[DEV-Only] 3.x Kernel for Xperia X10

Search This thread

alex_ncfc

Feb 24, 2012

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a more modern kernel and ROM on the X10 for sh*ts and giggles. But I don't think it's going to happen now as it's all gone very quiet on here.

It was a shame that the SEMC Debrand 4.1.2 ROM didn't get more development as that looked very promising.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As some may know, I'm getting headaches since months (I'm not a professional dev ...) to port 3.0.8 kernel on x10.

I'm opening a new thread to talk about progress on 3.x kernel ported to the
    ES209RA..

I'd like to share the work I've made since last year and involve as much people as it's possible.

I'll try to keep this thread updated with "what is working" and a "to do" or "to fix list" ...

You've been warned : this a development thread, and until kernel is "officialy" relased, flashing stuff or adding changes in kernel and flashing it on your device without knowing what you do may damage your phone.

Important notice :

This is not a thread to teach "how to port" or else ...

However when the time will come, testers will be needed, posts will be make to have report etc ...

Don't ask for ETA ...

Thanks a lot for understanding
    I got rid of working on the kernel.... :)

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app
    Some more fresh news ...

Ion version is booting with kgsl working.

The price to pay is less memory available ...

With cm10.1 it seems as "slow" as the no ion version ...

I think I'll make a new thread for "official" release ... if ever someone is interrested in using and upgrading this kernel...
    So ... read somewhere that kgsl needs fitting codes in drivers/video/msm ...

I used video drivers from 3.0.8 kernel instead of the ones I put from .32 ... timestamp error diseapeared ;), no more error in rom logcat due to kgsl either.

Have to solve few bugs to use those new drivers with our device and hopefully everything would be nice ;)

BTW solved a small problem in board with smipool memory allocation needed by ion heaps (commited in ion-test branch)

Will clean my repo when I'll get rid of display bugs.

In the same time progressed a little bit in 3.4 build but nothing really new for now.

For now it's "only" with pmem ... seems the changes don't work with the ion kernel.

The kernel doesn't boot on sde 4.1.2, got problem with the ion version of the kernel and problems with ramdisk.

I uploaded a cm10.1 ftf with the 3.0.8 kernel ... don't wait to have a super fast rom ... the kernel is stock, no oveclock or else ... don't report me the things that are not working :) no wifi, no bluetooth, no camera .... it's just a early early alpha and the bug list still long ...

Here is the link : Cm10.1-3-0-8kernel-alpha1