FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SGH-S959G Replacement Screen help

434 posts
Thanks Meter: 109

Post Reply Email Thread
I need help in searching for a new screen for my S959G phone but i dont know what to look for. now I know the charge port is a "I9100 Rev 2.3" because I took apart my phone to see what model and rev is my charge port.

Now is the screen part of the whole front of the phone with the touch part or is there a replacement screen with out the digitizer and whole front with it too?

and im sorry if this been asked before or sounds dumb from me asking.

EDIT: I found the whole front part with the screen and touch but at the top of that part it has the AT&T logo but thats the only ones im finding so far none with the TracFone logo at the top but does it matter between I777 and S959G parts?

24th May 2014, 12:02 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2,684

More
You probably won't find one with Tracfone branding, but don't see why you can't use an i777 one. You may have a hard time fixing your screen without the whole digitizer attachment, though. My i777 has had a crack running the entire length of the screen for over a year now, and no repair place would touch it because of how Samsung designed it.

Everything I've read about doing it yourself is way too complicated, due to the fact you'd have to buy the glue separately to reattach and it taking a few hours. I didn't have the nerve to try... perhaps you're more adventurous than I. Good luck!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SteveMurphy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)