OnePlus 6T Android Q beta thoughts

Search This thread

unomas

Jan 11, 2019
Hey guys! Just flashed the Android Q beta and have some thoughts:

First of all for some reason OnePlus removed navigation gestures, there isn't even the original OnePlus gestures. Common, that should have been easy to add.

Since OnePlus made the fingerprint work I assumed dash charging would work too, but this isn't the case.

I've seen people complain about not being heard on calls, but that works for me, the real problem is I can't send a text message, no matter what SMS app I use.

When fully powering off the phone it takes an absurd amount of time to shut down, it says "shutting down.." for a good 20 seconds.

Besides these issues everything works fine, I flashed TWRP and Magisk and will be trying this out, I hope they release some updates because as of now this isn't really usable as a daily driver.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190507-185056.png
    Screenshot_20190507-185056.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 4,223
  • Screenshot_20190507-183821.png
    Screenshot_20190507-183821.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 4,216
  • Screenshot_20190507-194401.png
    Screenshot_20190507-194401.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 4,204
Last edited:
G

GuestK00177

First of all for some reason OnePlus removed navigation gestures, there isn't even the original OnePlus gestures. Common, that should have been easy to add.

Since OnePlus made the fingerprint work I assumed dash charging would work too, but this isn't the case.

I've seen people complain about not being heard on calls, but that works for me, the real problem is I can't send a text message, no matter what SMS app I use.

When fully powering off the phone it takes an absurd amount of time to shut down, it says "shutting down.." for a good 20 seconds.

Besides these issues everything works fine, I flashed TWRP and Magisk and will be trying this out, I hope they release some updates because as of now this isn't really usable as a daily driver.
you can text if you send a screenshot or pic attached to it then the text goes through no matter what messaging app u use

G

GuestK00177

My thoughts are this sucks and op should be ashamed of themselves.they released a backport

SpasilliumNexus

Jan 23, 2013
Delaware
www.last.fm
The only bad thing OnePlus did is releasing it to all because most users are to stupid to understand.

This needs to be in bold with a size font of like 50.

For those of you in here complaining, that are too damn lazy to read, put some effort into reading this. Quoted from the release thread:

As the name suggests, this build of Android Q is best suited for developers and early adopters. As it is still in an early stage of development. That said, we do not recommend flashing this ROM if you have little to no experience in software development or flashing custom ROMs. Proceed at your own RISK!

unomas

Jan 11, 2019
This isn't meant as a daily driver [emoji19] it's not a beta build, it's a Dev build. Buggy as hell, no features, just a first try.

The only bad thing OnePlus did is releasing it to all because most users are to stupid to understand.
I think your right to a certain extent, but I also feel like lately OnePlus hasn't been doing what they have become known for, oneplus users want fast updates to try out the latest of Android.
this build while intended for development was made with very little thought, most other OEMs on the list actually made it useable, take essential for example, yes there are a few bugs but it can send a text and doesn't crash when you click on auto brightness. Even though it was for "devs".
OnePlus could have definitely done a better job at this, very dissatisfied.

G

GuestK00177

For those of you in here complaining, that are too damn lazy to read, put some effort into reading this. Quoted from the release thread:

No we are not too dumb to read and I understand how a " developer preview" works. I had 4 developer previews with P on my essential last year. Even the first two of that weren't very good but at least stable, especially if u or anyone have run or tried any of the Google gsi's or pixel Q gsi port of the last preview. What we are saying is why did they take away things that were already fixed and working and give us this crap. It's a slap to the face to release a less stable version than what is already out there. Me and protodevano made our own version of a Q ified vendor and in doing so could flash those said ROMs. This crap is clearly backwards movement and is the reason so many of us are irritated. It's not cuz we can't read or understand. OnePlus messed up and was late to the game and clearly hurried up with whatever dumb thing they could to catch up to the other oems and turn in something for the masses. Completely clueless everyone else would have more stable versions. That is fair to be annoyed at.

Lastly in regards to their last part. I probably have more experience in flashing, manipulating firmware, and dissecting, and decrypting all types of firmware
Than most people on the fajita threads.i wrote the book on gsi flashing with the essential. I fixed the volte issues for users. I made Oreo ROMs emulate pie for Shamu with rounded UI.. I'm the guy people look to when they would like to know if something is possible. I push the limits. This Q is not even possible to push anything with. And a piss poor representation. Don't make excuses if u didn't try any other Q ROMs before yesterday's OnePlus release.

Last edited:

indian84

Mar 30, 2012
Doha
Google Pixel 6 Pro
No we are not too dumb to read and I understand how a " developer preview" works. I had 4 developer previews with P on my essential last year. Even the first two of that weren't very good but at least stable, especially if u or anyone have run or tried any of the Google gsi's or pixel Q gsi port of the last preview. What we are saying is why did they take away things that were already fixed and working and give us this crap. It's a slap to the face to release a less stable version than what is already out there. Me and protodevano made our own version of a Q ified vendor and in doing so could flash those said ROMs. This crap is clearly backwards movement and is the reason so many of us are irritated. It's not cuz we can't read or understand. OnePlus messed up and was late to the game and clearly hurried up with whatever dumb thing they could to catch up to the other oems and turn in something for the masses. Completely clueless everyone else would have more stable versions. That is fair to be annoyed at.

Lastly in regards to their last part. I probably have more experience in flashing, manipulating firmware, and dissecting, and decrypting all types of firmware
Than most people on the fajita threads.i wrote the book on gsi flashing with the essential. I fixed the volte issues for users. I made Oreo ROMs emulate pie for Shamu with rounded UI.. I'm the guy people look to when they would like to know if something is possible. I push the limits. This Q is not even possible to push anything with. And a piss poor representation. Don't make excuses if u didn't try any other Q ROMs before yesterday's OnePlus release.
Don't argue with fanboys.
They can't see beyond OnePlus is best shyte..

G

GuestK00177

Has someone problems going back to custom roms?

I downgraded to the Pie Image linked in the OnePlus Android Q official post. This is working fine, i can boot and flash TWRP as well, but as soon as i install any room i go straight back to "Qualcom CrashDump Mode".

Tried the original fastboot partitions from "rom-stock-fastboot-roms-oneplus-6t" aswell, those are working fine for me as well. But soon as i flash any custom rom (tried 3 different ones) i go straight into the "Qualcom CrashDump Mode" (fastboot is no longer working after that so i have to use the MSM Tool to restore the phone).

Tried dirty flashing or a complete clean flash (wiping all partitions except Internal Storage) both result in the same Qualcom Crash screen.
Using the MSM Tool gets me a working Pie everytime, also using the original fastboot rooms works as well, it's only custom roms .... (tried with and without flashing magisk/opengapps)

Edit: International Version, no T-Mobile or McLaren Edition

It's cuz u still have one slot Q. When u install a rom it goes to that slot. From a booted up os, reboot to twrp, flash the pie downgrade zip again, then format, u should be good.or the quicker route would be use msm

PatrickLoewer

Oct 16, 2013
It's cuz u still have one slot Q. When u install a rom it goes to that slot. From a booted up os, reboot to twrp, flash the pie downgrade zip again, then format, u should be good.or the quicker route would be use msm

Was not the problem, but the MSM Tool didn't worked with the version i had.

Last edited:

Xpiatio

Jan 20, 2011
I just rebooted the phone. It says to enter in a PIN and none of the PINS that I normally use work. What are my options now that I can't get past the PIN setup to start Android?

sgarrand

Feb 4, 2011
I just rebooted the phone. It says to enter in a PIN and none of the PINS that I normally use work. What are my options now that I can't get past the PIN setup to start Android?

Fairly sure you have to wipe and not choose "secure startup" (or similar) in the set up. That feature (encryption) is not working currently.

They could make a PRE-Alpha build, say DO NOT INSTALL THIS, and zillions of lDIOTS would download it because they want the latest update, no matter what, THEN, will get on here, OP's website and other places to complain about it.
It's like these clowns hanging out windows, rail cars and what not to get a selfie so they can get "likes"....lDIOTS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This isn't meant as a daily driver [emoji19] it's not a beta build, it's a Dev build. Buggy as hell, no features, just a first try.

As the name suggests, this build of Android Q is best suited for developers and early adopters. As it is still in an early stage of development. That said, we do not recommend flashing this ROM if you have little to no experience in software development or flashing custom ROMs. Proceed at your own RISK!

No matter how buggy or broken they are, they are meant for developers to adapt software and hardware on them before final builds are out to the general public. Not for randoms to treat them as finals, as few here and a lot on the OP forums have done.
    They could make a PRE-Alpha build, say DO NOT INSTALL THIS, and zillions of lDIOTS would download it because they want the latest update, no matter what, THEN, will get on here, OP's website and other places to complain about it.
    It's like these clowns hanging out windows, rail cars and what not to get a selfie so they can get "likes"....lDIOTS