Officially released : 128GB micro sdcard

Search This thread

officerdoofy

Jan 2, 2013
NYC
I guess they are going to be specifically for Android too. $199.99

Anybody going to get one for their S4 now that most people won't be upgrading to the S5?

http://m.ibnlive.com/news/sandisk-i...irst-128gb-microsd-card-at-199/454447-11.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You've Just Been Tapatold ♧♢dbombROMv3.4♤♡

My SGS4 Theme ( Taking Req. )
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658527

Already ordered mine from Amazon when it was $119...shipping out March 23rd! :laugh:

Reactions: SaintCity86

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
you can a 128gb sd card for way cheaper. then one of those $5 microsd to sd adapters. i've seen people do it for the note 2 with no problems

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

worktorest

Jul 17, 2013
128gb is huge. Can't justify how I would need that size. Sticking with my 64gb for now. But good to know new technology is coming out.

highvista

Jul 12, 2009
Oregon
LG V20
I'm getting close to filling my current 64GB microSDXC card, so I'm really glad to see that the 128GB card is now available. Given my current rate of music collection expansion, I'll be buying one of these in about six months or so. It's hard not to just jump on the Amazon deal now, but I figure it doesn't hurt to wait and will allow Samsung to fix any possible roll-out bugs in the cards.

SaintCity86

Oct 23, 2013
you can a 128gb sd card for way cheaper. then one of those $5 microsd to sd adapters. i've seen people do it for the note 2 with no problems

What?

128gb is huge. Can't justify how I would need that size. Sticking with my 64gb for now. But good to know new technology is coming out.

I don't like needing to delete stuff constantly to make room for other stuff. It doesn't usually matter in the short term, but over long periods of time, I'm always wishing I hadn't deleted something I didn't think I'd need. That's why I save every single text message I send, back them up, and upload that backup to my drop box, which I've got 75 gigs of space free... And unlimited data plan, so it's basically an online sd card....

I love more space. I just don't like how long they are taking to release. They can probably fit a terabyte on a micro sd card now. If not a micro, then a regular sdcard for sure. But they'll release them one by one, in 64gb increments till infinity.

I would have to wonder would they be compatible with our phones..

Sdxc so yeah

You've Just Been Tapatold ♧♢dbombROMv3beta♤♡
☆FlappyBird☆Score ☆ 85 ☆

Reactions: hankbizzo5

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
What?

I don't like needing to delete stuff constantly to make room for other stuff. It doesn't usually matter in the short term, but over long periods of time, I'm always wishing I hadn't deleted something I didn't think I'd need. That's why I save every single text message I send, back them up, and upload that backup to my drop box, which I've got 75 gigs of space free... And unlimited data plan, so it's basically an online sd card....

I love more space. I just don't like how long they are taking to release. They can probably fit a terabyte on a micro sd card now. If not a micro, then a regular sdcard for sure. But they'll release them one by one, in 64gb increments till infinity.

Sdxc so yeah

☆FlappyBird☆Score ☆ 85 ☆

Get a regular sd card that's 128gb. Then use this:
attachment.php

Obviously that guy is using an extended battery but others have reported it tightly fitting under the stock cover. Can't find a pic right now.

Reactions: Kendosis and gsmyth

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Oh wow. I'll have to look into that with different back covers. Nice plug

I can't see that fitting under the stock back cover

Apparently that cover over the card can be removed with no problems? Haven't tried any of this myself. I'm looking for the pic of the guy who had it under the stock cover but it's buried somewhere in the Note 2's "post pics of your case" thread.

SaintCity86

Oct 23, 2013
Just Google "sd to microsd converter : dx.com"

6 bucks. I've found back covers and protective cases that will house this easy. And possibly a bigger battery as well, since that's what those covers are for....IF there's room above the battery and below the camera, for the converter. Idk though. I'll have to get my hands on the converter, then go to world of wireless to check out battery's and back covers. I don't think I'd mind my s4 feeling a bit more thick/heavy.

Def doable. And for a lot less then even a 64gb micro.

It's odd this product isn't more well known. That must be the retailers trying to hide it from the public by not producing it or selling it in their stores. For about 26 bucks, plus the cost of a reg sd card, you can have 4 times the space widely thought as currently available.

Borat voice

NNIIIICCCEEEE

Reactions: gsmyth

ryujeff

Jul 31, 2012
Bellevue
That will cost some money. and probably replace my external hard drive and have all the movies with me, and also use foldermount to install thousands of games.
Moving files to the sd will take longer than using all of the data in it...

Modern technology is just awesome. how do they make such a small thing with 128gb.

hella356

Jun 20, 2009
I could easily fill a 2TB SD card with music and movies if there were such a thing and it was affordable. I much prefer local storage to some remote data store controlled by somebody else, aka the "cloud". Would be awesome to be able to carry my entire media library in my phone without needing any other devices or even a data connection, and be free to watch or listen to anything I wanted at any time, rather than deciding ahead of time what to transfer to the phone. But 128GB is a great step in the right direction.

Reactions: av911

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What?

Sdxc so yeah

☆FlappyBird☆Score ☆ 85 ☆

Get a regular sd card that's 128gb. Then use this:
    attachment.php

Obviously that guy is using an extended battery but others have reported it tightly fitting under the stock cover. Can't find a pic right now.

Anybody going to get one for their S4 now that most people won't be upgrading to the S5?

http://m.ibnlive.com/news/sandisk-i...irst-128gb-microsd-card-at-199/454447-11.html

Already ordered mine from Amazon when it was $119...shipping out March 23rd! :laugh:

What?

I would have to wonder would they be compatible with our phones..

Sdxc so yeah

☆FlappyBird☆Score ☆ 85 ☆

If you are the type who likes to watch HD Movies on their phones, or constantly experiments with their phones and regularly makes Nandroid Backups, even a 64Gb Card will become insufficient.