[Q] building from source questions

Search This thread

skeliton lord

Mar 11, 2014
Palm Bay, FL
I just built android AOSP from source from googles repo. I didn't use the OTA pakage command because it kept telling me that it wasn't installed or whatever. So I built it and now I have the .IMG files in my out folder. My question is, is there any way that I can turn those .IMG files into a zip? And if I were to start cherry picking from git or gerrit, will it have to rebuild the entire ROM or will it just recreate the parts of the ROM that I cherry picked?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
What command did you use? I haven't built AOSP for ages.

"Make installclean" is a good command to use before you build but after you cherry pick. It will clean what is needed to be cleaned. If you're using CCache you could have a build pretty quickly

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: skeliton lord

skeliton lord

Mar 11, 2014
Palm Bay, FL
unless you do a clean/clobber, it should usually only rebuild the changes/dependant parts.

"Make installclean" is a good command to use before you build but after you cherry pick. It will clean what is needed to be cleaned. If you're using CCache you could have a build pretty quickly

So i have to use the make installclean command and it won't rebuild the entire ROM?
And do you happen to know a way to merge .IMG files into a flashable zip?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

... And if I were to start cherry picking from git or gerrit, will it have to rebuild the entire ROM or will it just recreate the parts of the ROM that I cherry picked?

unless you do a clean/clobber, it should usually only rebuild the changes/dependant parts.