G watch is frozen.

Search This thread

Derekwolfee

Feb 29, 2012
Looked at my watch and noticed the time was about an hour off.. The watch is completely frozen. I've tried placing it on the charging dock, also pressing the reset button for up to 30 seconds. And looking within the android wear app for a restart option all to no avail. Anyone know how to restart it?

ckarrow2

Oct 27, 2009
Forest City, NC
Looked at my watch and noticed the time was about an hour off.. The watch is completely frozen. I've tried placing it on the charging dock, also pressing the reset button for up to 30 seconds. And looking within the android wear app for a restart option all to no avail. Anyone know how to restart it?

Is the display still on? Maybe once the battery dies you can get it to reboot on the charger. Keep us posted!

Derekwolfee

Feb 29, 2012
Solved (well kinda): letting the device drain the battery over night and when I woke up the screen was black.. Placed it on the charger and all seems good now. I just wish there was a way to restart it without having to let it die.. Luckily I was home all day yesterday.. But if it would have froze while I was at work I would have been without it all day. That's kinda scary because I need a watch at work in my profession.

dude1981

May 7, 2014
Gaffney
Solved (well kinda): letting the device drain the battery over night and when I woke up the screen was black.. Placed it on the charger and all seems good now. I just wish there was a way to restart it without having to let it die.. Luckily I was home all day yesterday.. But if it would have froze while I was at work I would have been without it all day. That's kinda scary because I need a watch at work in my profession.

Look on the back. There is a hole where u can stick a paperclip or something same in to reset

Radagast82

Sep 10, 2007
my watch seems died. Left it on the charging cradle all night long, this morning i found it off with no way to turn it on. Placing on the cradle again shows the full battery icon, but the screen is totally black. Tried to use the little button on the back of the watch for about 10 sec with no results... any suggest but rma?

Derekwolfee

Feb 29, 2012
my watch seems died. Left it on the charging cradle all night long, this morning i found it off with no way to turn it on. Placing on the cradle again shows the full battery icon, but the screen is totally black. Tried to use the little button on the back of the watch for about 10 sec with no results... any suggest but rma?
Maybe try letting the battery run dead? That is what I had to do in order to get mine to reset

Radagast82

Sep 10, 2007
backlight seems off. i'll try again with the cradle once i'll be back home, but i do think that rma is the only way :(

Radagast82

Sep 10, 2007
update: seems like the charger i use no longer charge my gwatch. I connected the watch to my pc with another usb cable, and after some seconds it boots up :)
battery was completely drained (0%) so that's the cause of the problem. now, i tried to charge my phone with the same charger i use for the watch and it seems ok, so i'll probably have to discover why it didn't charge my watch until battery gone 0%...