[Root][Old Thread]HTC Desire 500

Search This thread

joe-khalil

Jun 19, 2012
beirut
Yes. I confirm that metod working. I managed to unlock the bootloader (htcdev.com), then to install CWMRecovery and to root the Desire 500 (one sim). It would be the time for opening a topic dedicated to HTC Desire 500...maybe someone is reading this.

hey how did u managed to unlock the bootloader????? i followed the step but at the end where u past the Device Identifier Token and i submit it says network error(tcp_error)!!! can u help??

oh and did u got the 4.2.2 update??

tibi73

Jun 24, 2009
Bucharest
Just follow exactly the steps required by htcdev.com. It took three times for me to finalize the unlock process but finally I made it.

Sent from my HTC Desire 500 using xda app-developers app

Phoenix007

Jun 10, 2008
Only PARTIAL root ...

I'm sorry to disappoint all of you ...

Tried the Russian methode ...

Root is only partial, some application's that need root, get it from SU, but can't write to the system partition.
When that happens there is an eminent reboot 10 seconds after that.

Anyone who tried the methode using version 0.98 of supersu, when booted and updating supersu using Google Play, root is also gone ...
When entering/leaving supersu after the update, also a reboot within 10 seconds ...

Tried it on my HTC Desire 500, single sim.

Regards,
Phoenix007

tibi73

Jun 24, 2009
Bucharest
It's really working. Just use update_supersu_1.65.zip for installing.

Phoenix007

Jun 10, 2008
Also tried update_supersu_1.65.zip ...
Same thing ...

Please try the following:

Install Avast Antivirus from Google Play.
Install and setup Anti Theft from within Avast.
Select advanced -> rooted methode.

Then you will see what I mean.

Regards,
Phoenix007

It's really working. Just use update_supersu_1.65.zip for installing.

tibi73

Jun 24, 2009
Bucharest
Unfortunately I don't use avast antivirus (using AVG) so I can't tell you what's the problem, but also it might be an avast issue, and not just your root.

Drahy

Apr 27, 2012
Hello,
I have succesfully unlocked, rooted and installed CWM and titanium backup my HTC Desire 500 ONE SIM - but now when I try to uninstall bloatware (like app for car or app for stocks etc) phone restarts and install all these uninstalled things back? Any solution for that? Thx

Phoenix007

Jun 10, 2008
As I commented before, the rooting procedure is not complete, it's only partial root ...

That's why you get this type of behavior ... rebooting when somethings are not completely done oke ...

I'm not a dev, but work in IT for the past 25 years, so I know how to test things ...

Regards,
Phoenix007

Hello,
I have succesfully unlocked, rooted and installed CWM and titanium backup my HTC Desire 500 ONE SIM - but now when I try to uninstall bloatware (like app for car or app for stocks etc) phone restarts and install all these uninstalled things back? Any solution for that? Thx

Drahy

Apr 27, 2012
As I commented before, the rooting procedure is not complete, it's only partial root ...

That's why you get this type of behavior ... rebooting when somethings are not completely done oke ...

I'm not a dev, but work in IT for the past 25 years, so I know how to test things ...

Regards,
Phoenix007

And is there any way how to "complete" the root process?

Phoenix007

Jun 10, 2008
I'm sorry, I wouldn't know, I'm not a dev ...

I'm a Windows type of guy, sometimes using a little linux/unix like on the command prompt of vmware esx, and there my knowledge stops ...

What seems to be the case is that not all of the system rom folders/locations are changed to have all the rights needed for root I suppose, but that's only an assumption based on the failure messages I get when working with the failing apps.

The only conclusion I could make on what I've tested is that the current root process used here is not 'complete' because of the reboots that happen with some application's that do work perfectly on other, older types of smartphone's ...

Avast Anti-Theft root-install does work on all other phones I've rooted, but not on this one.
With Titanium Backup, this also happens with certain scripts within the app.
Like removing apps you never use.
When SuperSu updates through Google Play, it will also fail completely. Root will be gone, and when trying to install the binary, the phone will show a failure message and reboot within 10 seconds, leaving you rootless.

Until now these three apps are the only ones that reboot the phone because some parts fail ...

For example, Droidwall is working like a charm.
AutomateIt Pro and MacroDroid also.

Regards,
Phoenix007

And is there any way how to "complete" the root process?

Phoenix007

Jun 10, 2008
New update HTC won't install ...

After rooting and installing CWM to do just that ...

Next problem arrived ...

New update 1.10.401.908 (41.2 MB) won't install because of CWM ...

It reboots the phone and starts recovery mode assuming it is the original recovery which it isn't ...

Regards,
Phoenix007

tibi73

Jun 24, 2009
Bucharest
After rooting and installing CWM to do just that ...

Next problem arrived ...

New update 1.10.401.908 (41.2 MB) won't install because of CWM ...

It reboots the phone and starts recovery mode assuming it is the original recovery which it isn't ...

Regards,
Phoenix007

Yes, you're right, it wont install. But anyway it's not an important update. I'm waiting for android 4.2.2 or 4.3, that would be a major update!

007gamer

Sep 18, 2011
Mainz
woooooooooooooooooooot - update??

omg ! Ive received the update but i cant flash it because of cwm. :(

Last edited:

eexter

Mar 19, 2011
How can i get that update? When i try to check available updates, i receive this info:
havegy6e.jpg

And this is my software info:
redadaza.jpg

debeliamark

Jun 16, 2007
Pleven

andrea_marcello

Feb 8, 2008
Siracusa
Hi guys,I try to go in fastboot mode,but I have problem to install adv/fastboot driver to win8..anyone knows how?Many thanks

Top Liked Posts