[Root][Old Thread]HTC Desire 500

Search This thread

myabc

Jan 27, 2006
please, anyone can link the stock unrooted original last rom? i need restore original factor because i sell the phone....
now i am rooted and kangbang kernel
thanks

lessio.a1

Jan 28, 2012
hey guys I have a locked bootloader and stock rom, I copied and renamed in sdcard in recovery but does not access the file and do not see how can I update?

Send to Asus TF300T JB 4.2.1 OC.. Grimlock V. 0.8

DzonyXX

May 17, 2008
Hello, I did everything as you write, everything is without errors but when I want install SuperSU, it write it is OK but when phone be rebooted, SuperSU is not installed. Any idea where is mistake?
Credits to @ SPSPaWn

Unlock your bootloader at htcdev.com

Install CWM
1. Download https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6WBFlAKqe30c0kwdG1VZC1FTlU/edit?usp=sharing
2. Extract .rar. Copy clockwormod folder to sdcard. Next create folder D:/android and copy CWMRecovery_D500_Philz.img and rename it to recovery.img
3. Turn off the phone and remove the battery.
4. Put the battery back and pres vol down "-" and power button.
5. Navigate the menu using the vol keys and enter FASBOOT via power buton
6. Conect the phone to pc, install drivers and HTC Sync
7. Dwnload ADB and extract to D:/android
8. Run cmd as Admin and type
d:
cd d:/android
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
9. Power down the phone and remove battery.
10. Put the battery back and pres vol down "-" and power button.
11. Navigate to the menu RECOVERY and pres power button.
You have instaled CWM Recovery!

Install SuperSu
Enter CWM Recovery and install this .zip http://download.chainfire.eu/282/SuperSU/CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip?retrieve_file=1
Your device should be rooted now!

Tested and working!

pr0x

Aug 28, 2010
Hello I am an owner of Desire 500 Dual Sim running latest software at the moment 1.32.401.2. My ask, is there a way to root the device without losing all the data (app data and settings). Because through HTC dev the phone makes full wipe as i heard. What about firewater method is it secure, can someone confirm that it works? Thanks.

poison_ivy

Nov 18, 2009
Anybody know how to just unlock HTC Desire 500 (One SIM) ?
As I know for some phones it just requires PIN ?

THX

enrico87a

Feb 25, 2009
Hi all,

New onwer of desire 500 (one Sim), very satisfied up to now. I managed to root, everything is OK.
I will try to install the update as well based on the previous comments.

I only have an issue. Proximity sensor doesn't work :(
It always reports 9CM and even if I cover the sensor this doesn't change.
The light sensor, works as expected. What do you think, is it a hardware failure or a software one ?
I tried reset to factory, still the problem persists. I don't know whether the update may solve the issue.
Does anybody has the same issue ?

Thanks.
Same here.. Proximity sensor stop working, and the same happens whit red led that does't turn on...only green led is working.. is anybody knows a solution for this issue?

sakalsk

Sep 20, 2011
Presov
OnePlus 2
Microphone stop working.

Hi all, after change of LCD on my Desire 500 my microphone stop working. Nobody can hear me. Can anybody help what need to be done?

I try open phone again and give all parts back as precisely as possible i can but with no success.

Top Liked Posts