[ROM]-[13/03/10- 14:48 GMT] VillainROM 3.4! (HTC Sense - Android 2.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nprussell

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
Anybody tried flashing NetLoc-signed to this to see if Network Location via cell towers works after?

I am gonna give it a try in a sec; but that is one slow download. Any objection to mirrors being created?

If Netloc fix works, please let me know and I'll include it, ensuring to thank Raider along the way.

No - I have no objection to mirrors being created. It's currently hosted at the company I co-run with another fellow android fanatic, I plan on updating it regularly that's all, so please ensure to make it clear which version you've uploaded in your post!

nprussell

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
Hey,

I used NetLoc-signed.zip from CK-Droid thread, and it works. Picked up my location and weather right away.

I know this fix is integrated in KaguDroid 1.1 (based off AOSP 2.1-r2)

:)

EXCELLENT!

I'll implement this fix tomorrow, along with many others!

Please be patient until then folks! Sleep beckons!

Vip3ra

Jan 24, 2010
EXCELLENT!

I'll implement this fix tomorrow, along with many others!

Please be patient until then folks! Sleep beckons!

Any chance of a perfectly working market? With protected apps available?
Not sure it its possible or not but know one of the ASOP roms worked perfectly

On a side note, awesome rom, most stable I have tryed so far!

fabioccoelho

Jan 11, 2009
Manaus
It´s only 2 ringtones :( and 4 notificatios :( ! What´s possibilites to include more ringtones (htc hero stile and nexus stile)?

Thanks! :D

EDIT: Phone freezes on turn on BT Widget.

Last edited:

einand

Feb 2, 2008
Anybody tried flashing NetLoc-signed to this to see if Network Location via cell towers works after?

I am gonna give it a try in a sec; but that is one slow download. Any objection to mirrors being created?

Is this at all AOSP 2.1-r1 based?

I'm learning to live with the standard Android keyboard because it has voice input... still like the HTC IME for the long-press for numbers and symbols though...

NetLoc-signed wont work, it only make the rom unstable and freizes all the time, i hade to take out the battery for like 5-6 times so now going back to MoDaco 3.1

bt1980

Jun 18, 2009
update - NetLoc-signed... maybe not the silver bullet

Looks like NetLoc-signed is not quite the silver bullet I was hoping for. I pm'd the chef to make sure he is aware.

I am getting "Toronto" only in htc clock/weather widget on homepage (this happened right away, before i allowed GPS location). It does not seem to give network location to Google Maps or to Weather Widget (weather widget gives Gdansk as location). I am not getting instability issues like others have reported though.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions. I'll be more thorough in testing in future.

I noticed that Flickr integration is planned; but does not appear to be working... and the photos in the contact list seem to be dithered in some strange way (I also saw this same contact photo dithering in 'HERO21-Community-v1.8').

I'm torn because AOSP 2.1-r2 and KaguDroid 1.1 have everything except Sense and Facebook sync (including voice input to any text field, Layar and Goggles appear in Market without any use of Market Enabler, and working Network Location); but I really want Sense... haha...

Thanks for the ROM. It's really great to see so much Hero dev happening. ;o)

Last edited:

fl4r3

Feb 24, 2008
London
I like this ROM alot!!!

...However...I had to revert back to the previous ROM due to:
1) No working APPS2SD (got permission failures and then failed to reboot)
2) Missing apps in market (like mybackup pro)

Apart from them two the ROM was nice and stable! Definitely liked it so once those issues are fixed, I'll put it back on (didnt really care too much about the location bug, although if that gets fixed too then it would be a bonus)!

Looking forward to the next version...

irispen

Jul 25, 2009
so mayn great feedbacks.. but still...

- And the BIG one - PNG Optimize ROSIE, for speed purposes! (this one may have to wait until 25/01/10... I need my phone on tomorrow evening, expecting a call!

maybe i should wait for this one before downloading this rom..

thanks! this must be the rom that im looking for!

asadji

Feb 26, 2007
APPS2SD

Good Work Man!!!! could u please get the APPS2SD working on the next release since i heavily depend on it.
Thanks

mahsidi

Apr 29, 2007
Hi, is it me or does the dictionary and suggestions and corrections seems totally out of whack.

It does not seem to correct spelling or grammar and instead of reffering to common words it refers and inserts names and places in the address book.

Aprt from that this rom seems to be running fine.

good on the dev

j2kquest

Oct 4, 2007
Is 3d gallery supported
ive used all the 2.1 roms and have settled with ckdroid now because it plays my 3d games

l3st4t50

Dec 27, 2009
Great Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing is missing, i need dictionaries working, when i go to keyboard settings i only see english, im from spain, please dude you know any rom where i can get these settings???

Thanks!

Hartner_X

Jan 24, 2010
Kiruna
Really nice ROM, great work! Nav works great here in Sweden.

To the bugs I found:
Googles keep crashing during analysing (com.google.android.apps.unveil).
During Fake Provider in MarketEnabler I have several times got Superuser Permission is not responding.
Trying to use Online directories in Peoples keeps getting me crashes (com.android.htccontacts)

Anyways thanks for a great release!

dj_denims

Apr 28, 2007
Melbourne
wow this thread is moving fast im really happy :)
i look forward to this and i geuss if a2sd and htc keybord are working i might donate a decent amout for all the hard work :)
look forward to seeing this completed modaco rom move over :p
there is a new hero for the hero in town :p

wrsg

Apr 23, 2008
in a cage
what rom did you base this on?

maybe you should ask HTC to employ you, as they seem to be having difficulty releasing a 2.1 rom with Sense, they need someone to show them how to code their own software ;)

grassiekuik

Jul 12, 2007
I replied on htcpedia with my list of findings. Now i see on your first post that the to do list is about taken care of.

Tnx great Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So Nathan how did you get voice dialer to work? It seems to do nothing for me

Edit: it seems to pick up some things and not others.

Is there anyway to get this app to run by pressing a shortcut? or by pressing the button on my BT headset?
    Wait and see mate... ;)

Give a man 4 hours on a rom... and see what he can do.

You always have something up your sleeve. Lol cant wait to check it out