Ladicx

Aug 14, 2011
Utah
Any one have sound? I tried everything and I can't get sound

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

iamikon

May 17, 2012
Just as an FYI.. it appears sound is non-functional on the 5/24 goo.im build

Crap and I made a new build this morning, but didn't upload it since I saw the goo one. I'll upload mine ASAP.

I'm uploading my build now and will continue to provide these while the official builds are fixed.

RootBox-JB-manta-Nightly-20130524.zip - 180.24 MB

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium HD app

roloracer

Jul 8, 2008
Kissimmee
Ever since my last update the top of the screen has become unresponsive, I have to hit the to corners 3 or 4 times to get it to respond. For example where the the dots are for the menu or send or reply in tapatalk/XDA app. Also when you use the edge of the screen to scroll pages on the launcher, both top corners don't respond well but the bottom corners do just fine. I'm not sure why, I compared md5 and it was a clean download, tried stock/trinity/Franco kernels and is the same on all of them. Gonna reflash and see what happens.

RoloRacer on Rootbox Nexus 10

Reactions: apascual89

DocteurN

Jan 6, 2005
I've just seen that there is a new version ? 20130526
I'm downloading it through goomanager...

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 10 avec Tapatalk

Reactions: shadowblade330

SacGuru

Dec 9, 2012
Ever since my last update the top of the screen has become unresponsive, I have to hit the to corners 3 or 4 times to get it to respond. For example where the the dots are for the menu or send or reply in tapatalk/XDA app. Also when you use the edge of the screen to scroll pages on the launcher, both top corners don't respond well but the bottom corners do just fine. I'm not sure why, I compared md5 and it was a clean download, tried stock/trinity/Franco kernels and is the same on all of them. Gonna reflash and see what happens.

RoloRacer on Rootbox Nexus 10

I can confirm that this is an issue. Its hard to select tabs when I am using a browser such as Dolphin because a very small portion of the topmost layer is unresponsive.

Sent from my GT-N7100 or the Nexus 10, heaven knows.

Those who help noobs go to heaven. True story.

Reactions: roloracer

kilometers4

Mar 6, 2012
Message from Bajee

Nightly 20130528
New nightly is being built for all supported devices. Leave your comments about this build on this website, Google + or Facebook. Your feedback is important and highly important. If you want to report a bug, make sure it’s a bug in the first place and then attach the proper logs so I can take a look at it. This nightly includes the Menu UI overflow (3 dot menu) fix from PAC-Rom and several other merges. Galaxy S2 users (i9100) will see a slight improvement in performance due to the switch in kernel (smdk4412). For the rest of the changes, take a look at the changelog.

Source: https://plus.google.com/107766449895730667621/posts/LRZsiFb8Pzp

fkrone

May 25, 2011
Stuttgart
On both Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 the menu key seems to be buggy (not displayed e.g. in Play Store and XDA app).

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

kilometers4

Mar 6, 2012
Message from Bajee

Latest Nightlies (last 2-3 builds) from all supported devices have been transferred to the new hosting site. Download speeds should be faster now. I'll also mirror the stable builds by tomorrow, if I have time. From this point forward, all builds will be uploaded to Goo and Basketbuild. Unfortunately, Basketbuild does not have an OTA app but they are in the process of developing one for their servers. Until then, you can use Goo's notifications to find out if there's a new build and head to Basketbuild through your Browser (PC or Mobile) to download the builds. If you wish to donate directly to Basketbuild (which I encourage you to do), I'll leave you guys the link below.

Donate: http://basketbuild.com/

RootBox Builds: http://rootbox.basketbuild.com/

Source: https://plus.google.com/107766449895730667621/posts/8m7pRvNEcJ3

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
Just reset my tablet with TWRP and installed RootBox... Then factory wiped, did PAC, then CM... All my ROM's now load only the phone verison of apps, such as the Play Store, and its getting aggravating. I haven't been able to find a solution yet, but factory wipes, cache clears, etc. don't seem to fix it. Anybody else encountered this?

I wanted to try Rootbox but I don't know if it was a bug or what that seems to ahve borked my tab...

shadowblade330

Mar 29, 2012
California
Just reset my tablet with TWRP and installed RootBox... Then factory wiped, did PAC, then CM... All my ROM's now load only the phone verison of apps, such as the Play Store, and its getting aggravating. I haven't been able to find a solution yet, but factory wipes, cache clears, etc. don't seem to fix it. Anybody else encountered this?

I wanted to try Rootbox but I don't know if it was a bug or what that seems to ahve borked my tab...

can you post a screen shot not sure what you mean
I came from PAC and now on Rootbox I don't have a problem being in tablet mode

Reactions: apascual89

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
can you post a screen shot not sure what you mean
I came from PAC and now on Rootbox I don't have a problem being in tablet mode

Well, the app seems to have solved itself... Oddly. I kept repeating the wipes and suddenly it worked. All the apps were coming up with the Phone layout instead of Phablet or tablet, even when I tried to force it, and I just kept getting the same interface my phone gets.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. I personally have a high standard when it comes to releases and this is why this project always meets the expectations of users. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Based on JB 4.2.2- Built from RootBox Sources

AOKP Features

CM Profiles

USB OTG

Per App DPI

Per App Tablet UI

Per App Language

Navigation Bar Colour

Lockscreen vibration option

Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Variable size pattern lockscreen

RootBox Settings

Lockscreen Shortcuts (Paranoid)

Lockscreen Targets

Expanded Desktop

LockClock (Chronus)

Screen Security Features (Unlock options)

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM:

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. Reboot

Coming from Stock ROM:

1. Root Tablet- Get TWRP Recovery

2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

3. Flash RootBox zip

4. Flash JB GAPPS

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache

6. Reboot

How to upgrade RootBox versions:

1. Download RootBox update

2. Flash RootBox update

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Cache (Optional)

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)

6. Reboot

RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box

Built with stock Cyanogenmod Kernel

Downloads

ROM- http://rootbox.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/Nightlies/manta/

GAPPS- http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

Credits/Thanks To:
    * bajee11 - RootBox Creator
    * AOKP
    * Teamhacksung
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * rovo89 - For his excellent work on Xposed Framework
    * Paranoid Android
    * Rodries
    * Pier
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers​
    The next update should be huge in terms of optimization. Bajee has been very busy it seems that the next build should have PUB optimizations included. As soon as it's ready, I'll update.
    I guess we are official then! Yes the goo build should be fine. Let me know any issues.

Sent from my Find 5 using Tapatalk 2
    New Build Up

New Build Uploaded

This was posted by Bajee about the latest build:

Quick Update:

1) Tablet UI FC fixed. Some minor overlapping left to fix.
    2) Pie behaviour Fixed
    3) Ribbon Bottom switch should be fixed as well.
    4) Ribbon timeout and buttons reset will be fixed in next release - thanks to Steve
    5) PA Colours - needs to be fixed
    6) App menu UI Flow - needs to be fixed (3 dots menu)
    7) Notifications Shortcuts FC - needs to be fixed
    8) Profiles toggles not getting refreshed - needs to be fixed
    9)If no one noticed, I merged a new feature from CM - Power sounds. You'll find it in Settings>Sounds
    10) Fix every other minor bugs

As you can see, I'm aware of most bugs but I just don't have the time for it. If you think you can fix a few things in my absence, don't hesitate to send me a pull request. I'll try my best to merge the pull request as fast as I can. For those submitting translations pull requests, I kind of got fed up since you guys were submitting patches that were breaking the builds. Before submitting a patch, make sure you built with it first. The current bugs in RB are very minor IMO but if you feel it's too much for you to handle, then I suggest you move on to something better. And the rest of you guys, enjoy the latest nightly

Info on AOKP Ribbons:

https://plus.google.com/115269193314065531696/posts/Fj38vKBS7Ut