[02 Nov][RECOVERY][NAND|SD][cLK|MAGLDR] ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6 "YES/NO" STABLE

Search This thread

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
good morning everybody!

@ layouts: yep, we really need two versions:
- one with small cache for chefs which are linking cache into the data partition and
- one with cache "as usual", sized ~ 44mb

sizing the system partitions adequate for everyone is not really possible, i believe. have a look @ DAF flasher versions, here the system partition in most cases is depending on filesize of the system image, there are much more variations available than for cLK.

@ silverwind: what exactly is your problem? :D recovery doesn't boot, no matter if used via sdcard or nand? maybe i've made a mistake whilst cokmpiling it, please tell me more, as i didn't test the magldr versions due to no more using it. but i thought they should work as usual.

mattfmartin

Mar 25, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Top of the morning Seadersn. Question about rom manager. In the PRO version, when you can select to check for updates on a build. Is that just fir supported CM devices? Also why won't Cyanogen put our phone in the supported devices section? Our phone is as native as can be, except for getting OTA updates.

Last edited:

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
yep, it is. but one can contact koushik dutta and request his rom to be in the update list. the rom chef needs to submit a java script file, which contains the necessary data such as rom name, server to check for downloads etc.
i believe charansinghs version for example will be available for us pro users soon :)

mattfmartin

Mar 25, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
yep, it is. but one can contact koushik dutta and request his rom to be in the update list. the rom chef needs to submit a java script file, which contains the necessary data such as rom name, server to check for downloads etc.
i believe charansinghs version for example will be available for us pro users soon :)

Yea I used to use his build, but stopped until he gets finish with his school stuff. Will be really nice when we finally get to see our device in cm forum

silverwind

Mar 2, 2010
Neverending Land
@ silverwind: what exactly is your problem? :D recovery doesn't boot, no matter if used via sdcard or nand? maybe i've made a mistake whilst cokmpiling it, please tell me more, as i didn't test the magldr versions due to no more using it. but i thought they should work as usual.

I posted my question in this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=12233670

I can boot into Recovery using AD Boot method. But if I use USB Flasher to flash Raider x Recovery, then I cant boot into Recovery (after flash), it always says ERROR cannot read kernel image

Please check the above link, i hope you can help;)

thanks in advance

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
i've installed magldr for testing this out and unfortunately this is working with no problems :( and i have no idea what could cause this at your side; i'll hop over to your thread and have a look at it. we will get this :)

silverwind

Mar 2, 2010
Neverending Land
i've installed magldr for testing this out and unfortunately this is working with no problems :( and i have no idea what could cause this at your side; i'll hop over to your thread and have a look at it. we will get this :)

Maybe, there is damage in my physicall NAND :(
Now, I go back to Winmo for several days and will retry and see if it works.

Thanks anyway

despy1989

Mar 21, 2010
Birmingham
I posted my question in this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=12233670

I can boot into Recovery using AD Boot method. But if I use USB Flasher to flash Raider x Recovery, then I cant boot into Recovery (after flash), it always says ERROR cannot read kernel image

Please check the above link, i hope you can help;)

thanks in advance

Please check the flash.cfg in the recovery folder that you are using. I have had the same problem and realised trawling thru the forums the problem was with the second line in flash.cfg file
misc ya 1M
recovery ya|ro 5M
boot ya|boot|ro 8M
system ya 140M
cache ya 30M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

Instead this line should read

recovery rrecov|ro|nospr filesize recovery-raw.img

changing this sorted the problem
hope this helps

Reactions: silverwind

zach.antre

Mar 29, 2010
Athens
hmmmm... Strange...
Here is what happened to me.

I flashed cLK 1.3.3. and then the CWM 3.0.1.9. Everything works fine even CWM menu shows cLK1.3.3. CWM 3.0.1.9.
I then flashed TyphooN's ROM and the Kernel provided in 3rd post and everything is working fine.
I tried to use ROM Manager to check how good it was working. Then i tried "Flash CWM Recovery" in ROM Manager menu. I was messing around and decided to download the CWM for ZTE-Blade which is 3.0.1.4. (for testing purpose and not because i am stupid :p )

Now the strange part is first of all ROM Manager didn't recognise the version of CWM i am using, 2nd that it allowed me to flash a CWM recovery that is not for my device (but thats ROM Manager bug and Leo is not supported yet), and 3rd even though it booted in CWM the title was cLK 1.3.3. CWM 3.0.1.9 it was acting as CWM 3.0.1.4 (i just tested the charge feature and just keep rebooting after i shutdown)...
Also once i reflashed with fastboot the new CWM recovery 3.0.1.9. it were still acting as CWM 3.0.1.4.

I don't know it this is cLK or CWM bug but this is the right place to post it...

Last edited:

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
hmmmm... Strange...
Here is what happened to me.

I flashed cLK 1.3.3. and then the CWM 3.0.1.9. Everything works fine even CWM menu shows cLK1.3.3. CWM 3.0.1.9.
I then flashed TyphooN's ROM and the Kernel provided in 3rd post and everything is working fine.
I tried to use ROM Manager to check how good it was working. Then i tried "Flash CWM Recovery" in ROM Manager menu. I was messing around and decided to download the CWM for ZTE-Blade which is 3.0.1.4. (for testing purpose and not because i am stupid :p )

Now the strange part is first of all ROM Manager didn't recognise the version of CWM i am using, 2nd that it allowed me to flash a CWM recovery that is not for my device (but thats ROM Manager bug and Leo is not supported yet), and 3rd even though it booted in CWM the title was cLK 1.3.3. CWM 3.0.1.9 it was acting as CWM 3.0.1.4 (i just tested the charge feature and just keep rebooting after i shutdown)...
Also once i reflashed with fastboot the new CWM recovery 3.0.1.9. it were still acting as CWM 3.0.1.4.

I don't know it this is cLK or CWM bug but this is the right place to post it...

for first: rom manager doesn't seem to be able to see the real version installed, it only stores the info of the recovery which it installed itself.
for second: not a bug ;) if rom manager doesn't correctly recognize your system, it lets you choose a recovery; no matter if it's suitable, you can flash any version. if your device gets recognized, you have only one choice: your device :)
for third: acting like means? did you shut down your hd2 and (after waiting 5 seconds) then plugged your a/c adaptor in? then it will be charged, led = orange means charging, green = full, blinking = overcharge / -heat; this doesn't work in recovery itself. :(
and reboot to recovery isn't working? that's related to the correct combination of cache partition size, initrd.gz (mounting of cache; evtl. corrected through an init.d startup script) and kernel.

Stephen

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Ban Time!
Staff member
I have jsut tried the charging in off line mode and also finding that it is not working. I have the euro 576mb version with magldr 1.13 and 3.0.1.9 installed. Did as you suggested powered off the phone, waited 5 seconds and plugged it into the mains. It started to charge but simply turned back on again.

zach.antre

Mar 29, 2010
Athens
for first: rom manager doesn't seem to be able to see the real version installed, it only stores the info of the recovery which it installed itself.
for second: not a bug ;) if rom manager doesn't correctly recognize your system, it lets you choose a recovery; no matter if it's suitable, you can flash any version. if your device gets recognized, you have only one choice: your device :)
for third: acting like means? did you shut down your hd2 and (after waiting 5 seconds) then plugged your a/c adaptor in? then it will be charged, led = orange means charging, green = full, blinking = overcharge / -heat; this doesn't work in recovery itself. :(
and reboot to recovery isn't working? that's related to the correct combination of cache partition size, initrd.gz (mounting of cache; evtl. corrected through an init.d startup script) and kernel.

ok... That's nice to know that those are not actually bugs... so i guess it will be fine once ROM Manager supports HD2.

Well about the "acting"...
The CWM version i flashed from fastboot was the 3.0.1.9.
The CWM version i flashed from ROM Manager was the 3.0.1.4. (ZTE-Blade)
What happened is that even though i reflashed 3.0.1.9 (and thats what the CWM Title were saying) the telephone for some reason kept the 3.0.1.4. (I have only tested the charging while phone was off - waited about 10 sec and then once i plugged in the cable turned on by itself)

3.0.1.4. was working fine btw.

silverwind

Mar 2, 2010
Neverending Land
Please check the flash.cfg in the recovery folder that you are using. I have had the same problem and realised trawling thru the forums the problem was with the second line in flash.cfg file
misc ya 1M
recovery ya|ro 5M
boot ya|boot|ro 8M
system ya 140M
cache ya 30M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

Instead this line should read

recovery rrecov|ro|nospr filesize recovery-raw.img

changing this sorted the problem
hope this helps

I checked it, and it is already correct (the green sentence above) as it should be (because I didnt do anything with the file since I downloaded from the original thread (Raider x)).

Thanks for your suggestion anyway:)

despy1989

Mar 21, 2010
Birmingham
Please can you list the exact procedure u followed including the Rom ur trying to use and also post the flash cfg info. I can try and help. PM me all this if you like
I checked it, and it is already correct (the green sentence above) as it should be (because I didnt do anything with the file since I downloaded from the original thread (Raider x)).

Thanks for your suggestion anyway:)

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, folks

ClockworkMod Recovery (<- source).
    "Changelog of ClockworkMod Recovery"

changes are here for some of the work we have done for support in RM

changes for the yes/no patch, and anything provided in this thread are here

If you cannot wait for new builds, then Arifs nightly builds are available here.

Features:

• Based on 5.0.2.6 sources
    • Re-coded recovery and leo gits in few places to have the same CWR working for both MAGLDR and cLK
    • Fixed cLK with versioning in cLK to add clk=1.4.0.1 to /proc/cmdline
    • Now require cLK 1.4.0.1, rather than the 1.4 from cedesmith
    • Compiled using official Offmode-Charging Fix by Koush
    • Edited confirmation menu to show one "no" only
    • Re-arranged YES / NO: YES now is on first place
    • ReiserFS and NILFS Support
    • Offmode-Charging with cLK ONLY
    • SD-EXT backup / restore (no matter if Reiser, NILFS, ext 2/3/4)

You can flash this image easily from within Android; simply copy the file onto your sdcard and run following commands:

Code:
    $ su
    # flash_image recovery /sdcard/name_of_recovery_file.img

Maybe the flash_image command is not available on your build; you can find it attached. Copy it into /system/bin folder and run following in terminal emulator:

Code:
    $ su
    # chmod 777 /system/bin/flash_image

For cLK:

• You need android sdk installed and path variable set in windoze to "*androidsdk*/platform-tools" and "*androidsdk*/tools" (alternatively you can copy the .img into the tools folder of android sdk and operate from there)
    • Flash appropiate cLK 1.4.0.1 layout from second post
    • Download the file attached
    • Boot your phone into fastboot mode (hold back key (left arrow) whilst powering on)
    • Open a command line by pressing "windoze key+r" and typing "cmd", followed by enter
    • Navigate to folder, which contains the recovery image
    • Type "fastboot erase recovery" (<- not really necessary; just to make sure), followed by enter
    • Type "fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery_file.img", followed by enter
    • Type "fastboot reboot" for rebooting your phone
    • Access recovery as described in cedesmiths thread (hold home key whilst powering on)
    • You're done :)

For MAGLDR 1.13, booting from NAND:

• Download a partition layout incl. recovery from this thread which fits your ROM you want to use best and unzip it into "C:\recovery" for example
    • Copy over the recovery image file from inside the zip archive into this folder "C:\recovery", delete existing "recovery-raw.img" and rename copied image file to "recovery-raw.img"
    • Flash the recovery and partition layout using "DAF.exe" as usual and described in the thread of raiderx or the ROM provider
    • Boot Recovery with menu point "8. AD Recovery"
    Note: For future updates of CWR it's best to set up a fixed boot partition size of 5M and not use the filesize flag in flash.cfg.
    [/list]

For MAGLDR up to 1.13, booting from SDCard (SD-files version):

• Extract the files to the root directory of your sdcard
    • Start recovery within MAGLDR with menu point "AD SD"
    • Recovery should start

For both via CWR:

• Download the *_CWR.zip file onto sdcard
    • Go into recovery by either holding home key in cLK or using the 8. AD to recovery in MAGLDR
    • Note: recovery-partition size of minimum 5MB needed
    • Select Install zip from sdcard
    • Select Choose zip from sdcard
    • Navigate/Select the recovery from the sdcard
    • Select yes to install the recovery
    • reboot into recovery, and hooray, you are in the new recovery
    August 7, 2011
    • Newest sources 4.0.1.4

June 10, 2011
    • 4.0.0.0 sources
    • Changelog of recovery:
      - added the efs partition to the do not format list
      - also fix up the /sdcard symlink on startup
      - tar nandroid and /data/media support

June 8, 2011
    • 3.2.0.1 sources
    • Changelog of recovery:
      - Rename format_ignore_partitions to a forbid_format
      - Fix 6 extentedcommands declaration warnings

June 3, 2011
    • 3.2.0.0 sources
    • Added changes necessary for compiling "one recovery for all"
    • ClockworkmodRecovery now works for MAGLDR and cLK, no extra recovery for each loader
    • Added new cLK 1.4.0.1 partition layouts as attachment
    • Arif is continuing this for unknown time: thank you very much, Arif :)

April 18, 2011
    • 3.0.2.4 sources; renamed to 3.0.2.5
    • Compiled with Koush's Offmode Charging fix
    • Attention: Filesize is ~ 1MB bigger than previous version due to new Offmode Charge Fix (i believe); it still fits into 5MB Recovery Partition Size
    • SD Version is only working if power or USB is plugged in -.- Working 3.0.2.4 Version here

April 13, 2011
    • Updated to newer 3.0.2.4 sources; see "changelog" link in first post ;)
    • Full support for REISERFS & NILFS filesystems
    • cLK and MAGLDR will follow
    • Added zip file containing cedesmith's offmodecharging and my edits as "patch" (diff) file
    • Added another flash-method and attached the binary which is necessary

March 29, 2011
    • Added some cLK_1.4_partition layouts; attached on this post
    • Normal Cache-size Version (usable for most cases):
      1. boot 5M
      2. cache 44MB
      3. recovery 5MB
      4. misc 1MB
      5. system 80-160MB in 10MB steps, 180-400 in 20MB steps
      6. userdata = rest of available NAND
    • Small Cache-size Version (requires initrd.gz which links /cache to userdata partition):
      1. boot 5M
      2. cache 5MB
      3. recovery 5MB
      4. misc 1MB
      5. system 80-160MB in 10MB steps, 180-400 in 20MB steps
      6. userdata = rest of available NAND
    stirkac made an exe installer with these layouts; it installs cLK and the desired layout automatically. You can find it here. Thank him :)

March 25, 2011
    • Updated to 3.0.2.4 sources

March 17, 2011
    • Updated to 3.0.1.9 sources
    • cLK was updated to latest patches from cedesmith incl. complete offmode charging support (LED color changing, button press behaviour etc)

March 15, 2011
    • Backup'n Restore does what it is intended to
    • cLK is running well and was updated to latest patches from cedesmith
    • MAGLDR is running well if restored backups are from same version

March 14, 2011
    • Second run, needs testing by MAGLDR users regarding full restore (mainly: Boot partition!)
    • cLK is running well

March 10, 2011
    • Initial release, 3.0.1.4, English only
    • Bug with MAGLDR; removed

Notes:
    - Backups from a previous version can't be restored with this one. However, backups from this version are fully working.
    - Offmode charging is only possible with cLK; MAGLDR up to 1.13 isn't capable about that at this time, maybe in future releases.
    - MAGLDR Versions are untested by me, here i'll need your feedback, especially regarding restorings from earlier versions (e.g 3.0.1.4 backup restored in 3.0.1.9 = working or not).

CWM "ChangeLog", but w/o Version No.
    CWR 6.0.2.7

All,

I have compiled a new version of Recovery, it's the standard CWR, so I haven't made any modifications yet.

Let me know how it goes

I am working to get CM10.1 compiled at some point, at the moment I am hitting some hurdles, but hopefully can get something up soon

and, I hope everyone's had a good festive period
    nope, it isn't possible for now because of nand vs (e)mmc, as i understood :( my testimonials with ext2/3 in kernel and recovery stuff were unsuccessful, too :(

i will change first post now to latest 5.0.2.6 version now; and quit the developing of android for hd2 now :) it's enough; RL is catching me and i really need my energy there. i will assist hyperdroid team in future, too, but not that way it was the last three / four months. assisting for this device, which is getting only older, is done for me :(

have fun @ all :D maybe we will see us again in the sensation or sgs2 or ... section again; but earliest in 5-6 months ;)
    CWR 3.0.2.8

OK, here is the update as promised

I have tested the both magldr and clk builds myself, so should work.

Any problems, let me know