[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy S

3,928 posts
Thanks Meter: 21,366

By pawitp, Recognized Developer on 14th November 2013, 10:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th January 2014, 06:07 PM |#1691  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Hi, did any of you tried to check the smoothness of pulling notifications if Bluetooth is enabled? I am forced to have Bluetooth always on so my notifications are really ugly..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fran_xda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fran_xda Ad-Free

6th January 2014, 06:19 PM |#1692  
Flag Cracow
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fran_xda

Hi, did any of you tried to check the smoothness of pulling notifications if Bluetooth is enabled? I am forced to have Bluetooth always on so my notifications are really ugly..

I tried it and.. it really works! With Bluetooth OFF notification bar animation is choppy for me, but with Bluetooth ON it immediately becomes smooth!
6th January 2014, 06:44 PM |#1693  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Does zram use gzip, or some other algorithm to compress?

Signature? Signature!
6th January 2014, 07:55 PM |#1694  
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Where can I activate ZRAM? The setting is not longer available under "Performance/Memory Management" after upgrade to 20130106 Nightly.

sent from my galaxy I9000 running CM11 with tapatalk
6th January 2014, 08:15 PM |#1695  
Thanks Meter: 259

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoas

Where can I activate ZRAM? The setting is not longer available under "Performance/Memory Management" after upgrade to 20130106 Nightly.

Commit Message of
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56891/ says:

Quote:

aries-common: use KitKat zRAM setting
CM's compcache has been removed, so we need to migrate to KitKat's
mechanism. The value is set to 64 MB for now, which is approximately
equal to the old 18% setting.Change-Id: Ib780aed8c336cea5baf0f672e41179ef85790061

That's also what I see now, I had max. ZRAM compression and now AndroidSystem and SystemUi use slightly more memory than before.
So you can't adjust ZRAM compression for now I suppose
The Following User Says Thank You to hertzschi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hertzschi Ad-Free
6th January 2014, 08:38 PM |#1696  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugster

Does zram use gzip, or some other algorithm to compress?

Signature? Signature!

afaik, it use lzo
6th January 2014, 08:49 PM |#1697  
Flag Portalegre
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomekrk92

I tried it and.. it really works! With Bluetooth OFF notification bar animation is choppy for me, but with Bluetooth ON it immediately becomes smooth!

Tried that too and it works...Weird :-S
6th January 2014, 08:57 PM |#1698  
Flag Budakeszi
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by fran_xda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomekrk92

Umm, this is weird, but turning on bluetooth really makes the animation of swiping notifications faster. And it's not a placebo, I can confirm this.
6th January 2014, 09:13 PM |#1699  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palera

Tried that too and it works...Weird :-S

I does not make any difference here (all stock/0601 nightly)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuphus

I does not make any difference here (all stock/0601 nightly)

In both cases the phone is very smooth!

6th January 2014, 09:15 PM |#1700  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzschi

Commit Message of
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56891/ says:

That's also what I see now, I had max. ZRAM compression and now AndroidSystem and SystemUi use slightly more memory than before.
So you can't adjust ZRAM compression for now I suppose

But it looks like they also made this change:
"aries-common: increase zRAM to 128 MB

This gets compressed to ~40 MB on RAM and may provide benefits
to multitasking."

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56892/
6th January 2014, 09:43 PM |#1701  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawitp

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as the bug report since InCallUI is no longer its own package, but a part of Dialer (for reason only unknown to Googlers since the commit message references an internal bug number.)

For testing, I've compiled and attached a version of Dialer with the persistent flag, but it's not a very good idea because it will keep the Dialer (with call logs, etc.) always in the memory. Push it to /system/priv-app/ and reboot.

Okay so. I tested everything and I came into conclusion. com.android.service.incallui is definitly responsible for the delay. First boot first call 3 seconds delay(it looks like app is loading content for the first time) after the call process com.android.incallui stays running. Second call while this process running, almost no delay (looks like app is loading from ram). Process is still running, after opening some other programms it gets killed. Third call 3 seconds delay again. So it is definitly com.android.incallui not staying in ram problem. Loading times depend on what you do.
I tried your new Dialer.apk. Sure it keeps my dialer in memory but process com.android.incallui doesnt.
I hope you can find another way to keep this process in memory.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fatino Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)