3,928 posts
Thanks Meter: 21,366

By pawitp, Recognized Developer on 14th November 2013, 10:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2014, 08:19 AM |#2091  
Flag Spain
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Did anyone use Telegram app? I don't receive notifications about this app. It's installed in the internal mem, and in other phones, it works well with the same config.

Tapatalked from SGS CM 11

11th February 2014, 08:59 AM |#2092  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bangkok

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guijarrelson

I see this build cm-11-20140211-EXPERIMENTAL-ignorecolor-calibration-galaxysmtd.zip in the official download page. Did you see any notice about this test build?

It's a build which ignores the color calibration data not written properly in some Galaxy S devices (the original driver does not read them). What do you think about the effects on the color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakymod2120

Hi @pawitp...

i found this on CM-Homepage, maybe it could be helpful while getting "set_metadata_recursive":

Does not apply to our device where recovery cannot be upgraded separately. The instruction to deal with that error has been in the first post since forever
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 09:22 AM |#2093  
Flag Spain

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawitp

It's a build which ignores the color calibration data not written properly in some Galaxy S devices (the original driver does not read them). What do you think about the effects on the color?

In my device, color calibration works fine in the default setting. I can set all colours without problems. I don't have or I don't see any color bug in my screen.

Do you need any test in this experimental build?

Tell me, and I can do a easy test, if you want.
11th February 2014, 11:08 AM |#2094  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bangkok

More
Quote:

In my device, color calibration works fine in the default setting. I can set all colours without problems. I don't have or I don't see any color bug in my screen.

Do you need any test in this experimental build?

Tell me, and I can do a easy test, if you want.

If nothing looks different, then great.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 11:28 AM |#2095  
Flag Spain

More
Quote:

If nothing looks different, then great.

I am talking about of cm-11-20140210-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd.zip, not experimental build.

Sorry if my words can be interpreted wrongly.
11th February 2014, 11:37 AM |#2096  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bangkok

More
Quote:

I am talking about of cm-11-20140210-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd.zip, not experimental build.

Sorry if my words can be interpreted wrongly.

If you want to test, then flash the build to see if there's any negative effect. Color tuning will still work, but factory calibration setting will be ignored.
The Following User Says Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 12:06 PM |#2097  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

1) Bug report format
2) Logcat
3) Video of the issue

What is your--
Phone model: Galaxy S GT-i9000
Radio (baseband): I9000XXJVU
CM version: 11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3
CM Download url: OP link
Gapps version: OP link

Did you--
wipe: Yes*
restore with titanium backup: No
reboot after having the issue: Yes

Are you using--
a task killer: No
a non-stock kernel: No
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock): No
ART Runtime: No
other modifications: No

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

video of the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lY6UV1Yy7E

Not really apreciated in video, it is worse if you see in real. If bluetooth is on=choppy deploy of status bar/ bluetooth is off= smooth deploy. It only affects to status bar, other transitions and apps seem to be smooth in both cases. This has been happening since the first time I installed CM11 and in every nightly. Changing kernel to Semaphore haven't solved the issue either. Sometimes I get opposite behaviour (BT on=smooth/BT off=choppy), but never smooth in all situations.

*wipe: Although I actually haven't wipe before the installation of M3 I did in previous version (1-26th) and checked the issue rigth after flashing, without any settings or apps modified, the issue was exactly the same to the linked video.

Thanks for your effort.
Attached Files
File Type: txt btoff_bton_logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (62.3 KB, 9 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to fran_xda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fran_xda Ad-Free
11th February 2014, 12:51 PM |#2098  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bangkok

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fran_xda

What is your--
Phone model: Galaxy S GT-i9000
Radio (baseband): I9000XXJVU
CM version: 11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3
CM Download url: OP link
Gapps version: OP link

Did you--
wipe: Yes*
restore with titanium backup: No
reboot after having the issue: Yes

Are you using--
a task killer: No
a non-stock kernel: No
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock): No
ART Runtime: No
other modifications: No

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

video of the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lY6UV1Yy7E

Not really apreciated in video, it is worse if you see in real. If bluetooth is on=choppy deploy of status bar/ bluetooth is off= smooth deploy. It only affects to status bar, other transitions and apps seem to be smooth in both cases. This has been happening since the first time I installed CM11 and in every nightly. Changing kernel to Semaphore haven't solved the issue either. Sometimes I get opposite behaviour (BT on=smooth/BT off=choppy), but never smooth in all situations.

*wipe: Although I actually haven't wipe before the installation of M3 I did in previous version (1-26th) and checked the issue rigth after flashing, without any settings or apps modified, the issue was exactly the same to the linked video.

Thanks for your effort.

While I see the issue, I believe it is very minor but very hard to debug and won't be solving this issue. Of course, any other developer is free to solve it and submit a patch. A work around is to use your finger to drag the bar all the way down to open it and you won't notice the issue.

And starting from the 20140211 nightly, you have the option to force enable graphics acceleration for the status bar at the expense of RAM in Performance Settings.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 01:27 PM |#2099  
The Gulag
Thanks Meter: 127

More
@freakymod2120
I wiped my device including system.
Still having this pad issue as seen in the photo I my previous post.
11th February 2014, 05:40 PM |#2100  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

I have a noticeable yellowish tint with the experimental build. I'm not an expert at color calibration, so that might well be equivallent to my eyes accustomed to a blueish tint with the non experimental build

All I can say is that the experimental build is quite warmer than the non experimental build.

I take the opportunity to thank you so much for your continued work on our old beloved device

Ty,
--
RĂ©mi
11th February 2014, 10:24 PM |#2101  
Thanks Meter: 445

More
TThe screen gets noticable yellowish with the experimental build.

The kernel logo is at the beginning white.
Then it switches and the white text gets yellow.

Maybe it is possible to configure whether to load the color correction or not.
A file with 0 or 1, exists or not exists.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)