Thanks Meter: 21,366

By pawitp, Recognized Developer on 14th November 2013, 10:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd April 2014, 09:33 PM |#2591  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguinesaintly

What ROM did you come from? Did you do a full wipe before flashing if it wasn't from a previous nightly?

I came from the original stock rom. I did the dalvik cache wipe and so.
I installed the latest nightly. That had the issues. I thought it might be the problem of that nightly.
To make sure that was not the problem I went back to the latest Snapshot. That still kept the problems.
So I have no clue for now.

22nd April 2014, 11:53 PM |#2592  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PP1979NL

I came from the original stock rom. I did the dalvik cache wipe and so.
I installed the latest nightly. That had the issues. I thought it might be the problem of that nightly.
To make sure that was not the problem I went back to the latest Snapshot. That still kept the problems.
So I have no clue for now.

Did you turn on USB storage on your phone?
Without doing that, you wan't see the sdcards on your PC

Scroll down left part of your uppest status bar, you will see the option, click on it and turn on.

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7
23rd April 2014, 12:50 PM |#2593  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

Did you turn on USB storage on your phone?
Without doing that, you wan't see the sdcards on your PC

Scroll down left part of your uppest status bar, you will see the option, click on it and turn on.

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7

I did turn on the Mass storage on the phone. When I plug in the USB that screen appears.
Then i selected the option to add phone as storage device.

But that does not solve the problem. Still no disk appears in my Windows explorer.
23rd April 2014, 01:15 PM |#2594  
Thanks Meter: 73

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshbabushrestha

does anyone get process.system.ui force stop while trying to access the notification/quick settings via swiping downwards in status bar... coz i have this problem n it started few nightlies back

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxis

+1
I've got it from 13.04 nightly

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexzor

+1 on galaxys and nexus 5 but FC was continuing and i had to reboot

But cant reproduce it for a logcat

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmat

+1 I've been trying to get a logcat, but it seems to happen randomly, I can't reproduce it consistently. It seems to have come up for me after the M5 snapshot release.

What is your--
Phone model: GT-I9000
Radio (baseband): UGKG3
CM version: CM11 20140416
CM Download url: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=galaxysmtd
Gapps version: 20140105

Did you--
wipe: Came from full wipe
restore with titanium backup: no
reboot after having the issue: no

Are you using--
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: no
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock): stock
ART Runtime: no
other modifications: no

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed: As stated above, seems to happen randomly when I pulldown statusbar from lockscreen. Hope this helps, let me know if you need any other info. Thanks!

Coz of this problem i have switched back to CM11 Milestone 5 build and have experienced no problem so far... since im addicted to nightlies, jus wanna know if this problem has been soved in recent nightlies... sorry for offtopic post but any response is appretiated...
23rd April 2014, 08:10 PM |#2595  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshbabushrestha

Coz of this problem i have switched back to CM11 Milestone 5 build and have experienced no problem so far... since im addicted to nightlies, jus wanna know if this problem has been soved in recent nightlies... sorry for offtopic post but any response is appretiated...

+1 ... flashing nighties almost on a daily basis but... always coming back to M5
23rd April 2014, 08:58 PM |#2596  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunbury

+1 ... flashing nighties almost on a daily basis but... always coming back to M5

If you can reproduce the issue take a logcat and submit a bug report. The more information @pawitp has, the better he can work on fixing the issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to ryanmat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryanmat Ad-Free
25th April 2014, 05:56 AM |#2597  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 261

More
New phone
Hi all devs and friends... I have gone ahead and purchased a Nexus 5. Its an incredible phone and am enjoying it a lot. Needless to say, I had its bootloader unlocked, rooted, installed custom recovery and custom kernel within the first hour of getting it.

I still have my trusty SGS i9000 which I have filled up with games and given to my little daughter. I will now be sharing time between SGS and N5 forums now. Will never actually leave SGS forums I guess

Nevertheless, I thought this to be as appropriate a time as any to thank all the wonderful devs and friends here who help out each other and keep the SGS relevant even after more than 3 years... kudos to all!!!

PS: you will see this message in different threads... that is because I owe this to many devs and don't want to miss out thanking any of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to gverma1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gverma1 Ad-Free
25th April 2014, 01:52 PM |#2598  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Pawitp what you think about CMA kernel from didhiy???

25th April 2014, 02:03 PM |#2599  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 21,366

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtuga

Pawitp what you think about CMA kernel from didhiy???

AFAIK, everyone's using the CMA implementation I've released earlier, which is buggy in a lot of places. A different approach is required, but I'm not really interested in debugging/writing it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 02:09 PM |#2600  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawitp

AFAIK, everyone's using the CMA implementation I've released earlier, which is buggy in a lot of places. A different approach is required, but I'm not really interested in debugging/writing it.

Thanks you have done fantastic job

25th April 2014, 06:29 PM |#2601  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
The "system ui" fc bug has made my phone unusable.I get it 2-3 times a day now.it always happens when I try to pull down the notification bar while in another app. Don't have a logcat,only info I can give is that I m on stock kernel,low ram true,latest nightly. The notification bar is my best guess for the problem.hope it gets looked at soon.keep up the good work

sent from another Galaxy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mafster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mafster Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)