[Pixel 2XL][TESTING] Unofficial LineageOS 15.1 builds

Search This thread

RaymanFX

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs/Issues :
  • Mobile data seems to be broken
  • Project Fi eSim cards do not work
  • VoLTE/IMS not working
  • ...?

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Reboot
Downloads :
  • Builds : See below
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

I'm your Lineage maintainer for taimen aka Pixel 2 XL, but will share my builds here until we provide official builds.

WARNING: These are my personal testing builds. They include unmerged, work-in-progress stuff such as SuperUser, Privacy Guard, Google Play services etc. DO NOT FLASH 3RD PARTY GAPPS PACKAGES!

If you see a warning about vendor partition mismatch, you can ignore that in most cases, but before reporting issues you should be on the right version (without the warning).

### RELEASES ###
2018/01/11 - Android File Host
2018/01/13 - Android File Host
2018/01/19 - Android File Host

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Google Pixel 2 XL

Contributors
RaymanFX
Source Code: http://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-01-11
Last Updated 2018-02-19

kauemelhado

Nov 6, 2013
São Paulo
Any secrets or step-by-step on how to flash? The reason I ask this is due to the difference of Pixel 2 XL (partition A/B) in comparision to other devices.

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
yeah but i was wondering if lineage has their own form of Gapps

I would surmise from the instructions in the OP, and given the size of the download(573.42mb) that there will only be the minimum required to allow one to have Google play services, and play story. The rest you can download on your own. Again, this is my personal assumption.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Hey RaymanFX. First, thank you for sharing your personal build!! 2nd, I would assume this is NOT substratum compatible, correct? :cool:

GridironTrenches

Dec 6, 2012
this is awesome because one of my favorite things with past phones was waking up to a new cyanogen nightly to flash. i installed pure nexus with the 6p before lineage built a 6p rom but now it seems like lineage is first for the pixel 2 xl. yay

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
Hey RaymanFX. First, thank you for sharing your personal build!! 2nd, I would assume this is NOT substratum compatible, correct? :cool:
Unless he went out of his way to break OMS, yes substratum is supported. Consider LineageOS 15.1 to be the same as your stock ROM with respect to substratum compatibility, atleast for now.

Edit: Obviously don't report force closes from bad overlays as ROM bugs, duh.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Badger50

Staff member
Unless he went out of his way to break OMS, yes substratum is supported. Consider LineageOS 15.1 to be the same as your stock ROM with respect to substratum compatibility, atleast for now.

Edit: Obviously don't report force closes from bad overlays as ROM bugs, duh.

Much obliged my friend. Gonna fire it up here in a while since we're having an ice storm in Kansas City, and have no place to go! Thank You weather Gods :good::laugh:

Reactions: MSF Jarvis

ChoznJuan

Oct 17, 2010
Much obliged my friend. Gonna fire it up here in a while since we're having an ice storm in Kansas City, and have no place to go! Thank You weather Gods :good:[emoji23]
Would you be willing to post your initial experience? I plan to flash it when I get home this evening, but that is 10 hours from now, and I would love to live vicariously through someone. [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Badger50

Staff member
Would you be willing to post your initial experience? I plan to flash it when I get home this evening, but that is 10 hours from now, and I would love to live vicariously through someone. [emoji3]

Be happy to my friend. I was always the Guinea pig in PT school back in the day, so I'm used to it :good::good:

Reactions: ChoznJuan

TheNightman

Nov 8, 2016
Peachtree City
Moto G Play
**EDIT**
It's booting after a second flash. Not sure what happened, but after I reinstalled TWRP and installed the zip a second time, the ROM is booting. I'll update this post after I'm done with setup

Ignore this ============================================
Don't flash! Not booting! Wiped my TWRP!

Steps I took:
Boot to twrp
Format system, data and cache
Install zip
Reboot

What happened:
Stuck at google logo
Recovery is now stock

Guess I'm pulling my titanium backup and flashing system images
=====================================================

Last edited:

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
I'm more curious to see if the Active Edge feature works. I'll probably play with it this weekend; 12-hour Saturday shifts are pretty boring.

Awesome to see some good development paving the way; between Xposed and LOS, we're now on the right track! Thanks for sharing!

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

My recovery is back to stock

Having come from the OG PiXL, wiping system was a problem in the beginning and you always flashed TWRP after any zip, especially ROMs.

But good info to know!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs/Issues :
    • Mobile data seems to be broken
    • Project Fi eSim cards do not work
    • VoLTE/IMS not working
    • ...?

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    • Builds : See below
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

I'm your Lineage maintainer for taimen aka Pixel 2 XL, but will share my builds here until we provide official builds.

WARNING: These are my personal testing builds. They include unmerged, work-in-progress stuff such as SuperUser, Privacy Guard, Google Play services etc. DO NOT FLASH 3RD PARTY GAPPS PACKAGES!

If you see a warning about vendor partition mismatch, you can ignore that in most cases, but before reporting issues you should be on the right version (without the warning).

### RELEASES ###
    2018/01/11 - Android File Host
    2018/01/13 - Android File Host
    2018/01/19 - Android File Host

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Google Pixel 2 XL

Contributors
    RaymanFX
    Source Code: http://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-01-11
    Last Updated 2018-02-19
    Hey guys, new build is up (check the OP), mobile data is fixed and LTE is enabled.

Big thanks to surge for figuring that one out, it was easy to see where the issue came from with that information!
    The corresponding fixes are on Gerrit:
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/202338/ (netutils)
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/202337/ (LTE setting)

Please let me know of any additional issues and I will work on them to make sure the builds are solid before putting them on our servers at some point in the future.

One more thing - since I have been asked at least a thousand times now for walleye (smaller Pixel 2) support:
    I do not own one, so I cannot (and will not) support it. Someone else from our team has it, but everything from unofficial releases or maintenance is up to him.
    We coordinate our work, but that still does not mean I can provide builds (because if I would, I'd be left with a list of issues I cannot fix for obvious reasons).
    So if you want test builds now (same state as taimen), your options are 1) sending me a device 2) build it yourself :)
    You just guys could try the below commands in terminal

su (assuming lineage has it or an equivalent, try run-as with setcap to give it exec if not)

mount -o rw,remount /system (assuming lineage uses toybox)

Essentially all the prior steps are to get system remounted rw, I haven't used lineage and back when I used cm they used to do things similar to how we do on aosp, but since then they have diverged significantly, I tried to find the lineage build dir to find out for you guys but apparently they moved it to vendor for some ungodly reason, anyways the point is, get system remounted rw.

So to recap:

Code:
    su

mount  -o rw,remount /system

cd /system/bin

ln -s netutils-wrapper-1.0 ./ip-wrapper-1.0
    ln -s netutils-wrapper-1.0 ./ip6tables-wrapper-1.0
    ln -s netutils-wrapper-1.0 ./iptables-wrapper-1.0
    ln -s netutils-wrapper-1.0 ./ndc-wrapper-1.0
    ln -s netutils-wrapper-1.0 ./tc-wrapper-1.0

reboot

I keep saying this but again this all all assuming lineage hasn't blocked mounting block devices for shell via sepolicy, and that they have not enabled verity for system

But in any case try at your own peril.

Also if those files already exist MAKE SURE they are symlinks if not, remove them and run the commands again
    You just guys could try the below commands in terminal

su (assuming lineage has it or an equivalent, try run-as with setcap to give it exec if not)

mount -o rw,remount /system (assuming lineage uses toybox)

Essentially all the prior steps are to get system remounted rw, I haven't used lineage and back when I used cm they used to do things similar to how we do on aosp, but since then they have diverged significantly, I tried to find the lineage build dir to find out for you guys but apparently they moved it to vendor for some ungodly reason, anyways the point is, get system remounted rw.

So to recap:

Code:
    su

mount  -o rw,remount /system

cd /system/bin

reboot

I keep saying this but again this all all assuming lineage hasn't blocked mounting block devices for shell via sepolicy, and that they have not enabled verity for system

But in any case try at your own peril.

Also if those files already exist MAKE SURE they are symlinks if not, remove them and run the commands again

Well @RaymanFX I can say that @Surge1223 instructions works perfectly! He figured out the Mobile Data issues for you hahah trying out the ROM now! Those that had mobile data issues.. just flash the ROM as usual then do the root commands for SU:

adb root && adb remount (this will tell you that you need to disable verity so go to next command)

adb disable-verity
    adb reboot
    adb root && adb remount
    adb shell chmod +x /system/xbin/su
    adb remount all
    adb shell

Then run all of surges commands one line at a time:

cd /system/bin

also give @Surge1223 a thanks if he helped you out!
    Don't flash! Not booting! Wiped my TWRP!

Steps I took:
    Boot to twrp
    Format system, data and cache
    Install zip
    Reboot

What happened:
    Stuck at google logo
    Recovery is now stock

Guess I'm pulling my titanium backup and flashing system images

Do you even understand how your own device works?
    A/B devices don't have a recovery partition anymore, it lives in the boot partition now, so YES, of course flashing another boot.img will wipe your TWRP.

Which vendor image do you have currently?
    Be aware that if you flash this zip, it will install Lineage to the slot on your device that was *inactive* before, so it might have old stuff there that is not 8.1.

I'd recommend you flash the stock Google 8.1 factory image before flashing this.

My device boots just fine, so this has to be an error on your side I'm afraid :)

I'm more curious to see if the Active Edge feature works.

Active Edge is not integrated just yet, it requires more work on our side.