Josh's Manilla2D/M2DLight/WinterRom/DarkWinter2/SpringTime ~Retired~

Search This thread

vp3G

Mar 5, 2007
Flyover Country
V15 Colored 2G

Pardon the seemingly stupid question, but am I overlooking the link to V15 Colored 2G? This old chef would like to sample his successor's tasty fresh wares... :D

BTW, shame that the Hermes WM6 Cooked ROMs wiki has been abandoned... it was once a great resource. :(

StefanHou

Jun 30, 2008
Yes, that's what we're waiting for from Josh and Abs. Am sure this will be the best ROM we get...Good luck, can't wait to try one....:rolleyes:

Evilscientist

Apr 2, 2008
21109 Darkwinter2 lite

Josh:

I'll admit....being a little lazy in not checking EVERY page of this thread..but...

1. I tried DL'ing your 21109 full from Page 1 (Full, 3G) - downloads a 25 MB 7zip file - that cannot be opened as an archive by 7-zip. Am I missing something here or is the link corrupt?

2. Is there a convenient link for the lite version?

Thanks in advance.

Evil.

irisiris

Mar 16, 2007
Review Josh 21189 wm 6.5 ROM on JasJam

First of All congrats to Josh on release on this ROM and for the upcoming 21195 ROM as well.

Here is my review about 21189 ROM.

Device: Imate JasJam
Radio: 1.54.30.10

Operating system used for flashing: Windows Vista home premium
Flash method : Through USB cable

It did flashed without a problem. All pop ups are VGA but one can drag few of the pop up to read.Not a big issue.

Things working in this ROM

Internet usage methods like Wifi, GPRS, EDGE, USB cable....Working
Facebook 0.14 native application...working
Youtube cooked with ROM..does not work (gives certificate error..i did disable certificate checking but didnt help..solution is to install separately cab of official HTC youtube cab which works)

windows live mail and messenger works.
Email system works incoming + outgoing no SMTP issues.
Skyscape softwares work
TCMP 0.82 works
Icontact works
yahoo GO works.
HTC audio manager works
HTC album works
office 2007 works
SMS messaging threaded works
Device update works.
Camera works
google maps works

The internet explorer works and its like a feature copy of opera 9.5 beta. First i thought i was using opera 9.5 but then i checked again its new IE for mobile.

Memory usage:
Storage memory : 53.88MB
In use after first installation : 4MB (after software install its 24MB)

Program memory:
Total 49.10MB
In use 33.53 after installation of all software listed above

HoneyComb works without problem
Signal Bar : normal as were with RevRom 7 and Imate official wm 6.0 telstra Rom

The Ringtones problem exists after first flash and HARDreset. It will not allow one to choose ringtone and will call it corrupt.It can be fixed. SImply open file explorer and transfer from you pc any ringtones to the Application data/sounds folder. OR.. copy paste wav files from windows folder to Application data/sounds folder. Now go to sounds and notifications and you can select those copied ringtones.

Slide to Lock and Unlock works.

Last edited:

al8525wu

May 2, 2007
Configuring Microsoft Exchange Server

I just flashed V15 last night/early morning till 2:30am and it looks great and everything seems to work so far.

The only thing I'm having problem with is setting up the Microsoft Exchange Server. It won't recognize the certificate and won't connect. I'm using Azim's Exchange Server for Push email.

Anyone encounter this issue?

Great ROM, it's been awhile since I've upgraded and it's great to be back!

Add: I think my issue is getting the Certificate to be recognized by the Exchange Server. Anyone else set up Push Email or connecting to an Exchange Server in general?

Last edited:

mossburg44

Aug 31, 2007
Overall great ROM (21189 W6.5)but one of the things im noticing is that sometime i have sound and other times i dont, especially going from vibrate mode back to the on setting.....no ring or text msg notification sound but when i test them they work fine

irisiris

Mar 16, 2007
21189 update

Well there is some beta problem it seems .. the program memory doesnt go back to original capacity once programs are closed ..it piles up somehow and goes down to 7MB even at what time restart needs to be done to run most of the programs..

So memory is a big issue here..

ferretlife

Nov 27, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Camera

Camera not working here.

I get that about 50% of the time I flash a new ROM. Seems to be a Hermes/8525 problem, not one with the ROM's themselves. sometimes I can get it back by leaving the battery out for a few hours, sometimes comes back on its own. Sometimes not until the next flash. Sometimes when it does come back, it has a reddish/pinkish hue, then will comeback normal. Sometimes it doesn't.

Many posts on this forum about the Hermes camera. My biggest peeve about this phone. Someday I will buck up for the 8925/Tilt.;)

I also seem to have a battery issue when I flash a ROM. It seems I have to condition the battery (full charge/full drain) a few times. Otherwise I only get a half day of battery life on a new battery. Once conditioned, I get about a day and a half or so.

MystaMagoo

Nov 15, 2008
www.teamagoo.uk
Only has ever happend with this 6.5 rom for me.
Screen is all random pixelation and when a picture is taken it comes out gray.

No biggy :)
Damn it's fast though,cannot wait for next build :D

Top draw Josh & TAI.

METALWORKS™

Mar 18, 2009
hey guys, i've been trying to extract these two roms, but i found out that it was curropted, could anyone re-up these roms to a different server such as rapidshare or else..? thanks.

here's when i extract the roms:
jtbac2.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The best ROM i installed on my Hermes ... i tried all kind of romz - WM6.1 pro, WM6.5, WM6.5 Titanium Edition, and still when i tried your rom, i whas amazed how fast he is and will stay on it - i love home menu on WM6.5 but the fast phone is better then half bricked phone + your today screen is so easy to use ;)
    Really good work josh and yes, i see the date of this thread ;) but your work will live for many years more :)

If you need hosting server for your files and your work, i will create for you a FTP account with unlimited download speed - i work with hosting servers :)

Regards!
    The best ROM i installed on my Hermes ... i tried all kind of romz - WM6.1 pro, WM6.5, WM6.5 Titanium Edition, and still when i tried your rom, i whas amazed how fast he is and will stay on it - i love home menu on WM6.5 but the fast phone is better then half bricked phone + your today screen is so easy to use ;)
    Really good work josh and yes, i see the date of this thread ;) but your work will live for many years more :)

If you need hosting server for your files and your work, i will create for you a FTP account with unlimited download speed - i work with hosting servers :)

Regards!

lol thanks man, :good:

DarkWinter_Full2g.rar - 39.31 MB -

V15_DarkWinter2_2G.7z - 52.83 MB -

M2D_Light_2G_plain.7z - 45.84 MB -

M2D_Light_3G_plain.7z - 45.72 MB -

V15_M2D_Colored_3G.7z - 15.13 MB - (think it's corrupt but hey, here's the link)

V15_M2D_Plain_3G.7z - 55.76 MB -

all hosted on xda ftp, won't be going anywhere!