599 posts
Thanks Meter: 669

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th January 2013, 07:04 AM |#381  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Tasker Auto Mode at Exit Task
I'm trying to create a Tasker profile where Lux enables full brightness when certain apps are being used (gallery, camera and video player apps).

I have assigned an exit task that sets Lux in Auto Dynamic Mode after you exit the app. The profile works and sets the display to full brightness but when it reverts to Auto Mode, the setting is indeed set to Auto Mode but the display brightness remains at 100%. This is probably because the Auto Mode is "Adjust on Wake Only" at this point. If you turn the phone off and on, the display reverts to auto dynamic mode. Also, if you load the dashboard, the auto dynamic mode is also set.

What I have done as a workaround is to set a second exit task to load the app and this automatically sets the auto dynamic mode but I'd rather that the mode adjustment be achieved in the background.

Can you provide a feature in the plugin so that there are options which type of auto mode is activated? I suspect that currently, it is set to "Adjust on Wake" only.

I am on CM10.1 and Franco's kernel on a Nexus 4.

30th January 2013, 06:10 PM |#382  
Thanks Meter: 388

More
l recently purchased LUX for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

Having some issues with the dynamic brightness.

But even though the lowest possible brightness is set to -90, LUX will not dynamically adjust the brightness below ~35% .

I have to press on the dashboard before it will automatically read ~1LUX and adjust to a lower brightness.

The Dynamic Brightness will automatically adjust between ~35% to 100%, without the need to call up the dashboard, but ~35% is as low as it'll go.

If you go to a dark room, the brightness will bottom out at ~35%. But if you call up the Dashboard, it then automatically does a LUX reading and finds ~1 LUX and adjusts the brightness to ~1%.

But it's rather inconvenient to have to call up the Dashboard before the correct dynamic adjustment is made.

Please advise

Environment:
Note 10.1
Android ICS 4.0.4
LUX: Light Senor, Dynamic, Link Presents (at default)
30th January 2013, 07:14 PM |#383  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 196

More
I've purchased Lux (full version) and have had a weird situation crop up a few times. I admit I didn't read every page of this thread, so I apologize if this has been discussed before. I searched for "responding" and didn't get any related hit. I've been reading the last 10 pages or so and didn't see this reported either.

I'm on CleanRom 4.x on my GSN2, Lux set to default settings. There have been a few instances where Lux seems to go to full brightness, even when I'm in a low light condition. I'll hit the 'refresh' button and Lux will hang with the "reading" message... If/when it finally responds, it'll go to 100% brightness and 3000 lx. I can disable it in settings and use the phone's native brightness controls with no problem, however when i reenable Lux it will go back to the 100% brightness & 3000 lx.

The only way I've been able to get it to work normally again, is to reboot the phone.

Any advice from anyone?

Thanks!
3rd February 2013, 04:00 AM |#384  
Flag Greenville, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 498

More
Just bought Lux (paid) on US Cellular Motorola Electrify (sunfire). Making it a system app fails. I'm kinda handy with Android (as a user, not a dev), can I just move it from \data\app to \system\app and set the permissions to rw-,r--,r--, and reboot? I've already given it superuser access, not sure if that changes when moving it. It says I don't have space in \system\app and I'm sure that's not right.

Also, thanks for such a cool app. I've used CyanogenMod 7, and they have a "render mode" that I really like called "Night mode 3700K". It doesn't draw a shade over the screen, I don't believe; it actually changes how the whole thing is drawn. And it has a ton of other options like monochrome and stuff. It's an official CM7 release, I believe; unfortunately, though, the ICS/JB ROMs have nothing like it, and our CM9/CM10/AOKP dev has never even heard of the options. The 3700K render mode is ideal since it works at a system level and doesn't enhance, as much as change... but Lux seems to be the closest I can get in Android 4, and I definitely appreciate it.
3rd February 2013, 04:25 AM |#385  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Thanks Meter: 2,290

Donate to Me
More
Re: [APP][Official][2.1+] Lux Auto Brightness 0.76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Reality

Just bought Lux (paid) on US Cellular Motorola Electrify (sunfire). Making it a system app fails. I'm kinda handy with Android (as a user, not a dev), can I just move it from \data\app to \system\app and set the permissions to rw-,r--,r--, and reboot? I've already given it superuser access, not sure if that changes when moving it. It says I don't have space in \system\app and I'm sure that's not right.

Yes, you could but it isn't necessary. The next version will remove that anyway.

---
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't... (via Tapatalk)
3rd February 2013, 06:05 AM |#386  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Andriod version 4.1.2
Lux (paid version) use 48% battery
What can I do?
Thank You~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-03-12-49-12.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1699654  
3rd February 2013, 06:55 AM |#387  
Flag Greenville, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 498

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislui

Andriod version 4.1.2
What can I do?
Thank You~

Not the dev, but it seems to me that your phone was only idle 2% of the time, so your screen was on 98% of the time. Thus, Lux was running all that time. My idle is at 46%, and Lux doesn't even rate, but my screen shows up at 14%. It sounds like you pulled your phone off the charger and have been using it heavy for over 2 hours. Whatever you're doing will show up on the battery stats, plus Lux which is always running. If you weren't actively using your phone that whole time, your Lux usage would go down (percentage wise).

You could stop Lux, but you'd lose the benefit it offers. Still, it's supposed to reduce your battery usage, not increase it. Hope you get the answers you're looking for.
3rd February 2013, 11:17 AM |#388  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtan99

I'm trying to create a Tasker profile where Lux enables full brightness when certain apps are being used (gallery, camera and video player apps).

I have assigned an exit task that sets Lux in Auto Dynamic Mode after you exit the app. The profile works and sets the display to full brightness but when it reverts to Auto Mode, the setting is indeed set to Auto Mode but the display brightness remains at 100%. This is probably because the Auto Mode is "Adjust on Wake Only" at this point. If you turn the phone off and on, the display reverts to auto dynamic mode. Also, if you load the dashboard, the auto dynamic mode is also set.

What I have done as a workaround is to set a second exit task to load the app and this automatically sets the auto dynamic mode but I'd rather that the mode adjustment be achieved in the background.

Can you provide a feature in the plugin so that there are options which type of auto mode is activated? I suspect that currently, it is set to "Adjust on Wake" only.

I am on CM10.1 and Franco's kernel on a Nexus 4.

This is a bug, it should revert back to the last automatic mode used. I believe this has been fixed for the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klau1

l recently purchased LUX for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

Having some issues with the dynamic brightness.

But even though the lowest possible brightness is set to -90, LUX will not dynamically adjust the brightness below ~35% .

I have to press on the dashboard before it will automatically read ~1LUX and adjust to a lower brightness.

The Dynamic Brightness will automatically adjust between ~35% to 100%, without the need to call up the dashboard, but ~35% is as low as it'll go.

If you go to a dark room, the brightness will bottom out at ~35%. But if you call up the Dashboard, it then automatically does a LUX reading and finds ~1 LUX and adjusts the brightness to ~1%.

But it's rather inconvenient to have to call up the Dashboard before the correct dynamic adjustment is made.

Please advise

Environment:
Note 10.1
Android ICS 4.0.4
LUX: Light Senor, Dynamic, Link Presents (at default)

Interesting. I'll investigate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalh

I've purchased Lux (full version) and have had a weird situation crop up a few times. I admit I didn't read every page of this thread, so I apologize if this has been discussed before. I searched for "responding" and didn't get any related hit. I've been reading the last 10 pages or so and didn't see this reported either.

I'm on CleanRom 4.x on my GSN2, Lux set to default settings. There have been a few instances where Lux seems to go to full brightness, even when I'm in a low light condition. I'll hit the 'refresh' button and Lux will hang with the "reading" message... If/when it finally responds, it'll go to 100% brightness and 3000 lx. I can disable it in settings and use the phone's native brightness controls with no problem, however when i reenable Lux it will go back to the 100% brightness & 3000 lx.

The only way I've been able to get it to work normally again, is to reboot the phone.

Any advice from anyone?

Thanks!

Sound like your sensor isn't returning a value, so Lux is defaulting to 100%. Try setting your phone to use dynamic or ascending mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislui

Andriod version 4.1.2
What can I do?
Thank You~

That doesn't seem right. What phone and ROM are you using?
3rd February 2013, 11:43 AM |#389  
OP Senior Member

More
Free version of Lux has been brought up to speed. You can download it here. It's currently in beta. Please report any bugs. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 04:29 PM |#390  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Lux beta doesn't autostart on reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
6th February 2013, 04:31 PM |#391  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417

Donate to Me
More