FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 669
 
By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th July 2013, 10:55 AM |#781  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

The latest beta reduces this significantly.

Thanks for the new release, on my device, Lux still has a high count in wakelocks, but spends far less time awake now, so that's good .

And I really love the auto profile changing, though it seems to only work when auto sunset location is turned on? I had it on, and last night while it was using the night profile, I unticked auto sunset location, and it went back to day profile. Not that it's a problem having it on, I just figured if the latitude and longitude were filled in, it didn't have to check.
 
 
27th July 2013, 11:00 AM |#782  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibsen

Thanks for the new release, on my device, Lux still has a high count in wakelocks, but spends far less time awake now, so that's good .

And I really love the auto profile changing, though it seems to only work when auto sunset location is turned on? I had it on, and last night while it was using the night profile, I unticked auto sunset location, and it went back to day profile. Not that it's a problem having it on, I just figured if the latitude and longitude were filled in, it didn't have to check.

Manual location is buggy. The fix is undergoing beta testing atm.
27th July 2013, 04:27 PM |#783  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tk-

I'm not really good with this, so I asked in the kernel thread. Here's the answer I got:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...age=2509#25086

It mentions the following file:
https://github.com/dorimanx/initramf...lor_to_default


Is this what you needed?

Try this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...uginForLux.apk

It will break backlight adjustment for sure, but check that subzero/astro/night stuff works. This is 100% untested (I don't have a Galaxy S2), so I suggest having a backup of your data just in case. I'm not responsible if this causes any problems. Use at your own risk.
27th July 2013, 05:09 PM |#784  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Try this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...uginForLux.apk

It will break backlight adjustment for sure, but check that subzero/astro/night stuff works. This is 100% untested (I don't have a Galaxy S2), so I suggest having a backup of your data just in case. I'm not responsible if this causes any problems. Use at your own risk.

It does not work: Lux still uses the normal red overlay. It also gives a notification that the plugin is incompatible.
27th July 2013, 05:13 PM |#785  
Christiancs1969's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417
 
Donate to Me
More
Install ok. Sub zero working. astro mode ok working.
Get incompatible notification.....backlight working. ?here ok
s2..rootbox
27th July 2013, 05:19 PM |#786  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tk-

It does not work: Lux still uses the normal red overlay. It also gives a notification that the plugin is incompatible.

Can you get me a screenshot of your 'About phone' section of Android settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiancs1969

Install ok. Sub zero working. astro mode ok working.

s2..rootbox

Did astro mode look like this?
27th July 2013, 05:23 PM |#787  
Christiancs1969's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417
 
Donate to Me
More
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1374942222299.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	2146963

s2..rootbox
27th July 2013, 05:26 PM |#788  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiancs1969

Attachment 2146963

s2..rootbox

If you could get me a screenshot of your 'About phone' page in Android settings that'd help me.
27th July 2013, 05:28 PM |#789  
Christiancs1969's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417
 
Donate to Me
More
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1374942458735.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	2146975Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1374942471964.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	2146978Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1374942504198.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	2146979
Alt overlay off
s2..rootbox
27th July 2013, 05:38 PM |#790  
Cyb3rGlitch's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Okay, re-download the plugin (same link) and try again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
27th July 2013, 05:52 PM |#791  
Christiancs1969's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417
 
Donate to Me
More
Looks like your pic now...pic won't come out in screenshot
Sub zero not working..nor normal adjustment...astro great
s2..rootbox
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes