599 posts
Thanks Meter: 669

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th August 2013, 06:12 AM |#871  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 330

More
Any chance of plug in support for 2013 nexus 7, gs3/4, or other devices in general...for those of us not proficient in writing code/making apks. I checked out page on making plug-ins and it all went straight over my head to be completely honest, haha.

Awesome app though, definitely a large improvement over stock and night mode makes a huge differece.

6th August 2013, 06:26 AM |#872  
OP Senior Member

More
At this point I'm relying on others to write plug-ins. The reason I'm hesitant is that I simply cannot test for quality if I don't own the device in question. Maybe I'll have to start an IndieGoGo campaign to fund new devices to develop plug-ins. Either way, I'm in the middle of finishing my thesis, so I have very little spare time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
6th August 2013, 10:11 AM |#873  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibsen

Sounds good, I hope this will fix the issue I have been having the past week as well -- I have lux set to adjust on wake, but in the evening, it randomly fades up to high brightness and back down the the level it should be at. Sometimes it does it 2-3 times in a row.

I haven't figured out what triggers it, but when you are looking at the screen in a dark room it is uncomfortable when it turns bright.

I must shamefully admit I think I figured out what was causing this . While trying to work out the auto profile issue, I must have enabled the system auto brightness at some point, and apparently that combined with Lux caused the brightness to fade up and down. At least, I turned it off and rebooted my phone, and Lux has been working well since then .
6th August 2013, 11:10 AM |#874  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi there,

anyone else have an issue where night mode comes on correctly and gradually, but it never comes back to daytime the next morning? I have to manually turn off/on night mode for daytime colours to come back.

Running 4.2.2 Stock HTC One

Thanks!
6th August 2013, 12:51 PM |#875  
Flag Poland
Thanks Meter: 807

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Looks like the text is too large in that translation. I'll see if I can get a translator to fix it.

Thx for the reply.
If I can suggest something you can change "Używaj profilu" to "Profil". People using polish version of your app will not exactly what you mean.
Of course I don't want to mess with your translator

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9100 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
6th August 2013, 01:42 PM |#876  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangagat

hi there,

anyone else have an issue where night mode comes on correctly and gradually, but it never comes back to daytime the next morning? I have to manually turn off/on night mode for daytime colours to come back.

Running 4.2.2 Stock HTC One

Thanks!

Are you using manual or auto location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitoski

Thx for the reply.
If I can suggest something you can change "Używaj profilu" to "Profil". People using polish version of your app will not exactly what you mean.
Of course I don't want to mess with your translator

Feel free to overwrite what they've done.
6th August 2013, 03:18 PM |#877  
Flag Poland
Thanks Meter: 807

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Are you using manual or auto location?

Feel free to overwrite what they've done.

Is there any file I can make changes on our should I PM you with any suggestions I have?

6th August 2013, 06:19 PM |#878  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Stock brightness on Galaxy S4 is dynamic, right?
6th August 2013, 06:22 PM |#879  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitoski

Is there any file I can make changes on our should I PM you with any suggestions I have?

Make changes here:
http://crowdin.net/project/lux-auto-brightness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS050377

Stock brightness on Galaxy S4 is dynamic, right?

Pretty much.
7th August 2013, 12:38 AM |#880  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
@RS050377

Stock auto brightness on the S4 (and S2 on JB/probably S3 as well) is a hybrid between incremental and dynamic.
If the device is in horizontal position its behavior is dynamic, in vertical incremental.

Sounds strange, but that retarded behavior actually is the reason I use Lux.
7th August 2013, 09:12 AM |#881  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Does "dynamic" setting use more battery then "on wake" because of the light sensor is more on?

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)