FORUMS

The Official XDA Support thread for Android Phones (Updated)

2,333 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,702

By samuel2706, Inactive Recognized Developer on 17th August 2011, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2012, 03:46 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi. I'm new here. I want to root my galaxy tab 7.0+. Is anyone here can tell me where to find suitable root toolkit? I want to learn a few thing about android. your help is appreciated.
20th February 2012, 02:30 AM |#502  
Flag Isabela
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Rooted Evo 4G Not uploading photos w/facebook htc sense
Hello; I've searched throughout this site, to see if I could find a problem like mine, but I've not found anything. I'll try to be as clear as I can... If I miss something, please let me know any information you require, in order to address the issue(s) I am experiencing.

I have an HTC Evo 4G, rooted with the stock rom. Only thing I wanted to do was delete some bloatware. Last time I did this, I deleted the Facebook for Android app, (but I broke the screen, had to unroot, and put the stock rom back to stock issue, so Sprint would not give me a hassle when doing the $36 screen repair), this time, I could not find the same program, (due to my not remembering what it was, now I remember, it was Root Manager) and used a different one this time, root explorer. So, I inadvertently I deleted not only facebook, but facebook for htc sense. I appartenly missed something, or deleted an additional, dependent file, because after re-installing facebook for htc sense, and setting up permissions, re-syncing all my contacts with it... no problems, except when I try to upload a photo... it gives me the message: "the application; Facebook for HTC Sense (process com.htc.socialnetwork.facebook) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". With the only option to "force close" the program.

I have cleared cache, via Droid Cleaner (deep clean, and reboot). and the problem remains.

Anyone have any ideas on what file may be missing, or what steps I can take to resolve this issue? I'd rather NOT have to download the Android app for Facebook... Thanks, in advance, for any helpful comments or suggestions!

Mac- (in sunny downtown Guayama, PRI)
23rd February 2012, 11:03 AM |#503  

More
Question Need help rooting ZTE n762
HI! I am new her as well and would like to know if there is any info out there on how to root the ZTE N762.

I installed the ZTE drivers so the computer can communicate with the cell properly and that part works.

I tried superoneclick 2.3.3 and 2.3.1 and they don't work. 2.3.3 stops at step 7 (and many others have the same experience). I tried 2.3.1 but stoped as well.

Is there anything else as a one click that I can try.

Paul
24th February 2012, 05:51 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Question IHO Purity X Problems please help
I finaly got up the courage to install a MOD on my LG VM670 useing Rom Manager recovery. So I istalled the IHO Purity X by EmuZombie and know I have a boot problem or a brick. This is what it is doing when the power is turned on it shows the LG logo first then goes to the IHO logo then to the matrix theam I installed and after about 1 minute of the scrolling text and chacters the system seams to freeze. I have tried the power on with the volume up button combanations and a few more but the same thing keeps happening.

I hope I am posting this in the right place I am new to this.
Thanks
25th February 2012, 05:40 PM |#505  
Flag South Shields

More
cool thanks for this
26th February 2012, 03:11 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHammon

I finaly got up the courage to install a MOD on my LG VM670 useing Rom Manager recovery. So I istalled the IHO Purity X by EmuZombie and know I have a boot problem or a brick. This is what it is doing when the power is turned on it shows the LG logo first then goes to the IHO logo then to the matrix theam I installed and after about 1 minute of the scrolling text and chacters the system seams to freeze. I have tried the power on with the volume up button combanations and a few more but the same thing keeps happening.

I hope I am posting this in the right place I am new to this.
Thanks

Follow Up
Now it is two days later and I fixed the freeze at the antamated boot logo of the matrix theam. And I did that with rom manager to install Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery that I found at this site. Used the LG style recovery under the advanced page, that got rid of the matrix theam but now I have a new problem. I flashed the rom with IHO purity and all seam to be right with the world. Nope now every time I reboot or shut down the LG recovey pops up istead of Xionia recovery and returns the system back to IHO puritys defult settings. I haven't been able to reistall rom managers recovery it eather FCs or reports no root as do other apps so do and some don't. I am able to get to root with the file manager. So I guess I am in another loop. The wifi won't connect and stay connected any more so downloading anything is slow across the 3g more like 0.05g. I will start searching this site again and try to find the help I need.
27th February 2012, 11:53 AM |#507  

More
failure to unlock my phonw
I followed insructions to unlock my Omnia 7. (the system has upgraded to 7.10.8107.79)

I went to a website to download breakwindows.xml document.

then type ##634#
a new window jump up. I type *#9908#

the choose Suwon 3G Test Bed.

It does not help me to break my phone, even block my internet setting.

Anyone else can help me to unlock my phone?
28th February 2012, 12:52 PM |#508  

More
thank for this
28th February 2012, 03:56 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 567

Donate to Me
More
Signed my ROM - still getting E:sig errors in CWM.
As the subject line states: I've signed (successfully?) my custom ROM zip file using various programs/methods. Each of them claims a successful signed zip at the end. However, when I try applying my ROM via CWM, I get the standard E:sig verification failed error msg. (Of course, disabling the verification check in CWM allows my ROM to be installed, error-free).

Yes, I've been through all the signing tutorials (that I could find) on this board. A couple were quite useful, but all they did was confirm I was doing the procedure correctly.

Here's a bit of background on my ROM:

It's actually a collection of 4 types of APKs:
  • some stock, Sense stuff... presumably signed by HTC
  • some 3rd party (Market) APKs... presumably signed by the appropriate author
  • some of my own APKs (signed by me, with my own SSL key)
  • some of my own APKs (not signed at all)

I give you this info because I think this is where the problem might be.

Is it possible to sign a ROM file only at the ZIP level (and thereby encompass all the APKs within it)?

If not, do I have to go inside the ROM and sign each APK individually? Do I need to sign them all, or only those that have changed? And which key do I sign it with? (mine? generic test?) Is there ever a scenario where I have to remove/replace an existing signature from an APK with my own signature? Do I need to remove any existing META-INF folders before attempting to sign anything?

These are the questions to which I could find no answers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Anthony
29th February 2012, 05:25 PM |#510  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Talking root/rom mytouch 3G
Newb.. Wow, alot of info to absorb on this site! Overwhelming.
I cant seem to find a definitive guide or how-to on the rooting and romming (is that a word?) of the mytouch 3G (non-slider).
It seems as though there are a ton of different ways and many dont work.
Any help in the right direction much appreciated :)
Not sure if I should go cm6 or cm7 THanks..

info:
android 2.2.1
kernel 2.6.32.9
mytouch 3G (bar)
32A S-On
Hboot 1.33.0013
radio 2.22.28.25
oct 2009
1st March 2012, 01:05 AM |#511  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag South of Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 4,683

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wogeboy

Newb.. Wow, alot of info to absorb on this site! Overwhelming.
I cant seem to find a definitive guide or how-to on the rooting and romming (is that a word?) of the mytouch 3G (non-slider).
It seems as though there are a ton of different ways and many dont work.
Any help in the right direction much appreciated :)
Not sure if I should go cm6 or cm7 THanks..

info:
android 2.2.1
kernel 2.6.32.9
mytouch 3G (bar)
32A S-On
Hboot 1.33.0013
radio 2.22.28.25
oct 2009

Have you looked here?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, developer, irc, questions, support