FORUMS

The Official XDA Support thread for Android Phones (Updated)

2,333 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,702
 
By samuel2706, Inactive Recognized Developer on 17th August 2011, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th February 2020, 06:22 AM |#821  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Well you could download the droid hardware app and look the exact hard like chipset and screen resolution and processor then do a google search with the header android devices that use my hardware and see which ones have a twrp already made. If your lucky you might find one of same brand. Either way when you do grab it then run over to xda again and read how to port twrp with out source code. If the twrp you find is of a higher android build i wouldnt worry to much since youll be swapping out its split image for yours. Just make note that mtk images are a lil different and need some extra attention
The Following User Says Thank You to Duhjoker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Duhjoker Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 08:42 AM |#822  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhjoker

Well you could download the droid hardware app and look the exact hard like chipset and screen resolution and processor then do a google search with the header android devices that use my hardware and see which ones have a twrp already made. If your lucky you might find one of same brand. Either way when you do grab it then run over to xda again and read how to port twrp with out source code. If the twrp you find is of a higher android build i wouldnt worry to much since youll be swapping out its split image for yours. Just make note that mtk images are a lil different and need some extra attention

Thank you, i'll try it this way!
9th February 2020, 09:02 PM |#823  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Have you been able to unlock the bootloader? With out that all your resrarch and work will be gor naught. And just because its older doesnt mean it will be easier. I had an old lg something or other a while back that i could root using a one click like king root but the bootloader could not not be unlocked. With out that i couldnt flash with out using an lg flash program.
15th February 2020, 12:06 AM |#824  
Junior Member
Flag BIRMINGHAM
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
KT107 android system repair.
Hi I am new to the site and signed up cause I could find what I am looking for anywhere or I am not sure about what to search for. I brought a tablet from China and I have had problems with it I start games and a few minutes later they crash I did all the normal stuff clear the cache,uninstall and reinstall, and restart the device. I tried to clear the cache for the android system webview but in doesn't show in my system apps and if I Google it it says it installed but in play store says its not compatible with my device. So now I figure I just need to redo the software on this thing but not sure about what firmware or twrp file I need. I did a spec thing so y'all can have all the info you neededbut


Manufacturer: alps
Model: ZL10
Android: 8.0; eng.user001.1575447758; SDK19
KERNEL: Linux version 3.4.67 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 25 10:15:54 CST 2019
CODENAME: REL
Mainboard: ZL10
BRAND: ZL10
CPU_ABI: armeabi-v7a
CPU_ABI2: armeabi
DEVICE: ZL10
DISPLAY: ALPS.KK1.MP1.V2.36
FINGERPRINT: alps/b906_800x1280/b906_800x1280:4.4.2/KOT49H/1575447758:user/test-keys
HARDWARE: mt6582
ID: KOT49H
TAGS: test-keys
Display: 1280 x 800; DPI: 240; Evaluated Size: 6.3"
Touch Screen: Multitouch 5 points
GPU: Mali-400 MP; ARM; OpenGL ES-CM 1.1; OpenGL ES 2.0
22nd March 2020, 11:51 PM |#825  
Senior Member
Flag Panama City FL.
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Help with temp root or unlocking for MTK/Huawei device needed.
I have a Huawei MediaPad T3_7 (BG2-W09) that I can't seem to unlock or get root access on. It is a secure boot device and can't get anything past SP Flash Tool without *.auth file or DA which I have not found anywhere. MT8127 chipset not vulnerable to mtk-su as it's 32-bit and the one clickers such as Kingoroot and all others I am aware of fail. DC-Phoenix used to flash with locked BL but new versions won't do it and can't run old version now without update to new version. I have a working TWRP for it that I ported for the device when they were unlockable through Huawei official site. I've owned quite a few of them but this is first one I haven't been able to do anything with. I own a SigmaKey Huawei Edition and they only have support for frp removal and can't unlock it or bypass security for flashing recovery. If I can find a way to get my recovery on it I'm good to go as it will flash a patched boot.img or install magisk.zip either one with locked bootloader. I had one running that way that I flashed recovery thru fastboot with dc-phoenix in the past. My thoughts are if I can get a temporary root shell I can dd the recovery from sdcard to the e-recovery partition and be good to go from there. Any ideas on unlocking or rooting this thing?
26th March 2020, 12:19 PM |#826  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek3195

Help with temp root or unlocking for MTK/Huawei device needed.
I have a Huawei MediaPad T3_7 (BG2-W09) that I can't seem to unlock or get root access on. It is a secure boot device and can't get anything past SP Flash Tool without *.auth file or DA which I have not found anywhere. MT8127 chipset not vulnerable to mtk-su as it's 32-bit and the one clickers such as Kingoroot and all others I am aware of fail. DC-Phoenix used to flash with locked BL but new versions won't do it and can't run old version now without update to new version. I have a working TWRP for it that I ported for the device when they were unlockable through Huawei official site. I've owned quite a few of them but this is first one I haven't been able to do anything with. I own a SigmaKey Huawei Edition and they only have support for frp removal and can't unlock it or bypass security for flashing recovery. If I can find a way to get my recovery on it I'm good to go as it will flash a patched boot.img or install magisk.zip either one with locked bootloader. I had one running that way that I flashed recovery thru fastboot with dc-phoenix in the past. My thoughts are if I can get a temporary root shell I can dd the recovery from sdcard to the e-recovery partition and be good to go from there. Any ideas on unlocking or rooting this thing?


Have you tried the amazing new temp root thread. mt8127 is supported maybe they can help
27th March 2020, 03:52 AM |#827  
Senior Member
Flag Panama City FL.
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhjoker

Have you tried the amazing new temp root thread. mt8127 is supported maybe they can help

Thanks, but mt8127 isn't supported as it is a 32-bit chip. According to diplomatic it will never be supported by mtk-su as the exploit he discovered is only on the 64-bit chips. I of course tried it anyway with the expected failure. Appreciate the thought but it won't work.
29th March 2020, 06:42 PM |#828  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Hmmm maybe if i could get my hands on his source i code i might be able to compile a 32bit version.
29th March 2020, 08:37 PM |#829  
Senior Member
Flag Panama City FL.
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhjoker

Hmmm maybe if i could get my hands on his source i code i might be able to compile a 32bit version.

From what he told me the vulnerability that he found and mtk-su exploits isn't present in the 32-bit chipsets. I believe he looked into it, but if the vulnerability isn't there unfortunately there's nothing to work with. Damn, I never thought I would have this hard of a time with this thing. I've owned several+ of them back when unlock was possible from huawei. Have twrp ported for it and a stock aosp-like(no emui) rom with microG cooked in kitchen for it but can't get inside to install anything.
29th March 2020, 09:20 PM |#830  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Well can you flash it via sp flash? Maybe Amonet could helP. i will look into your problen maybe a lil outside squaring of thought could free you
29th March 2020, 10:40 PM |#831  
Senior Member
Flag Panama City FL.
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhjoker

Well can you flash it via sp flash? Maybe Amonet could helP. i will look into your problen maybe a lil outside squaring of thought could free you

SP Flash Tool can't get past the secure boot without auth file. Same with all the tools I've tried, throws an error because its secure baseband and there are no DA or .auth files to be found.
You are right on the money with the amonet idea. I don't know how to edit or re-write it to flash just my recovery is where the problem comes in for me. I tried editing before to flash a preloader and failed miserably, luckily diplomatic edited the amonet script for the 7 inch fire with mt8127 for me and it worked for flashing just preloader.bin. I think it would work to flash recovery or a patched_boot.img. I have both of those .img's but I have more to learn on scripting and or editing.

Another thing that worked in the past was dc-phoenix. It would flash any img with fastboot bypassing security checks. It was dangerous but I knew my img was good. Now they crippled that and it will not let me run an older version that worked. Without updating it just force closes which doesn't make a lot of sense to me as they still have the older versions available to download, just can't use them. Any ideas on getting around updating to run old version ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, developer, irc, questions, support

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes