Thanks Meter: 4,042

By EddyOS, Senior Member on 29th April 2014, 12:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd June 2014, 08:17 PM |#101  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 91

More
OK. Confused.

Flashed the Odexed stock ROM. Clicked "No" to rooting in TWRP. Rebooted. Back into recovery and flashed SuperSU zip. All OK in TWRP and rebooted system. No superuser, so can't do the next steps.

Any idea? Tried it a couple of times now.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMathMan

OK. Confused.

Flashed the Odexed stock ROM. Clicked "No" to rooting in TWRP. Rebooted. Back into recovery and flashed SuperSU zip. All OK in TWRP and rebooted system. No superuser, so can't do the next steps.

More info. If I install SuperSU nothing happens. If I install SuperUser I get the app installed and it says its root but adb shell wont give me # despite the app saying it had been allowed.

If I then try and switch to SuperSU app and have that take control of root then it says it has failed to do so and reboot.

So thats where I am, Stock Odexed. No root...

3rd June 2014, 08:48 AM |#102  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

More
Quote:

OK. Confused.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

More info. If I install SuperSU nothing happens. If I install SuperUser I get the app installed and it says its root but adb shell wont give me # despite the app saying it had been allowed.

If I then try and switch to SuperSU app and have that take control of root then it says it has failed to do so and reboot.

So thats where I am, Stock Odexed. No root...

Going on from my other post, it sounds like the SuperSU package isn't working on the new .10 build. You could try Koush's Superuser package (HERE) and see how you get on. If that also doesn't work you'll have to either stay on .5 for now if root is important or move to .10 and not root for now
3rd June 2014, 08:50 AM |#103  
Flag Brighton

More
I did use Superuser. Seems to install, app is there and it shows it allowed shell in its log, BUT it doesn't give # in shell at all.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
3rd June 2014, 08:50 AM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

More
Quote:

I did use Superuser. Seems to install, app is there and it shows it allowed shell in its log, BUT it doesn't give # in shell at all.

Did you use the flashable ZIP or just the app off the Play Store? The link above is the ZIP
3rd June 2014, 08:51 AM |#105  
Flag Brighton

More
The flashable zip

3rd June 2014, 08:52 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

More
Quote:

The flashable zip

Here's SuperSU 1.97, which was the one I used when I first wrote this guide. Perhaps give this a go?

http://download.chainfire.eu/416/Sup...erSU-v1.97.zip
3rd June 2014, 08:59 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 562

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

Here's SuperSU 1.97, which was the one I used when I first wrote this guide. Perhaps give this a go?

http://download.chainfire.eu/416/Sup...erSU-v1.97.zip

I used UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94 and it still worked fine after the .10 update
3rd June 2014, 09:22 AM |#108  
Flag Brighton

More
So what am I doing wrong??

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Ok, can you tell me if this is Ok as I got it working this way.

Flashed stock in TWRP. Didn't reboot. Flashed SuperSU zip. Rebooted and its fine and can get root in shell.

Your guide specifically reboots before flashing SuperSU.

Will this be an issue?

3rd June 2014, 09:28 AM |#109  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

More
Quote:

So what am I doing wrong??

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Ok, can you tell me if this is Ok as I got it working this way.

Flashed stock in TWRP. Didn't reboot. Flashed SuperSU zip. Rebooted and its fine and can get root in shell.

Your guide specifically reboots before flashing SuperSU.

Will this be an issue?

The guide is what worked for me and may not necessarily work for all, although it should. If you didn't reboot and it's working then go for it
3rd June 2014, 09:32 AM |#110  
Flag Brighton

More
Ok cool. I just wondered as you specifically said "No" to rooting with TWRP after install. I know this isn't quite the same. I'll crack on then. Thanks.

3rd June 2014, 11:46 AM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

More
Quote:

Ok cool. I just wondered as you specifically said "No" to rooting with TWRP after install. I know this isn't quite the same. I'll crack on then. Thanks.

Personally, I prefer to flash a package for SU as opposed to using the on in TWRP but it's my preference and, as it's my guide, it's what I posted. If you want to do it the other way then by all means do so - whatever works!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)