FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,661 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,474

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.1 Now Available!
10th May 2017, 05:36 PM |#6391  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32dave

I just extracted tma 14.4 after your last post and yep its working, messed up. I am going to try something here to see if that was the cause

Well, it's working..so that's good!

Even if we don't know why it wasn't working previously..lol

If you do find out what the cause was, please do let me know!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
10th May 2017, 05:46 PM |#6392  
Flag Woodstock
Thanks Meter: 468

More
Ok I figured it out if you try to decompile a samsung theme file it crashes I am going to use one of Bobcats theme as an example. I will not upload or give away this apk as its a donate theme I just want to show in case somebody else has this problem now I also want to state that I was only trying to change the signal icons nothing nefarious. Ok so first picture is the main apk and the second one is whats in the assets folder and I guess the multiple apks through it for a loop. So I am very sorry @Ticklefish for driving you crazy about a problem that I apparently caused myself but if it ever comes up again that should be the first question to ask

P.S you don't have to try to decompile it just has to be in the "in" folder
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bc1.PNG
Views:	130
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	4145112   Click image for larger version

Name:	bc2.PNG
Views:	130
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	4145113  
10th May 2017, 07:31 PM |#6393  
Quote:

Ok I figured it out if you try to decompile a samsung theme file it crashes I am going to use one of Bobcats theme as an example. I will not upload or give away this apk as its a donate theme I just want to show in case somebody else has this problem now I also want to state that I was only trying to change the signal icons nothing nefarious. Ok so first picture is the main apk and the second one is whats in the assets folder and I guess the multiple apks through it for a loop. So I am very sorry @Ticklefish for driving you crazy about a problem that I apparently caused myself but if it ever comes up again that should be the first question to ask

P.S you don't have to try to decompile it just has to be in the "in" folder

That shouldn't crash it at that stage..

Can you try renaming the file? Call it something like test.apk. It could be the filename causing trouble.

Sent from my Sony Xperia XA1 using XDA Labs
10th May 2017, 08:00 PM |#6394  
Thanks Meter: 512

More
Hey @Ticklefish

Don't know if you remember me...
I used to have problems deodexing Nougat for my Xperia Z5 on my PC, but on my laptop it always worked.

As of now, sadly I lost my Z5 somehow so I bought me a Xperia XZ.
Just wanted to let you know that I have done a fresh windows 10 install on my desktop PC and now deodexing works fine without errors on both my laptop and PC

Something must have been messed up before on my PC, causing deodexing not to work correctly... but what it was we'll never know probably
The Following User Says Thank You to koekoek91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift koekoek91 Ad-Free
10th May 2017, 08:06 PM |#6395  
Quote:
Originally Posted by koekoek91

Hey @Ticklefish

Don't know if you remember me...
I used to have problems deodexing Nougat for my Xperia Z5 on my PC, but on my laptop it always worked.

As of now, sadly I lost my Z5 somehow so I bought me a Xperia XZ.
Just wanted to let you know that I have done a fresh windows 10 install on my desktop PC and now deodexing works fine without errors on both my laptop and PC

Something must have been messed up before on my PC, causing deodexing not to work correctly... but what it was we'll never know probably

I remember you.
Good to hear it's still working.

10th May 2017, 10:10 PM |#6396  
Flag Woodstock
Thanks Meter: 468

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

That shouldn't crash it at that stage..

Can you try renaming the file? Call it something like test.apk. It could be the filename causing trouble.

You are correct its the filename did what you asked and and it didn't crash
The Following User Says Thank You to 32dave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 32dave Ad-Free
10th May 2017, 11:25 PM |#6397  
Quote:

You are correct its the filename did what you asked and and it didn't crash

Excellent. I think it may have been down to the length of the filename, or perhaps it was because it's got two periods/full stops.
I'm glad we found the solution!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
11th May 2017, 05:08 PM |#6398  
I was idly browsing YouTube earlier and I noticed that there are a few videos showing people how to use Tickle My Android. Videos like this..

..and like this..

I think it's great that people want to do this and I'm amazed that my little batch file is proving so popular...but I do have to ask a small favour. Included in the text for these videos are links to download TMA from unofficial mirrors.
I'm happy for people to share but I'd like to request that, if you're doing so, you use the official Mediafire link instead. I'm not affiliated with Mediafire in any way and I don't get any money for using them..but I do get to see how many times TMA is downloaded. And that lets me know whether it's worth continuing with it or not.

I know it sounds shallow but this tool is completely free so I rely on downloads and feedback to know how successful it is.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
12th May 2017, 12:08 AM |#6399  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

I was idly browsing YouTube earlier and I noticed that there are a few videos showing people how to use Tickle My Android. Videos like this..

..and like this..

I think it's great that people want to do this and I'm amazed that my little batch file is proving so popular...but I do have to ask a small favour. Included in the text for these videos are links to download TMA from unofficial mirrors.
I'm happy for people to share but I'd like to request that, if you're doing so, you use the official Mediafire link instead. I'm not affiliated with Mediafire in any way and I don't get any money for using them..but I do get to see how many times TMA is downloaded. And that lets me know whether it's worth continuing with it or not.

I know it sounds shallow but this tool is completely free so I rely on downloads and feedback to know how successful it is.

NOT Shallow at all, @Ticklefish.

Btw, thank you VERY much for all the hard work and time put into TMA!

Here's a humble sample of what I've done with the aid of TMA. 1st, My phone itself.
Next Pics are from NOAA Weather Unofficial app. Last, but NOT least... Opera Mini.
(Couldn't post more than 5 pics in a post via XDA Labs app or Opera Mini without them crashing, so posted them over several posts.
* shrugs *)

Thanks again, @Ticklefish, for an awesome tool!
- TheJackalsMARK

below are pics of phone
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LG8701.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	4146576   Click image for larger version

Name:	LG8702.png
Views:	106
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	4146577   Click image for larger version

Name:	LG8703.png
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	4146578   Click image for larger version

Name:	LG8704.png
Views:	108
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	4146579   Click image for larger version

Name:	LG8705.png
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	4146580  
The Following User Says Thank You to thejackalsmark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thejackalsmark Ad-Free
12th May 2017, 12:11 AM |#6400  

More
Next up... NOAA Weather Unofficial app, before and after.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NOAA Weather Unofficial DEFAULT.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	4146583   Click image for larger version

Name:	NOAA Weather Unofficial AFTER edits with TMA.png
Views:	300
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	4146584  
The Following User Says Thank You to thejackalsmark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thejackalsmark Ad-Free
12th May 2017, 12:14 AM |#6401  

More
Last but NOT least... Opera Mini Blacked Out With Red text.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Opera Mini Blacked Out W Red1.png
Views:	322
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	4146585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Opera Mini Blacked Out W Red2.png
Views:	326
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	4146586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Opera Mini Blacked Out W Red3.png
Views:	328
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	4146587   Click image for larger version

Name:	Opera Mini Blacked Out W Red4.png
Views:	322
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	4146588   Click image for larger version

Name:	Opera Mini Blacked Out W Red5.png
Views:	320
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	4146589  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thejackalsmark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thejackalsmark Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)