FORUMS

[APP] BLN control - the official BLN settings app by neldar

569 posts
Thanks Meter: 363
 
By neldar, Retired Recognized Developer on 30th October 2010, 09:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th November 2010, 08:30 PM |#81  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 363
 
10
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virnik0

with Extended Controls. It is disabled, I can check it withing settings menu of the android itself. But then, when any notification is recieved and bln start to light up buttons, it everytime put APN on.

Ok, then you should check if any other app interfers with your apn settings, because the bln app is not participating in the notification process.

BLNotifications are activated (directly) through android (notification manager -> bln liblights -> bln kernel driver).
2nd December 2010, 02:07 AM |#82  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
I'm trying to use BLN with glitterball's kernel on my Captivate (for CM 6.1 ROM).
Problem I'm running into is the app telling me that liblights does not support BLN.
2nd December 2010, 04:50 AM |#83  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Do I have to re-enable BLN everytime I re-boot my phone ?

Currently if I reboot my phone I have to tick enable BLN, in the APP again.

Can we fix this ?

Cheers
2nd December 2010, 05:16 AM |#84  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 175
 
More
JUst want to say: I truly am grateful for your work, can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Samsung don't realize how pathetically omitting an LED has reduced the usability of their phone compared to others, and I also didn't realize it until I switched to SGS and had to push the stupid power/lock button (painful to use, slow to act), wait for the screen to come on, to see if I had any missed calls or not. Can't tell you how convenient it is
2nd December 2010, 01:13 PM |#85  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 363
 
10
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4zD

I'm trying to use BLN with glitterball's kernel on my Captivate (for CM 6.1 ROM).
Problem I'm running into is the app telling me that liblights does not support BLN.

Glitterball and me are investigating in that issue.
edit: fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaGuR

Do I have to re-enable BLN everytime I re-boot my phone ?

Currently if I reboot my phone I have to tick enable BLN, in the APP again.

Can we fix this ?

Cheers

Little bug, that will be fixed.
edit: fixed.
3rd December 2010, 01:43 PM |#86  
aleadam's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Albany, NY
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Hi Neldar

I was using the scheduler to turn it off from midnight to 7 am every day and it was working just great. Now, the lights don't turn back at 7. If I turn on the phone and turn it of right back, without checking the notifications, the lights will turn on. It seems that it did not receive the clock event while in standby. If I'm correct there was an update recently, right? Maybe a small bug was introduced? It could be also rom related if nobody else has this problem.
3rd December 2010, 05:14 PM |#87  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 363
 
10
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleadam

Hi Neldar

I was using the scheduler to turn it off from midnight to 7 am every day and it was working just great. Now, the lights don't turn back at 7. If I turn on the phone and turn it of right back, without checking the notifications, the lights will turn on. It seems that it did not receive the clock event while in standby. If I'm correct there was an update recently, right? Maybe a small bug was introduced? It could be also rom related if nobody else has this problem.

Do you mean, that an ongoing led notification has been interrupted by the scheduler, but it got not re-activated after the schedule was over?

That issue is known - im searching for a work-around.
(The app needs to notify/trigger the notificationmanager to re-activate interrupted led notifications - maybe someone knows an intent or something like that to accomplish this?)
3rd December 2010, 11:51 PM |#88  
aleadam's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Albany, NY
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neldar

Do you mean, that an ongoing led notification has been interrupted by the scheduler, but it got not re-activated after the schedule was over?

That issue is known - im searching for a work-around.
(The app needs to notify/trigger the notificationmanager to re-activate interrupted led notifications - maybe someone knows an intent or something like that to accomplish this?)

It's not a notification prior to she schedule off. What I mean is new emails that arrived during the night/early morning (like the ny times daily email) don't activate the notification at 7, unless I hit the power button. Maybe we're talking the same here and I didn't notice it before... Mabe the last couple of days I didn't get any email between 7 and 8 and that's why I only see it now.

Workaround: What not creating a notification yourself right after the schedule is on, if you had previous notifications? A notification notifying that you have notifications
3rd December 2010, 11:58 PM |#89  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 363
 
10
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleadam

It's not a notification prior to she schedule off. What I mean is new emails that arrived during the night/early morning (like the ny times daily email) don't activate the notification at 7, unless I hit the power button. Maybe we're talking the same here and I didn't notice it before... Mabe the last couple of days I didn't get any email between 7 and 8 and that's why I only see it now.

Workaround: What not creating a notification yourself right after the schedule is on, if you had previous notifications? A notification notifying that you have notifications

We are talking about the same problem.

And i had the same intention: fire a notification to trigger other notifications..
But it does not work, dont know why - maybe i missed some detail.

So as a workaround until i found a solution: press the home or power button in the morning.
(And yes, also tried to emulate that.)
4th December 2010, 07:05 AM |#90  
aleadam's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Albany, NY
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neldar

We are talking about the same problem.

And i had the same intention: fire a notification to trigger other notifications..
But it does not work, dont know why - maybe i missed some detail.

So as a workaround until i found a solution: press the home or power button in the morning.
(And yes, also tried to emulate that.)

I don't know how it's implemented: can the program still detect whether there was a notification or not during the time the schedule is off? Or the program does not respond at all in that time? Instead of triggering a notification, why not just turning on the lights directly? You could use some static boolean areNotifications to decide at schedule on whether to turn the lights on or not.

You probably thought all this already, but I'm just thinking out loud.

Personally, if I receive an email that late at night or so early in the morning it will not be anything important. I can leave without BLN for that. If it's urgent, I'll get a phone call, not an email, and I'll hear that. So the workaround works fine for me, it's just interesting why is not lighting it up...
4th December 2010, 12:27 PM |#91  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neldar

Glitterball and me are investigating in that issue.
Little bug, that will be fixed.
edit: fixed.

Thanks mate,

Appreciate your work, and bought your App to support you :thumbsup:

With all the dev work for the SGS, it has become the best phone ever
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes