FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM]{The Collective}Presents: The-Unofficial 1.5 - Emily's Dedication [4/24/12]

3,935 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,062

Thread Closed Email Thread
4th May 2012, 06:12 PM |#1701  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJHawaii

I had the same issues and I noticed the donation banner froze my install twice previous versions have been great but I'm having the same issues after 3 full wipes fresh installs and clean check sums I'm gonna have to revert back.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Really strange, I experienced three shutdowns two days a go as well. I went bed with a full charge, leaving it unplugged for the not. I woke up to my phone not responding to any thing. After a few attempts to turn it on, it finally vibrated and I saw the Samsung logo on the screen. When it booted I had 0 battery life left, it then shut down. I swapped batteries (official Note batteries) and booted it up, I experienced 2 more random shutdowns immediately after. This is happening with no tweaks or mods added to this ROM and after a good week or more of use without any issues.

I've since wiped and re-flashed the ROM, it's been running strong for a couple days now.

5th May 2012, 12:36 AM |#1702  
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,458

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantoss

Slightly offtopic to the rom but still on Android. No response on note q&a thread.

The battery notification popup that comes up when you are below fifteen percent and five percent battery are the biggest nuisances ever to me. For some reason my phone has poor usb connection detectors and constantly "unplugs" and when charging at a low battery it can get annoying. I want to disable it and I figured there is a way to with this rom on opposed to the possibility of doing it on stock. Any ideas guys and or gals?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Using Root Explorer, navigate to /system/media/audio/ui. Should see one that says lowbatterysomething.ogg. Mount r/w. Just add .bak to the file (lowbattery.ogg.bak), save, reboot. No more low battery noise.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrhaley30705 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrhaley30705 Ad-Free
5th May 2012, 09:23 AM |#1703  
Flag bakersfield ca
Thanks Meter: 602

More
This is the first GB rom Ive ran besides stock for the first hour of having my note, and I must say that it is fantastic! Ive been on it a few days now and im very impressed with the stability, and the layout of everything...

Great job, again, the collective!!! keep up the amazing work!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rayandreas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rayandreas Ad-Free
5th May 2012, 03:38 PM |#1704  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemoniumone

Really strange, I experienced three shutdowns two days a go as well. I went bed with a full charge, leaving it unplugged for the not. I woke up to my phone not responding to any thing. After a few attempts to turn it on, it finally vibrated and I saw the Samsung logo on the screen. When it booted I had 0 battery life left, it then shut down. I swapped batteries (official Note batteries) and booted it up, I experienced 2 more random shutdowns immediately after. This is happening with no tweaks or mods added to this ROM and after a good week or more of use without any issues.

I've since wiped and re-flashed the ROM, it's been running strong for a couple days now.

I share this experience. A friend of mine also had this happen as well when he moved to 1.5. Both of our experiences happened within 24 hours of flashing. Phone is locked in a shutdown state while the battery is rapidly draining. I'm pretty confident this is a 1.5 issue only.

5th May 2012, 04:13 PM |#1705  
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,471

More
This rom is no longer actively being worked on. thanks but bug reports and bad experience reporting at this point really aren't necessary as we won't be rolling out any fixes and/or updates. I personally haven't had any random shut downs with massive battery drain. Honestly there really isn't that much under the hood difference between 1.1 and 1.5 that would cause this. Good luck and enjoy the Ride!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flappjaxxx Ad-Free
5th May 2012, 04:24 PM |#1706  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Report, don't report... I'm so confused. I maintain the claim that 1.1 is more stable than 1.5, the best ROM I've ever used in any Android phone to be exact. I refuse to feel bullied just because you're the developer. Clearly your feelings are hurt by my previous comments regarding this build. Again, thank you for the ROM and I mean that.

5th May 2012, 04:29 PM |#1707  
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,471

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytooth

Report, don't report... I'm so confused. I maintain the claim that 1.1 is more stable than 1.5, the best ROM I've ever used in any Android phone to be exact. I refuse to feel bullied just because you're the developer. Clearly your feelings are hurt by my previous comments regarding this build. Again, thank you for the ROM and I mean that.

Honestly I don't care how you feel. I'm in no way bullying anyone. This is a developers forum not a support forum. Maintain your feelings about 1.1 over 1.5. I really couldn't care less. My feeling aren't hurt at all as I don't even use this rom. I use one I have been working on since before we even dropped v1.5. But I don't think we will be releasing it to the public. We will just keep it to ourselves. You know, the bullying developers. Enjoy 1.1
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flappjaxxx Ad-Free
5th May 2012, 04:44 PM |#1708  
ET Admin
Flag Cheltenham
Thanks Meter: 6,889

More
Thread Closed

As requested by development team.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to O_G For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O_G Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread