[Guide] Sprint/Verizon Galaxy SIII Flash to Page Plus Cellular Tutorial [Video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

computersam001

Feb 19, 2013
Sounds Promising!

I personally do not use any donor to get 3G when I do flashes, unless at times a few of the USCellular S3 phones. They at times can be stubborn phones but not always....... my opinion of it is the phone that pulls the keys, instead of writing them to it seems to be more consistent.....

Viper

Ok, sounds good. Would you be willing to help me flash my phone once it arrives? (Or would it be a possibility for you to do it remotely?)

computersam001

Feb 19, 2013
Flash Completed!

So, in conclusion, Mr. Viper32 is awesome, and the s3 is amazing! The actual flashing bit took probably all of ten minutes, but with the driver installations beforehand and me figuring out how to get it to work afterwards, it took a bit longer. My phone is now working 100% on PagePlus with full 3g (speedtest.net rated me at 1422kb down and 862kb up-pretty good for my area!) Thanks again!

Reactions: gadget069

dmonleo

What was that Verzion S3 rom everyone says shows the 3G icon with the sim out and mms works on ? I have a test phone I want to try it on.

Pacman for sure... Sending PM

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Moparfreak put me on to that one.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

You know you got it bad when you check XDA more than you check your drawers....just saying. You may not have that problem...just saying.... Lol!

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com
Pacman for sure... Sending PM

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Moparfreak put me on to that one.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

You know you got it bad when you check XDA more than you check your drawers....just saying. You may not have that problem...just saying.... Lol!

How do you get the qualcomm settings menu ?

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
I have a sprint sph-l710 and CDMAWS v3.9.0. I can connect my phone and unlock it by sending the password but that is as far as I can get. Always getting an error message like "cannot read from the phone" Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or maybe a missing driver? I'm running windows 7 ultimate and have installed kies and odin, they are both currently installed. I can read & write to my thunderbolt phones, just not my SG#.

tvane1225

Jun 19, 2013
Doylestown
flash gs3

hey whats going on guys. I was wondering if anyone was up for flashing another GS3. I've tried the tutorials but to no avail any help will be greatly appreciated.

afextwin

Jan 19, 2011
Raleigh, NC
www.ulbright.com
Anyone else find that USCC S3 requires many many reboots to get things to stick? And some items won't stick no matter what...man I need some free help.

edit: GET DS_MIP_DMU_MN_AUTH CPS_ERROR BAD_PARAM

Can't read this setting. Can write it. After write, same error as above, either inactive parameter or bad parameter.

edit2: Can't get Simple IP Only to stick. Thought maybe I should flash it like a Sprint phone but that's a no go.

Last edited:

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com
Anyone else find that USCC S3 requires many many reboots to get things to stick? And some items won't stick no matter what...man I need some free help.

edit: GET DS_MIP_DMU_MN_AUTH CPS_ERROR BAD_PARAM

Can't read this setting. Can write it. After write, same error as above, either inactive parameter or bad parameter.

edit2: Can't get Simple IP Only to stick. Thought maybe I should flash it like a Sprint phone but that's a no go.
Yes some of them do.

Reactions: bamx2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I No longer support this thread due to the lack of time I have lately. This video will show you how to get up and running on P+ with 1x data only.
    This wil work for the Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular variant.
    Yes I can get 3G but, the method is not allowed on this forum.
    Please don't PM me asking how to get 3G as I will not reply.
    Hit thanks if you watched this video please :)

OP updated with full 3G tutorial. I'll leave it up for a few days. Its the last video in the OP.
    Thanks button below and donate button to the left. Don't forget to follow me on twitter.
    About d*** time!

okay so i finally got everything working on my SPRINT Galaxy s3 flashed to PAGEPLUS with mms. here goes:

this is for the Sprint GS3 I repeat the SPRINT one Not the Verizon one. Write everything without reading from the phone with the full version

of CDMAWS.

I was on stock rooted jellybean 4.1.1 with LG2 radio with spc changed to 000000.

I did absolutely nothing with the DMU folder or akey (never have for any phone i flash to be exact) but if u did remove it, flash back to stock with
    odin if u have to.

Set the mode pref to "CDMA HDR and LTE only" under the CDMA tab in CDMAWS. (if u dont u will get nothing but error 67 messages)

under the EVDO tab make sure both profile 1 and profile 0 are enabled with profile 1 as

the active profile, plug in the correct username and dun username with

ha and aaa keys for both profiles "mirrored them = make them the same".

set mobile IP behavior to Mobile + simple.

under the Data tab make sure Data QNC is checked/enabled.

IF YOU NEED YOUR HA or AAA keys for PagePlus or VZWPP PM ME!

MMS and Youtube streaming:

go to dialer and dial ##3282#, tap edit and enter SPC (mine is all zeroes now) click others then click MMSC URL change it to
    http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms (make sure it looks exactly like that or ur MMS wont work). back out and tap Multimedia change the fields to this:
    RTSP proxy Address: 0.0.0.0
    RTSP proxy port: 0
    HTTPPD proxy address: 0.0.0.0
    HTTPPD proxy port: 0

back all the way out and restart ur phone if it doesnt reset automatically. Once your phone is back up download GoSmsPro from the PlayStore.
    open it up and go to settings and under advanced go to MMS Settings. Scroll all the way down to the last field and check mark "Fill APN configuration manually". change the MMSC field to http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms back all the way out and restart your phone again and enjoy 3g, with MMS and youtube/video streaming.
    Thanks, you wouldn't mind sharing the 16 digit password would you? Also since its like the Verizon I would put the US Cellular S3 to NV Only?
    Yes but some US Cellular phones don't have to be put in NV because they already are.
    This is the US Cellular GS3 16 digit code and its what I use on the USCC Note 2

Let me know if it works.
    So how do I get ride of the "Insert SIM card" prompt every time I go to turn on the Mobile Data?

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Right on, because this is driving me nuts
    Upload failed because I left and laptop went to sleep. Its almost done now though @ 92%