Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

ES File Explorer System Write

83 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By atrohde, Member on 29th May 2013, 08:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
ES file explorer isn't mounting system as writeable. Can't copy any file to system or change any files within system using the apps root explorer. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know a solution?

Please dont suggest using another app. I have tried that and they do work. I just prefer ES.

Sent from my SCH-I545

29th May 2013, 08:45 PM |#2  
Flag Uxbridge
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I had the same issue, and ended up buying Root Explorer. No idea why. I couldn't even find the option to make it writeable like I used to be able to.
29th May 2013, 08:52 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
thanx for chart
29th May 2013, 09:02 PM |#4  
Flag Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
I noticed this too. Has anyone tried previous the version to see if that makes a difference?

Update: I tried the older version and it tries to run a test which fails, resulting in not being able to use that feature. I would assume the same test is failing in the new version.
30th May 2013, 01:15 PM |#5  
Moderator Liaison / RC-RT Committee / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 46,580

Donate to Me
More
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions and help issues go in Q&A and help sections
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
31st May 2013, 08:44 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Gumby

Update: I tried the older version and it tries to run a test which fails, resulting in not being able to use that feature. I would assume the same test is failing in the new version.

Not sure, but maybe related to OP's issue: after rooting, using ES File Explorer version 3.0.4 (dl'd from play store), I can't use the built in root explorer. After selecting "Root Explorer" from the menu, after a delay (appoximately 20 seconds) I get the "Sorry, test failed. This feature cannot run on your phone." message in the attached screenshot.

Interestingly, I was able to access ES's root explorer while still on the pre-release kernel, before flashing back to the stock kernel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-05-31-14-25-09.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	2007433  
The Following User Says Thank You to 2ndbrother For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 2ndbrother Ad-Free
31st May 2013, 09:25 PM |#7  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 14

More
The new ES is a little different. Pull up the fast access menu and open the tools tab on the left. from there, tap on root explorer, mount R/W, then change the bubbles to RW. I had to do this to edit my build.prop so I assume this is what you're asking. Hope this helps!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to whichonespink73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whichonespink73 Ad-Free
31st May 2013, 11:05 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Milwaukee

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichonespink73

The new ES is a little different. Pull up the fast access menu and open the tools tab on the left. from there, tap on root explorer, mount R/W, then change the bubbles to RW. I had to do this to edit my build.prop so I assume this is what you're asking. Hope this helps!

I don't get any options for mount as R/W. I think I've seen that menu before so I know what you're talking about. But it doesn't show up on the S4. At least not for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545
The Following User Says Thank You to atrohde For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atrohde Ad-Free
31st May 2013, 11:17 PM |#9  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrohde

I don't get any options for mount as R/W. I think I've seen that menu before so I know what you're talking about. But it doesn't show up on the S4. At least not for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545

So when you pull up the fast access menu and click root explorer under tools, you dont see mount R/W like in this picture?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-05-31-16-15-22[1].jpg
Views:	2442
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	2007753  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whichonespink73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whichonespink73 Ad-Free
31st May 2013, 11:36 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Milwaukee

More
Not at all. Just wiped app data and tried again and nothing. Just the test failed message.

Sent from my SCH-I545
1st June 2013, 02:35 AM |#11  
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrohde

Not at all. Just wiped app data and tried again and nothing. Just the test failed message.

Sent from my SCH-I545

I don't get that menu either. My test fails also.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)