Thanks Meter: 5

More
Works like a charm, thanks!

24th July 2011, 02:20 AM |#62  
Flag MS
Thanks Meter: 104

Donate to Me
More
how do you get to the chat feature? my cable's going out and the block is kinda as well
24th July 2011, 03:39 AM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
So my new cable arrived a few weeks ago. Then a couple of days ago the end parts with the n just fell apart. I tried taping it back together, but my NC wouldn't charge with it.

So called B&N again. The rep told me that I had just received a new cable. I told her that yes, they sent me a new cable but it broke!!!! Rep talked to her supervisor and now I have another cable being sent to me. I hope this one lasts longer.
27th July 2011, 01:58 AM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Thanks OP! I just got my nook color a few days ago and my cable tip cracked. It charges and everything but i did not want to wait for it to fail and then be Nookless for a few days

Worked like a charm over the phone.. they are sending it out.

For those of you that got it in store.. did they verify your information when you took in the broken cable? I have a feeling my new one will not last till the end of the year so i want to see if i can get a backup in store hehe.
27th July 2011, 05:01 PM |#65  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I've had my NC since December and my cord worked fine till a few months ago when the top broke off, tape solved it till yesterday it stopped charging completely.

Called it in and it should be here in a few days .. next time (b/c there will be a next time) I'll try the store option!
I just hate this cord option like everyone else

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App
27th July 2011, 05:52 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o

Thanks OP! I just got my nook color a few days ago and my cable tip cracked. It charges and everything but i did not want to wait for it to fail and then be Nookless for a few days

Worked like a charm over the phone.. they are sending it out.

For those of you that got it in store.. did they verify your information when you took in the broken cable? I have a feeling my new one will not last till the end of the year so i want to see if i can get a backup in store hehe.

The key here is not to abuse the service.
27th July 2011, 06:31 PM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatdawg

The key here is not to abuse the service.

^ This.

Rodney
29th July 2011, 11:18 AM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman_legendary

As many of you'll know by now the Nook Color stock cable tip break easily and a stock replacement is expensive. To top it off its the ONLY cable that will fast charge your Nook Color. Well I have some good news. After writing a bad review of the cable on their website after my second one bent which I had to pay $30 for since the cable wasn't available separately then. I talked to a Barnes and Noble worker and they gave me this number:

1.Call 1-800-The-Book and go digital products from the prompts then Nook Color.

You must have your serial number and the email you registered your Nook with. When you talk to a representative tell them you need a replacement cable for your Nook Color. After you give them your information they will ship you a new one completely free.

2. The fastest way is to go to or call your local Barnes & Noble and tell them you heard that if you bring a broken Nook Color cable in they could replace it for free.

Both methods worked for me but I'm 100% sure method one should work if and when you need a new cable.

Hope this helps everyone.

I may just try the store option, but finding the serial number would be a real hassle, on CM7. I have a nandroid backup of rooted stock somewhere, so I could flash that, copy the serial down, then flash back to my current build, but that would take a while and be a real pain...

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
29th July 2011, 11:43 AM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxiworld

I may just try the store option, but finding the serial number would be a real hassle, on CM7. I have a nandroid backup of rooted stock somewhere, so I could flash that, copy the serial down, then flash back to my current build, but that would take a while and be a real pain...

The serial is located inside the sd card flap.

Rodney
15th August 2011, 11:46 PM |#70  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
I actually called barnes & noble again about this. The replacement that they sent to me broke again. The 3rd USB replacement will be shipped within 2-3 business days. I guess they value their customer a lot.Or they just admit to themselves that those USB cables are really poorly made.
17th August 2011, 09:11 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Could someone post pics of a broken tip and describe how it happened?

I can see how stress from bumps or twisting on the N piece could cause it to break while connected, but I don't know how it could fall apart from just plugging and unplugging unless a considerable amount of force is being used.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
money saving, nook cables

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)