[Multi Window Mod][P6800][P6810[Deodexed][UPDATE][12/24/2013]

Search This thread

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Thanks... I found your Odin package is 1/3 smaller than eRobot. I'm thinking to use your ROM with patch instead, but I don't want to lost everything from eRobot.
Do I need to factory reset if i use your package?

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

I tried and i got few FC with it include TouchWiz Launcher and can't load some of the widget too. Factory reset seems to be a must if wanted to convert by using your ROM.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Damn the backup copy on the eRobot now do not work even restored with data and recovery. I got auto restart issue during samsung boot animation. it is bad...

Anyone had face the same before?
@ZhenMing

Sorry you're having problems and yes i've had the same issue before so i will try to help u out but hopefully @edan1979 can chime in with a little more advice...the order which u do things is important. I'm pretty sure the problem is that neither CWM or TWRP actually backup the preload partition so a simple restore won't work which is what happens on the P6200...my advice would be to actually flash the Erobot rom again(which places the proper files back in preload) THEN do a restore and that should get u back going.

Last edited:

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Is there a possibility to install this on 160dpi tablet mode, stock deodexed?

Yes...i'm not sure what the exact dpi would be for u guys since i own a P6200(for us its 134 which breaks the split bar & 176 which cuts off the clock in notification panel) but 160 breaks my split screen mode but the floating window mode still works which is what most users want anyway. For me, 134 is perfect because it gives me the best of both worlds...i just remembered @nutley said he tried 160 in tablet mode(post #18...he only had an issue because of an old file left over from another attempt which wont affect u) and it worked so u should be good to go

oh...and u may have to use XPOSED framework to put it in tablet mode but i'm not sure about 7.7

you need to do a factory reset after flash the STOCK SAMSUNG JB files... as erobot replace a lot of files from the stock jb of our p6800... you cant just simply flash the the deodexed version made by THEDEVIOUS1... real stock will totally replace everything... the reason why TW crash after the flash is because it was mean for 213 dpi... when you change flash the deodexed the dpi usually change to 160... TW need to clear out of its data since the size is totally not the same... to use THEDEVIOUS1 deodexed... what you need to do is... Flash back stock JB than flash the deodexed.

nutley

Apr 28, 2011
Is there a possibility to install this on 160dpi tablet mode, stock deodexed?

For tablet mode using 160 DPI here is what i found. (This is all using erobot v1 but imagine it will be the same for the stock deodexed rom)

Installing the mod and adding the line from the 1st post into the build.prop enabled multi window but only allowed floating windows, there was no snap to fit that i could get to work, although the pin icon was there and turns green when you press it.

Replacing the com.sec.feature.multiwindow.tablet.xml with com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml (From this post) under system/etc/permissions enabled snap to fit but lost floating window.

I dont have my tab on me but will try the 176 dpi later to see what effect that has.

Cheers

ZhenMing

you need to do a factory reset after flash the STOCK SAMSUNG JB files... as erobot replace a lot of files from the stock jb of our p6800... you cant just simply flash the the deodexed version made by THEDEVIOUS1... real stock will totally replace everything... the reason why TW crash after the flash is because it was mean for 213 dpi... when you change flash the deodexed the dpi usually change to 160... TW need to clear out of its data since the size is totally not the same... to use THEDEVIOUS1 deodexed... what you need to do is... Flash back stock JB than flash the deodexed.
Although i walk through the difficult way, but this lesson learn will be recorded down. I'm doing the ODIN to stock JB and later the THEDEVIOUS1 ROM. Will report in later.

THEDEVIOUS1,

Could you please put this lesson as an alert to warn the P6800 user not to repeat the same path I been through in your 1st post in this thread?

Thanks.

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Done this and it works. The restart shows 4 options. Haven't use them to reboot though. What is ‘hotboot’?

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

honestly, i don't even know myself...lol. i'm assuming its sort of a "soft restart" though(just looked it up & that is indeed what it's SUPPOSED to do although i just tried it on my tab & it doesn't work)...u may want to at least try to reboot because my first 2 attempts showed the options but didn't actually function properly

edit: nevermind...just tried it again after i edited a file and hotboot functions as its supposed to(dont know if its just me but it seems like none of the options work the first time i tried them as if they had to be activated first...but i'm probably imaging things)

Last edited:

weslirobert

Oct 30, 2012
finally, this mod came to our tab. but i got some issue after flashing this mod. i cannot change the ringtone. i got some FC on that. can somebody please help me?

matsuru

Jul 10, 2008
Yes confirmed. FC occurred when u try to change ringtone by selecting the ‘media’ button to choose the sound file.

A workaround solution:
01. Install ‘zedge’ and choose your ringtone from there.
02. Install ‘total commander’ and choose ringtone from there.

Hope this helps.

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Yes confirmed. FC occurred when u try to change ringtone by selecting the ‘media’ button to choose the sound file.

A workaround solution:
01. Install ‘zedge’ and choose your ringtone from there.
02. Install ‘total commander’ and choose ringtone from there.

Hope this helps.

i can change my ringtone without issue though the settings menu....exactly where is this "media" button located?

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
SPlanner fix

My sPlanner also gives me FC too

my splanner also fc so i need someone to test ALL the samsung apps since they will most likely be broken...i don't use any of them besides the phone app myself so i never noticed anything wrong. I will link the calender from the note 8 below which just fixed mine but i would rather make a zip with all the apps that are malfunctioning...if someone could post a list that would be great

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILY0Z5cHdmUVd0Ukk/edit?usp=sharing
^NOTE 8 PLANNER (place in "system - apps", set permissions, delete original, & reboot)

Last edited:
Reactions: nutley and matsuru

ZhenMing

my splanner also fc so i need someone to test ALL the samsung apps since they will most likely be broken...i don't use any of them besides the phone app myself so i never noticed anything wrong. I will link the calender from the note 8 below which just fixed mine but i would rather make a zip with all the apps that are malfunctioning...if someone could post a list that would be great

^NOTE 8 PLANNER (place in "system - apps", set permissions, delete original, & reboot)

i'm also assuming that music hub is where u guys are trying to change the ringtone...here goes the note 8 version
View attachment 2091269
The error is about the android.process.media.

weslirobert

Oct 30, 2012

i'm also assuming that music hub is where u guys are trying to change the ringtone...here goes the note 8 version
View attachment 2091269

Thanks man. the s-planner issue is now solved. But still getting force close on ringtone...

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app

matsuru

Jul 10, 2008
i can change my ringtone without issue though the settings menu....exactly where is this "media" button located?
Sorry, It's called "Media Storage". See attached Screen shot.
Screenshot_2013-07-04-18-12-53.jpg

My sPlanner also gives me FC too
Confirmed this also. didnt notice this since I am using Google Calendar installed thru Google Play.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-04-18-12-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-04-18-12-53.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE...BE SURE TO BACKUP AS ALWAYS
    Also please note that i do NOT own a 7.7 so the files that i upload must be confirmed working by actual P6800 users...thx in advance

well, guys...we FINALLY finished the multi window mod for P6800 owners (no P6210 for the moment). Below i will provide the link to the rom that u will need to use as well as a link to my original thread with more detailed instructions. I advise that u please at least read the UPDATE V5 section of my thread over in the Tab Plus forums...although the entire first post should be useful. Let me also add that yes...this mod may remove other mods/tweaks that u have installed or that come preloaded with your rom. Over time we will manage to get the best setup for everyone...for now i would advise using the stock rom.

UPDATE V2: This new version doesnt offer any new functions unfortunately...i just threw together another zip which includes all of the apps that need to be replaced so any new flashers wouldn't have the same issues & questions

UPDATE V5: I finally got around to uploading the new version of the mod for your device...please read the V5 section of my orginal thread in the Tab Plus forums. I have linked to a zip which includes apps that will need to be replaced due to force close (almost all stock samsung apps)...also be aware that i MAY need to create a separate version for the P6210 so please test and report). For those of u using the "sky high" rom by @UpInTheAir then u already have the latest version included so no need to flash this....and to everyone else who has not flashed it yet what are u waiting on go try it out!

Install Instructions
    1. Install rom using CWM or TWRP (recommended)
    2. Edit your build prop by adding the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 at the very bottom (may also need to change dpi)
    3. Flash the V5 file below followed by the forcecloseapps.zip (please note...these files MAY need to be installed manually using TWRP or AROMA)
    4. Delete flashbarservice.apk located in system/app (only necessary if coming from V2)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2312004
    ^My orginal thread

http://erobotrom.blogspot.pt/2013/06/erobot-jbtb-rom-for-galaxy-tab-77-v2p.html
    ^Erobot V2.3P

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43501477#post43501477
    ^P6800 MD3 STOCK (cwm & odin)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILSVdKVjZOblUxcUU/edit?usp=sharing
    ^MUTIWINDOW MOD V5 (the download is labeled P6800 but should work on the wifi only model as well...as i stated above i MAY need to create a separate version for the P681x so please test & report)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILTkRob1VzQ3pna1k/edit?usp=sharing
    ^FORCE CLOSE APPS (please be aware...u will need to manually delete copies of apps with similar yet different names than those included in the zip so u wont have duplicates)

credits/thanks to: @edan1979 for his assistance and @xperiacle for the systemui used in V4
    permission to use mod in ROM?

Hi Mate,

Really appreciate the work you've done for us in the 7.7 forums, and now just started using your mod on my eRobot ROM SkyHigh Edition. eRobot has discontinued his work with the 7.7 and has kindly allowed me to persue further development of his ROMs for release. I have already released version 1, and have been busy testing your mod with my eRobot ROM SkyHigh Edition v1.0. Working quite well.

The thing is, I'd like very much to in-build this mod into the ROM so I can then mod various systemUI, services etc. They will get "lost" if this mod is flashed after. I notice that some of eRobot is already lost, but I am capable to restore some parts that I miss.

So to cut a long story short, may I please have permission to release as part of my ROM builds? This would be a great addition !

I have sent email & PM. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

Edit: forgot the "magic" word please ;)
    screenshots

once again thanks to @edan1979 for providing a couple of screenshots

2083460.jpg 2083461.jpg
    Installed this over my setup and it changed the ROM, different looks, no battery %, etc, good I made a backup before :angel:

I nandroid back to the older fc bugs and try to reproduce the fix again. Just to be sure. Will post report on erobot and this thread later

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

CONFIRMED~!

Solution to the Contact>Event & Multitask button FC bug for eRobot ROM v2.3P

Problems:
    After flashing eRobot v2.3P,
    01. Select any contact>Event, then tap on the date will always stopped Contact and FC.
    02. Tap a few times on the mutitask button at the bottom bar will FC.

Solutions:
    After flashing V2.3P, flash the multiwindow mod.
    Read instructions and get the files here-> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43158565&postcount=1

my feedback:
    Everything is working as it should. No more FC on contact>event and multitask. Everything runs smoothly.

Warning:
    Some original theme from v2.3P might be changed.
    01. Notification bar will be full screen.
    02. Lock screen wallpaper will changed.
    03. No more "screen capture" button at the bottom.
    04. Advance reboot has only 1 reboot option. No more reboot/recovery/download.
    05. There will always be a white color side bar (this is the multi window bar)

Hope this is helpful to those who use eRobot v2.3P:good:

Just in case u guys didnt know...u can hold the back button to hide/show the bar whenever u need it and i also created a black transparent side bar that u can replace the white one with(will attach below)

View attachment FlashBarService.apk
    Stock MD3 deodexed

I updated the first post with links to the stock MD3 deodexed...after someone has tested & confirmed that everything is ok i will create a new thread in the development section