[ROM][4.4][P7300][WIP][HOMEMADE] OMNIRom, unstable, [3 Jan, 2014]

Search This thread

pax0r

Sep 11, 2011
Warsaw
Ok, I get it to work, somehow.

It is an early release, not tested, use on your own risk!

It is not suitable to daily use, only for testing. It crashes often. It's not bad but this crashes are no-go for normal usage :p

I based on work from kasper_h and C-o-M so they should be credited for this.

I will post buildable sources later, but there are no changes from repos of this two guys, only some merging ;)

As for gapps I used this one:
http://duckbox.info/android/gapps-wingray-kk-20131223.zip
but they are little buggy

you may try any from this thread or even some other for KK:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2593757

I am not sure what is working and what is not, but for sure these are working:
  • WiFi
  • Camera
  • 3G
And HDMI output is broken as in every post-4.2 ROM :p

IT IS ONLY FOR P7300 VERSION (3G one)! When it wil be more stable I will build wifi version as well.

Ok, but you probably don't care about all of this and just want a dowload link :D
Here it is:
omni-4.4.2-20140103-p5-HOMEMADE.zip

Last edited:

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Thank you so much mate
so overall it's a great ROM and it has lots of working stuff in it like:
  • WIFI
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera [both] as for taking photos and panorama
  • Apps are working properly
  • Torch
  • 3G
  • Power menu buttons
  • System UI
  • ART function seems to be working
  • GPS
  • Keyboard
  • Sound

but the not working stuff are quite huge, I know it is kind of alpha and early release
so this bug list is only to help you develop the ROM:
  • it is so laggy
  • lots of random hot reboot and some times normal reboot
  • lots of crashes
  • camera video recording
  • screenshot capture [Storage may be in use]
(which is why I didn't provide any screenshots)

Thank you again for your hard work
hope you'll be able to make this ROM better;)

Last edited:
Reactions: A R T A K

jankhner

May 30, 2010
Great! Since Kitkat is supposed to run better on slower devices i hope this one will be also faster than the older android versions :)

pax0r

Sep 11, 2011
Warsaw
Sorry for the question, is the voice call enable and working???

Thanks

no, even mic is not working in any app as for now ;)
I dont plan to work on this feature as I have data-only card in tablet... Not before more important features.

and about screenshots they will probably never work. Guy from 10.1 tried to enable them and it causes even more UI lag...

yoyurik

Jul 24, 2012
Thanks for your work, man!
I was expecting for someone who will rebuild this rom for our tablets! (was reading gt 10.1 thread for a while).

DemonGloom

Jan 8, 2009
no, even mic is not working in any app as for now ;)
I dont plan to work on this feature as I have data-only card in tablet... Not before more important features.

and about screenshots they will probably never work. Guy from 10.1 tried to enable them and it causes even more UI lag...

I'll fix voice calling, as I use it sometimes.

BTW, our tablet need special patch for rotation animation:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/ac555b9ca9a76d13a26fc9ea40980fe57258761b
It requres rebase, though. Line 200 of services/java/com/android/server/wm/ScreenRotationAnimation.java is now line 223.
My own build still don't boot. Both boot.img and system files are broken after building..

Last edited:

shiko80

Jun 24, 2012
Thanks for your work. In the 10.1 forum they have already a pretty good working version. Is it possible to use the same sources/manifests of the P75xx for the P73xx devices, so that whenever they do any changes that we also get the same changes for the P73xx?
@DemonGloom: I think you already tried it?

DemonGloom

Jan 8, 2009
Thanks for your work. In the 10.1 forum they have already a pretty good working version. Is it possible to use the same sources/manifests of the P75xx for the P73xx devices, so that whenever they do any changes that we also get the same changes for the P73xx?
@DemonGloom: I think you already tried it?
Yes, we are using almost the same device trees. Just wait for @pax0r to build new version.
Currently I cannot get mic working in phone calls. Incoming/outgoing calls with headset works great.

BTW, @pax0r, should i post latest TWRP for our devices or CWM is good enough?

nqk

Jan 13, 2011
Hanoi
Yes, we are using almost the same device trees. Just wait for @pax0r to build new version.
Currently I cannot get mic working in phone calls. Incoming/outgoing calls with headset works great.

BTW, @pax0r, should i post latest TWRP for our devices or CWM is good enough?

Please. At least it's easier to have touch function than to use the power and volume keys.

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk

SayDfuse

May 30, 2012
North Carolina
I really hope we can get this thread going and get some interest. Maybe OP should rename the thread, The title is a big turn off and made me kind of not want to click it lol all jokes aside Great work and i hope others can help as well. Have a good day!!

fpdragon

Sep 9, 2008
Thanks!

Really cool ROM!

Just a short question:
How can I get root access?
Any hidden setting?

I want to restore my titanium backups.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, I get it to work, somehow.

It is an early release, not tested, use on your own risk!

It is not suitable to daily use, only for testing. It crashes often. It's not bad but this crashes are no-go for normal usage :p

I based on work from kasper_h and C-o-M so they should be credited for this.

I will post buildable sources later, but there are no changes from repos of this two guys, only some merging ;)

As for gapps I used this one:
    http://duckbox.info/android/gapps-wingray-kk-20131223.zip
    but they are little buggy

you may try any from this thread or even some other for KK:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2593757

I am not sure what is working and what is not, but for sure these are working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera
    • 3G
    And HDMI output is broken as in every post-4.2 ROM :p

IT IS ONLY FOR P7300 VERSION (3G one)! When it wil be more stable I will build wifi version as well.

Ok, but you probably don't care about all of this and just want a dowload link :D
    Here it is:
    omni-4.4.2-20140103-p5-HOMEMADE.zip
    I have a better build than a previous but audio is not working, I need more time :<
    New build:
    omni-MACKAY_ROM_KANG-4.4.2-20140201-p5

Notable changes: Multiwindow now works.
    I've went and KANGed whatever the P7500 guys were having:
    omni-MACKAY_ROM_KANG-4.4.2-20140127-p5
    As far as I could test, everything works. Don't expect any support - I'm not a full-time dev, built this just for fun. Thanks to the OP for building boot.img for Kitkat. Use TWRP 2.6.3.0 to flash it.

Bugs:

• mildly laggy
    • you tell the devs!

li55.png
    PS: only thing I am missing is this new cool multi window feature of omnirom. was it removed or is this just an older build?
    IIRC, it was removed because SurfaceFlinger or somesuch didn't like it. Something to do with Tegra 2 drivers being old.

I think they reenabled it - I read on the other side of XDA that users are now again complaining about flickering with Multiwindow :p
    I'll go probably kang out another build by the end of this week, having my exams atm.

If anyone wants to give it a go, replace boot.img on P7500/10 builds with the one from the OP, replace system/lib/modules with the one from the OP, change the build fingerprints in build.prop with the one from the OP, and add ro.sf.hwrotation=90 somewhere.