Wifi only works properly on Sense ROMs

Search This thread

chobungus

May 12, 2014
I have the Verizon HTC One M8 with s-off and rooted. I really want to use an aosp ROM, but I have wifi problems on all of them. I know that other people were also having issues with wifi disconnecting, but that is not my problem.

The wifi range is terrible. I have to be close to the wireless router to use the internet. When I am close the speed is perfect, but as soon as I move a few rooms away it cannot download anything. The phone still shows it is connected to the wifi with full bars but its impossible to even load a webpage. When I use my iPad from the same distance I can play HD video no problem.

The strange thing is the issue does not exist when I am using a Sense based ROM (stock, ARHD). I apologize if this is a common issue that I am unaware of but any help would be appreciated!

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Its been a very well known and reported issue since the release of any AOSP based ROMs. Its not really strange that it works on Sense ROMs considering Sense ROMs are specifically made for this device. AOSP based ROMs have to be made to work on this device. You'll just have to be patient and wait for it to be fixed. Other than that, nothing can be done at the moment. :)

chobungus

May 12, 2014
Dang, I thought for most people the issue was with wifi dcing! Oh well, next time I will make sure to look into it more before making a post. Also, where is a good place to look for updates pertaining to issues like this?

Thanks!