FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TRUE PermaRoot and the ULTIMATE S=Off!!! Check this out even if you're rooted!!!

973 posts
Thanks Meter: 663

By grankin01, Senior Member on 2nd December 2010, 09:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th March 2011, 05:46 AM |#631  
Long Beach
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
What's the difference in 8.6 and 8.5 and on rom manager premium it says I can't receive ota update why? And what is nand s=on bloat freeze needs it off anybody can help thx

Rooted stock rom faux kernel boot 8.5 and s off in boot ./gfree -f method

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

13th March 2011, 01:16 PM |#632  
Thanks Meter: 528

More
Ok, I'm running cyanogen nightlies and using faux's 2.1.0 low voltage kernal. As I understand it this method requires stock kernal. Could I install the stock kernal over cyanogen 7 and run gfree or no?

Hello, my name is LanternsLight456 and I'm a crackflasher...
13th March 2011, 01:32 PM |#633  
Flag Managua
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanternslight456

Ok, I'm running cyanogen nightlies and using faux's 2.1.0 low voltage kernal. As I understand it this method requires stock kernal. Could I install the stock kernal over cyanogen 7 and run gfree or no?

Hello, my name is LanternsLight456 and I'm a crackflasher...

Bro, dont take this the wrong way but ive seen your multiple posts on the RC, the Nightlies, and the faux' kernel thread. Honestly i still dont get what problem it is that you are having

And no, you cannot install the stock kernel as it was built for froyo, installing on top would only give you endless bootloops.

If you havr cm7 running + a diff kernel, why would you be here? Im sure you are already permrooted and have an unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my rooted glacier running CM7 and the honeybread theme
13th March 2011, 01:47 PM |#634  
Thanks Meter: 528

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by everest.deth

Bro, dont take this the wrong way but ive seen your multiple posts on the RC, the Nightlies, and the faux' kernel thread. Honestly i still dont get what problem it is that you are having

And no, you cannot install the stock kernel as it was built for froyo, installing on top would only give you endless bootloops.

If you havr cm7 running + a diff kernel, why would you be here? Im sure you are already permrooted and have an unlocked bootloader.

I've helped a few friends at work update to CM7 and though I ran gfree on mine, didn't on theirs. Right now I'm trying to learn everything I can learn about this. I'm in no way a programer but this fascinates me and I'm enjoying learning. Yes, I'm set up with gfree and eng boot loader and the 3.0.0.6 clockwork recovery and all that.

I guess I'm just reading everything I can and asking lots of questions because that's how I learn.
13th March 2011, 06:11 PM |#635  
Flag Miami, Florida
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by everest.deth

Maybe wanting the sim unlock? Isnt this thread titled "TRUE PermaRoot and the ULTIMATE S=Off!!! Check this out even if you're rooted!!! "
Huge miss bro
13th March 2011, 08:18 PM |#636  
Account currently disabled
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 558

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by castuis

Maybe wanting the sim unlock? Isnt this thread titled "TRUE PermaRoot and the ULTIMATE S=Off!!! Check this out even if you're rooted!!! "
Huge miss bro

Well then maybe you should make a new thread about it. Thats if you even know how to write code. Dont knock someone when you cant do it yourself.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App
13th March 2011, 10:07 PM |#637  
Flag Miami, Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klquicksall

Well then maybe you should make a new thread about it. Thats if you even know how to write code. Dont knock someone when you cant do it yourself.

What you said has absolutely zero relevancy to my comment so not sure what you're talking about, you really should read what I responded to before you say things that have nothing to do with what the topic was! where did coding come into this? Dude told dude he didnt need gfree if he was already rooted with boot access and I merely pointrd out that the name of the thread even mentions that if you're rooted this is still something you can do. So I have to tell you stranger that your comment to me is idiotic and had nothing to do with my post at all, and as far as coding goes who cares what I know and dont know if it doesnt affect you directly! Learn to read, after you conquer that than tell me about coding. Honestly it doesnt look like you even read any of this page at all? Your little buddy patronized someone for asking a question that is exactly dead on for where it should be asked and 100% reasonable to the point its even mentioned in the title of this thread, I merely pointed that out to the guy that patronized him, you however made no sense at all, none, not even a tiny fraction of sense by bringing up coding and whether I can code or not and needing another thread
13th March 2011, 10:15 PM |#638  
Account currently disabled
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 558

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by castuis

What you said has absolutely zero relevancy to my comment so not sure what you're talking about, you really should read what I responded to before you say things that have nothing to do with what the topic was! where did coding come into this? Dude told dude he didnt need gfree if he was already rooted with boot access and I merely pointrd out that the name of the thread even mentions that if you're rooted this is still something you can do. So I have to tell you stranger that your comment to me is idiotic and had nothing to do with my post at all, and as far as coding goes who cares what I know and dont know if it doesnt affect you directly! Learn to read, after you conquer that than tell me about coding. Honestly it doesnt look like you even read any of this page at all? Ypure little buddy patronized someone for asking a question that is exactly dead on for where it should be asked and 100% reasonable to the point its even mentioned in the title of this thread, I merely pointed that out to the guy that patronized him, you however made no sense at all, none, not even a tiny fraction of sense by bringing up coding and whether I can code or not and needing another thread

Troll

13th March 2011, 10:20 PM |#639  
Flag Miami, Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klquicksall

Troll

well atleast you're able to admit it, that's half the battle
13th March 2011, 10:41 PM |#640  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
yezzir... i'm in business.. you guys are the bomb.. in the last month i've gone from "Nexus One" to vibrant, to "G2", MyTouch 4G (Only because i was missing out on having a front facing camera..)..

now that totally free and clearly rooted.. i'm about to fly.. cyanogen mod here i come
13th March 2011, 11:34 PM |#641  
Flag Managua
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanternslight456

I've helped a few friends at work update to CM7 and though I ran gfree on mine, didn't on theirs. Right now I'm trying to learn everything I can learn about this. I'm in no way a programer but this fascinates me and I'm enjoying learning. Yes, I'm set up with gfree and eng boot loader and the 3.0.0.6 clockwork recovery and all that.

I guess I'm just reading everything I can and asking lots of questions because that's how I learn.

Ok cool, i just neede to know lol

So, yeah as far as im concerned you do not need the stock kernel to run gfree, there is no compatibilty disclaimer that ive read of.

If you feel like flashing stock just for the sake of it though there should be multiple posts with the stock htc kernel, if id be at the pc id look for em but im not

Remember though that you would need to go back to froyo as cm7 + stock htc kernel = bootloop ./atm

As for the other posts above, guys lets keep it on topic

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)