[RECOVERY][ TWRP Recovery 2.6.3.3 | ONLY For Android JB ] [Update 18/02/2014]

Search This thread

Dmitry Budnikov

Feb 22, 2013
Sarov
It seems my problem has the next reason...
After flashing TWRP 2.6.3.0 I detected that BusyBox came back to 1.17.1 version. Before it was 1.21.1. Of course, I updated the BB up to 1.21.1 again and I didn't see both green and red lights after that. The TWRP works normally (I see both green and red lights) if I don't update the BB. Maybe I am not correct but I have it.

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
After flashing TWRP 2.6.3.0 I detected that BusyBox came back to 1.17.1 version. Before it was 1.21.1. Of course, I updated the BB up to 1.21.1 again and I didn't see both green and red lights after that. The TWRP works normally (I see both green and red lights) if I don't update the BB. Maybe I am not correct but I have it.

You need to follow Installation instruction 100% correct ! No steps skip, no steps adjust !
Good luck !

mikesa

Jun 25, 2007
Budapest

I follow your instuctions Petru. (CWM install) I try two times, but the same problem as Dmitry...

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk 4

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I know I'll sound like a noob, but since I've installed TWRP, can I still boot into cwm recovery? I'd like to remove it, so that I can only have twrp. Is it safe to boot into cwm, and remove it?

Sent from my HUAWEI P6

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I know I'll sound like a noob, but since I've installed TWRP, can I still boot into cwm recovery? I'd like to remove it, so that I can only have twrp. Is it safe to boot into cwm, and remove it?

Sent from my HUAWEI P6

Hi!

If you try to boot in CWM recovery after already installed TWRP , ( you can do this only by CWM installer apk ) - you will not be able to boot then in TWRP recovery !
I'll make an update.zip once flashed in TWRP Recovery will removed CWM Installer.apk and also CWM Recovery ( touch & non touch ) !

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hi!

If you try to boot in CWM recovery after already installed TWRP , ( you can do this only by CWM installer apk ) - you will not be able to boot then in TWRP recovery !
I'll make an update.zip once flashed in TWRP Recovery will removed CWM Installer.apk and also CWM Recovery ( touch & non touch ) !

Great! I'm glad I asked. :) Thank you!

Sent from my HUAWEI P6

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
How backups on SD card

How set to make backups saved on an external SD card?
Before the backup was nothing I did not set a backup was stored in the internal memory

Last edited:

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
On the backup screen, you just need to tap on "internal storage", then you'll have the option to change it to "external storage". :thumbup:

Sent from my HUAWEI P6

Work fine, thanks and great thanks to Petru, realy great work !!!
-------------------------------

Is this TWRP permanent ? Maybe if I change the ROM , if there ever will be TWRP ?

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
is it removing the stock recovery ? or just CWM ?

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk

Will remove all CWM ( touch, non touch and apk installer ) and also a old TWRP if exist !

Stock recovery will not be touched , and also please read well all my first OP , your answer is already there !

About :
  • builded from the last update TWRP 2.6.3.0 source !
  • has included init.d support ! ( all scripts from /system/etc/init.d will be runned on each boot ! ) ;
  • this recovery will not rewrite your recovery partition, therefore cannot damage your device only by installing !
  • enter on twrp recovery by quickly repeatedly pressing volume up or volume down when you will see the green led lights up - very soon you will see the led red lights up, ( stop pressing volume buttons ) - red led lights up indicating that the device will get in the twrp recovery way !!!

Please do not ask, before you read all the stuff in OP !

Last edited:

nARDOs

Apr 2, 2013
Will remove all CWM ( touch, non touch and apk installer ) and also a old TWRP if exist !

Stock recovery will not be touched , and also please read well all my first OP , your answer is already there !

Please do not ask, before you read all the stuff in OP !

Hi mate :D I got error while install update via CWM Recovery.
It says E:signature verification failed...Installation aborted... :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !!!

Team Win Recovery Project !

Permanent Recovery TWRP 2.6.3.3
    - for -

Huawei Ascend P6​

Team Win Recovery Project 2.6, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

This is a permanent & fully functionally TWRP Recovery for Huawei Ascend P6 !

New Release TWRP 2.6.3.3 : 18/02/2014

Release R03.1 : 05/01/2014 .

Release R03 : 07/12/2013 .

About :
    • English edition !
    • this recovery will rewrite your /recovery partition, warning : install at your own risk !
    • enter on twrp recovery by pressing volume + & volume - & power button at the same time , when Huawei logo is displayed please release the buttons ! ( or using "adb" commands : > adb reboot recovery )

Change log :
    • What's new in 2.6.3.0 !
    • TWRP 2.6.3.3 :
      • added offmode charging !
      • added battery percentage display on StatusBar !
      • allow battery charging ( if the USB cable or a charger is connected ) !

Downloads :

Installation :
    • Install the last update TWRP 2.6.3.3 only by this method : ( fastboot flash recovery twrp_2_6_3_3_recovery.img )
    • make sure your device was already Unlocked !
    • no need to root your device , TWRP has the ability to root your device !!!
    • put your device in fastboot mode ( > adb reboot bootloader )
    • extract recovery_twrp.img from archive TWRP_R03.1 !
    • fastboot flash recovery recovery_twrp.img ;
    • fastboot reboot ;
    • or download TWRP_Recovery_R03.1.zip and install on TWRP like in a usuale way !!!
    • enjoy with permanent recovery !!!
    • getting root access !

Revert to stock recovery ( B118 ) :
    • put your device in fastboot mode ( > adb reboot bootloader )
    • extract recovery.img from archive Stock_Recovery_B118.zip !
    • fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ;
    • fastboot reboot ;
    • now your device has stock recovery !!!

Credit :

Source :

>>> Warning <<<

Being a total functional recovery, take care what custom rom are you going to flash with it !
    A wrong rewrite only one of the partitions (boot, modemimage, recovery, xloader, oeminfo and . ...) can easily ruin your device permanently !
    Use this utility at your own risk , I am not responsible for damage your device by using this utility incorrect !

TWRP_P6.png

regards,
    Surdu Petru
    TWRP Recovery for locked firmware HAP6 & HAM !!!

<< TWRP RECOVERY >>

*** Working on Huawei Ascend P6 & HAM locked Firmware ***

About :
    • English edition !
    • this recovery will NOT rewrite your /recovery partition !!!
    • enter on twrp recovery : power off your device , now briefly press the power button & wait to see the green led lights up - at this time you should quickly and repeatedly pressing volume down or volume up button ( about ~ 5 sec. ) - you will see very soon the led red lights up and your device will be in recovery way !!!!
    • the latest version is R02.1 & was fixed all issue ( including Internal Storage bug from R02 ! )

TWRP Recovery R02.1 : 05/01/2014 !

TWRP Recovery R02 : 30/11/2013 !

Downloads :

Installation :
    • First you need to have the device rooted !!!
    • copy archive TWRP_R02.1 on your external or internal sdcard ( storage ) [ > adb push TWRP_R02.1.zip sdcard/ or storage/sdcard1/ ];
    • you must have already installed an older recovery ( TWRP or CWM ) !
    • boot your device in your custom recovery - that was already installed on your device ;
    • choose update from external/internal storage ;
    • install ;
    • reboot your device !
    • by installing this recovery , all previous recoveries will be wiped !!!

TWRP Recovery R01 : 20/11/2013 !

Downloads :

Installation :
    • First you need to have the device rooted !!!
    • using CWM recovery :
      • copy archive TWRP_R01 on your external sdcard ( storage ) ;
      • boot your device in CWM recovery ;
      • choose update from external sdcard ;
      • install ;
      • reboot your device !
    • using "adb shell" commands :
      • unzip archive TWRP_SHELL.zip in TWRP_SHELL directory ;
      • connect your USB cable and check on Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging ;
      • enter on TWRP_SHELL directory and open cmd command ;
      • > adb push recovery.sh /data/local/tmp
      • > adb push recovery.cpio.lzma /data/local/tmp
      • > adb push install-recovery.sh /data/local/tmp
      • > adb push busybox /data/local/tmp
      • > adb shell
      • $ su
      • # mount -o remount,rw /system
      • # cp -r /data/local/tmp/busybox /system/xbin/busybox
      • # chown 0.0 /system/xbin/busybox
      • # chmod 04755 /system/xbin/busybox
      • # /system/xbin/busybox --install -s /system/xbin
      • # cp -r /data/local/tmp/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
      • # chown 0.0 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
      • # chmod 0755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
      • # cp -r /data/local/tmp/recovery.sh /system/bin/recovery.sh
      • # chown 0.0 /system/bin/recovery.sh
      • # chmod 0755 /system/bin/recovery.sh
      • # cp -r /data/local/tmp/recovery.cpio.lzma /system/bin/recovery.cpio.lzma
      • # chown 0.0 /system/bin/recovery.cpio.lzma
      • # chmod 0644 /system/bin/recovery.cpio.lzma
      • # reboot
      • enjoy ...
    • 3° remove old recovery :

TWRP 2.6.3.0 Screenshots on Device Huawei Ascend P6 :

Screenshots:

DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    Permanent Recovery update R03 !

So which is it ?
    Where will TWRP when I reinstall a ROM to another ?
    Is TWRP permanent ?

Hi!

Very good news :D

Permanent TWRP recovery will be soon in our device ! ( will be replaced stock recovery ! )

I was able to flash : fastboot flash recovery recovery_twrp.img and also to boot in TWRP recovery !

Need to fix some minor issue !

So, from here we can start porting CM in our device !

Edit :

Permanent TWRP Recovery R03 is already released ! Please check OP ! Thanks !
    After this i tried to go to recovery but can`t go in it

If you know in what firmware you were before having these problems,because you must install the appropriate recovery.img !

If you was on KitKat , you can also try to flash the new TWRP recovery 2.6.3.5 for kitkat, to see if you are able to boot on recovery !

Good luck !

Edit :

As I can see , your device work very well, only you need to install the appropriate recovery.img !

Here recovery+boot.zip is the right boot.img and recovery.img from Huawei KitKat Beta ! It seems that the previous ( recovery.img ) was not extracted correctly, that's why not work !

> fastboot flash boot boot.img

> fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

> fastboot reboot !

Now I hope you will be able to boot on stock recovery KitKat !
    Hi!

I'll be at home in about two hours and I'll update OP !