Thanks Meter: 931

By bakpinar, Inactive Recognized Developer on 18th January 2011, 09:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th June 2015, 09:45 AM |#5001  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Help! Cannot run apps after repartitioning SDCard
Hi

I have a LG L90 running Android 5.0.2, rooted.

I was using Link2SD and had a 2gb EXT4 2nd partition for Link2SD.

Somehow I managed to use all the space in the 2nd partition and decided to expand it.

I put the SDCard into my Windows PC and opened the second partition with Paragon EXTFS. I copied all files from there to a temp directory on my PC. I then used MiniTools Partition Wizard to kill the second partition, resize my first partition (FAT) to free more space on the SDCard, and create a new larger (4gb) second partition (EXT4, primary). Then I copied all the files I had backed-up to the new partition. Then I put the card back into my phone and booted it.

Now I get errors and cannot run any apps that were linked to the SDCard. I go into Link2SD and recreate the mount script and reboot, and everything looks OK. (I don't see any errors from Link2SD). In Link2SD I try Relink All Application Files it says "found no files to link". And I still cannot use any of the apps. In link2sd all linked apps are marked "reboot device". If I link a new app I get message that it was completed, but then I cannot start the app.

I've put the card back into my PC and everything looks OK. But when I return it to the phone, none of the linked apps work.

Any idea what happened or how to fix it other than killing everything and starting from scratch?

Thanks for your advice.

29th June 2015, 08:48 PM |#5002  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My device is a RK3066, android 4.4.2 updated by developers of the device, rooted, and when link2sd link some app it won't opne, forced to close, know how i can solve this issue?
30th June 2015, 06:46 AM |#5003  
Flag Crawley (Gatwick, London)
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewinr

Hi

I have a LG L90 running Android 5.0.2, rooted.

I was using Link2SD and had a 2gb EXT4 2nd partition for Link2SD.

Somehow I managed to use all the space in the 2nd partition and decided to expand it.

I put the SDCard into my Windows PC and opened the second partition with Paragon EXTFS. I copied all files from there to a temp directory on my PC. I then used MiniTools Partition Wizard to kill the second partition, resize my first partition (FAT) to free more space on the SDCard, and create a new larger (4gb) second partition (EXT4, primary). Then I copied all the files I had backed-up to the new partition. Then I put the card back into my phone and booted it.

Now I get errors and cannot run any apps that were linked to the SDCard. I go into Link2SD and recreate the mount script and reboot, and everything looks OK. (I don't see any errors from Link2SD). In Link2SD I try Relink All Application Files it says "found no files to link". And I still cannot use any of the apps. In link2sd all linked apps are marked "reboot device". If I link a new app I get message that it was completed, but then I cannot start the app.

I've put the card back into my PC and everything looks OK. But when I return it to the phone, none of the linked apps work.

Any idea what happened or how to fix it other than killing everything and starting from scratch?

Thanks for your advice.

As you used windows, you may have removed the Linux permissions and owner information on the files. Check apk are rw-r--r-- and owned by system. Others need x flag, too many to mention.
30th June 2015, 07:03 AM |#5004  

More
thanks. finally I solved the problem by moving everything back to internal memory. (although there were some difficulties since I didn't have enough space to move everything back, and ended up having to de-install and re-install loads of apps).
30th June 2015, 08:01 AM |#5005  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Will apks and apps be recognised on the sd after installing a new rom?
Linked All my apk's to memory card with this app on my Htc desire 816 ( Dual Sim) Indian Version. ( a5dwg). somehow i actually lost my nandroid backup and planning to install a new rom on my device and Im soft bricked now. resolving this is not an issue but im worried about my apps. i do have moved thr data of the apks along with them by linktosd.

My question is when i insert my memory card again in my device ,will all the apps be again linked automatically to my device?
memory card shows the same storage on the pc as it was before all ths.

and if not then what do i need to do to get all the apks back as the memory card shows the space .

help will be really appreciated

DEVICE: HTC DESIRE 816 ( DUAL SIM INDIAN VERSION) a5dwg.
Kitkat. 4.4.2 ; Sense 6.0
30th June 2015, 08:58 AM |#5006  
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 65

More
I am unable to link internal data of apps and obb files to any of my 2 partitions on my sd card . One is FAT32 and the other is ext2 . I was able to link every other stuff. Any assistance?
1st July 2015, 04:37 PM |#5007  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
hey guys, I have searched and seen many people having this problem, I have a EXT4 2nd patition as primary on my sdcard and still i cant get any of my app to be linked
I always get this Failure invalid package error
is there a fix or not?!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kianush For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kianush Ad-Free
fishinpercolator
2nd July 2015, 07:04 PM |#5008  

More
does not relink dex files on boot
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue. I happen to have Cyanogenmod which may be part of the reason but I'm not sure.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.
5th July 2015, 11:29 PM |#5009  

More
Unable to link Internal Data using Link2sd plus 4.0.7.. Cannot find solution anywhere
Hi,
Could anybody please help me fix this error. I've attached a screenshot of it...Whenever i try linking internal data of any app i get this error "Directory not empty". Please do help ASAP. I have an Xperia mini and am running out of memory. internal storage if full due to only 2 applications internal data alone(whatsapp and google play services namely)..barely have any other apps and internal storage is full .. I've searched almost everywhere to fix this but couldn't find a fix.
Once again somebody PLEASE help me find a solution ASAP for this problem as phone is not functioning properly due to lack of internal memory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-06-01-17-04.png
Views:	374
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	3392286   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-06-01-03-54.png
Views:	390
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	3392287  
6th July 2015, 04:23 AM |#5010  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffivan

Hi,
Could anybody please help me fix this error. I've attached a screenshot of it...Whenever i try linking internal data of any app i get this error "Directory not empty". Please do help ASAP. I have an Xperia mini and am running out of memory. internal storage if full due to only 2 applications internal data alone(whatsapp and google play services namely)..barely have any other apps and internal storage is full .. I've searched almost everywhere to fix this but couldn't find a fix.
Once again somebody PLEASE help me find a solution ASAP for this problem as phone is not functioning properly due to lack of internal memory.

Try to find the ext2 partition works for your device or not.. Or partition the sd card again Or switch to a custom ROM..
6th July 2015, 12:21 PM |#5011  

More
Pls sum1 help....if capable..
My internl storage has damagd. My phone isn't booting. I can't wipe intrnl storg from recvry too.

Mob - Xolo 8x1000 (mtk6592 chipset)
So if sum of u can help pls giv ur soltns...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
link2sd, link2sd issues

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)