[ODIN][TAR] 4.4.2 I9505GUEUBML4 Full Rooted Restore

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
P. S. You have it backwards on recovery and OTA's. The ota couldn't care less. However to flash signed code requires stock recovery. The ota is signed.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kstrehan

aniel300

Jan 30, 2013
With that little information? Not a chance. It's like saying "my car doesn't start" and getting someone on the Internet to tell you how to fix it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

I explained you what is happening to me but u haven't answered

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I explained you what is happening to me but u haven't answered

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I have nothing to add for your situation. You are using a non-i9505g phone flashed with heimdall. Not much I can do for that situation. I've made it as clear as I can that this odin restore image isn't a rom and should not be used on non-i9505g phones. That fact that things aren't working right doesn't overly surprise me. If you want to use gpe versions on your non gpe phone, my advice has always been, and always will be, use a rom made for your device. The types of issues you're having are exactly the type of problems rom devs work to solve.

AHLASSICH

Dec 15, 2012
I9505GUEUBML4_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz Flash Error

ML4 is released.

WARNING: Stop asking if you can flash this on other phones. You can NOT. It is meant for the I9505G ONLY. This is NOT a "rom". This is a system image for the I9505G. Flashing to any other phone will brick it.

Kernel Source:

http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search&searchValue=GT-I9505G

OTA zip (must be sideloaded in stock recovery) [Thanks @EthanFirst for the link]:

http://android.clients.google.com/p...a023.SS-I9505GUEUCMKG-to-UCML4_Update_FWD.zip

Root method (does not overwrite stock recovery):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tnzz95y5847z587/S4_GPE_ROOT.zip

ODIN FULL RECOVER IMAGE (root is built in):

Shamelessly stealing @MJHawaii instructions from this thread (THANK YOU):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2398217

(DISCLAIMER) Please read and follow the instructions carefully. I nor anyone else on this forum is responsible if you brick your phone, lose your job, or life as you know it ends. Make sure you fully Understand what you're doing before you do it. Modifying any phone comes with a risk.

Instructions

1. Download the I9505GUEUBML4_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz package from below
2. Make sure you have the USB Drivers installed and you have Odin 3.09
3. Please do not flash this if you're low on battery, Go charge your phone!
4. Open up Odin and click on PDA (or AP in 3.09+), then select the I9505GUEUBML4_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz package you downloaded
5. Odin will need to extract the tar md5 file from the gzip archive, and this will take a while
6. This is a massive file give it time to load up in Odin and Make sure you have a COM PORT in Odin ( any )
7. Click Start and wait till it finishes flashing
8. If your phone does not boot right back up then boot into stock recovery and Wipe Data Factory Reset.

I9505GUEUBML4_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz

A GIANT thank you to @MJHawaii for helping me learn this process!!!

Tried to flash I9505GUEUBML4_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz using Odin 3.09 but got the following error: "SMD Header Check Fail:Boot.img

I just put the phone into download mode to see what it says.

CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
WRITE PROTECTION:Enable

Does this mean that the phone is write protected and is not allowing me to flash? If so, how do I change it? :confused:

Many thanks,

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Assuming it's a genuine I9505G and not just an I9505, then I'd suspect a driver issue. Uninstall and reinstall the Samsung driver.

lextendo

Mar 16, 2007
Paramaribo
Short story: I've put an i9505 rom on my i9505G.I agree, that was stupid noob mistake,, overlooking the not unimportant G...
Good news though: it's not bricked. The only major issue is no 3G (which makes sense because the radios are different if I'm correct)
I've encountered no other issues (yet?)

Can I flash this rom to correct it, or might i still brick it?

Long story:
- stock rom, rooted using Odin
- installed cwm recovery 6.0.4.4 ( i9505 zip, NOT the i9505G version)
- installed i9505 rom (Google play version, kitkat, unrooted) with cwr (install from zip)

As mentioned before, it's not bricked...
Advice is much appreciated :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Well, this isn't a rom, so that's one thing in your favor. As you've learned, flashing the PROPER files is what like to call "important" around here. LOL :) Yea, this will hopefully get you back up and running...back to stock + root. Everything in this package except for system is signed, so, it should fix your modem.

lextendo

Mar 16, 2007
Paramaribo
As you've learned, flashing the PROPER files is what like to call "important" around here. LOL :)

I agree :rolleyes:
I've made a backup with crm before flashing. When I open the backup file and examine the recovery log it does say to.product.model=I9505 (without the G)
I think the G came with the "Google play" version of the ROM?

Thanks for your reply :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Each build will have a build.properties file which identifies what the hardware is. It's just a string in a file that can be changed. But yes, that's where it comes from. Simply changing that string doesn't do anything though. It wouldn't turn it into the right version of the os for your phone just by changing the model string. You'll need to flash this odin package to fix it up properly.

Vybramo

Aug 22, 2008
Kosice
I cant find whats its hardware difference in 9505 and 9505G coz if hardware its same why its not possible to just flash 9505 to G or back

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
For one the partition table is different. For a another they use different bootloaders.

Reactions: rohail6

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
As long as you're a true I9505G user, yup, you're good to go. I'll be making a new ODIN package for NE3 once I can get ahold of the OTA myself.

Reactions: jpculp and rohail6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ML4 is released.

WARNING: Stop asking if you can flash this on other phones. You can NOT. It is meant for the I9505G ONLY. This is NOT a "rom". This is a system image for the I9505G. Flashing to any other phone will brick it.

Kernel Source:

http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=search&searchValue=GT-I9505G

OTA zip (must be sideloaded in stock recovery) [Thanks @EthanFirst for the link]:

http://android.clients.google.com/p...a023.SS-I9505GUEUCMKG-to-UCML4_Update_FWD.zip

Root method (does not overwrite stock recovery):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tnzz95y5847z587/S4_GPE_ROOT.zip

ODIN FULL RECOVER IMAGE (root is built in):

Shamelessly stealing @MJHawaii instructions from this thread (THANK YOU):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2398217

(DISCLAIMER) Please read and follow the instructions carefully. I nor anyone else on this forum is responsible if you brick your phone, lose your job, or life as you know it ends. Make sure you fully Understand what you're doing before you do it. Modifying any phone comes with a risk.

INSTRUCTIONS:

WARNING: Please do not flash this if you're low on battery...go charge your phone!

o) Download the I9505GUEUBxxx_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz package from below
    o) Make sure you have the USB Drivers installed and you have Odin 3.09 from below
    o) Put your phone in download mode and connect it to USB:
    -Disconnect the phone from USB
    -Power OFF your phone
    -Hold Volume Down, Home, and Power
    -When the "WARNING!!!" screen comes up, release the buttons
    -Volume up to enter download mode
    -Connect the phone to USB
    o) Open Odin
    o) Click on AP, then select the I9505GUEUBxxx_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz package you downloaded
    o) Odin will extract the tar md5 file from the gzip archive, and this will take a while...be patient
    o) Once the tar md5 is loaded, make sure you have a COM PORT in Odin ( any )
    o) Click Start and wait till it finishes flashing...your phone should reboot when it's done

NOTE: If your phone does not boot, then boot into stock recovery and Wipe Data Factory Reset.

DOWNLOADS:

ODIN 3.09

A GIANT thank you to @MJHawaii for helping me learn this process!!!
    Sorry, been away most of the day. It's 4.4.2 from the OTA. Basically how this gets made is that I create signed boot, recovery, and modem files from the OTA zip, then I dd extract system img (which is why it's rooted since you have to root it to dd extract). Everything gets added to the ODIN tar md5 and then gzipped for size. You don't have to flash anything else. And it will not erase data.
    Hrmm is this correct? I would've assumed that the ML4 .tar file would include any radios that were with ML4? Not to sound stupid (too late) but what is the logic in not including this?

There isn't any logic in not including it which is why I did. LMAO! :D I'm not sure why some people's radios aren't updating with it, but, it's certainly in there and signed. It's the exact same radio files I include in the radio only ODIN file. Some people have issues with the radios and for others it works fine. I really don't know the rhyme or reason. But anyway, everything you need is included in this ODIN file.
    As long as you're a true I9505G user, yup, you're good to go. I'll be making a new ODIN package for NE3 once I can get ahold of the OTA myself.
    You don't need to do any extra steps. Just ODIN the .tar file
    and you are good to go. You will need to also ODIN the radio file and any custom recovery you want (I recommend CWM 6.0.4.4 as I am not sure the TWRP works for KK).