[NIGHTLY][ROM][GRJ22] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Vega | Android 2.3.4

Search This thread

Dyonas

Jul 18, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21+
We are all diffrent i like the soft buttons. about keyboard going on and off try moving soft buttons to right side and remove quick notification button. That fixed it for me. The buttons can be changed back later than it will work as it should. But i think theres some strange behavior from quick notification button, for example when pressing it it shuts down the screen it dont answer to any touches only on soft buttons, so i have to press the statusbar up and from there press the back button then it wakes up. I dont know, maybe its supposed to be like that.

This happened to me too. I've temporarily disabled it and just set ADW so an upward swipe from the Home screen opens the notification bar. I assume this is one of the issues that is going to be fixed as noted by murdock. Otherwise it seems pretty good so far.

add.thebad

Apr 4, 2009
Lincoln UK
When the screen freezes only the statusbar and the buttons are responding on touches. The rest of the screen does not respond. The screen will respond again when i change the orientation of the screen

i get the same problem just frezes every now and then

but when i works it runs nice and smooth to thanks

i would also like to see a recont apps button and if theirs a way to get rid of the slow screen fade when you put it to sleep that would be nice. even better the crt effect

cheers! looking foward to updates!

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
i get the same problem just frezes every now and then

but when i works it runs nice and smooth to thanks

i would also like to see a recont apps button and if theirs a way to get rid of the slow screen fade when you put it to sleep that would be nice. even better the crt effect

cheers! looking foward to updates!

I have it working pretty smooth now. I disabled a couple of things in the performance section of the cyanogenmod settings.
I disabled surface dithering and JIT (reboot after the changes). I did not have the freezes since then.

There is a new version out. Look for that in the Nook thread.

Reactions: Keek-Leopold

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
I have it working pretty smooth now. I disabled a couple of things in the performance section of the cyanogenmod settings.
I disabled surface dithering and JIT (reboot after the changes). I did not have the freezes since then.

There is a new version out. Look for that in the Nook thread.

yes - had not time tonight to write on this thread - fell asleep :)
will for future releases update first post with download link, but leave details in first post of nook thread.

its my thread now, got first post :)

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Why on Earth would you dissable JIT?

JIT was the biggest feature built into android 2.2 and has remained since. Yes you vega on stock 2.2 has JIT. Disabling it will cause more problems than it solves, the only reason that feature was left in CM settings was for older phones that JIT didn't work well in, old phones like the G1...

Android is built now to run with JIT.

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
yes - had not time tonight to write on this thread - fell asleep :)
will for future releases update first post with download link, but leave details in first post of nook thread.

its my thread now, got first post :)

That is OK. Looking good. Nice new graphics.
Just a question. What is the best thread to talk about some CM7 problems that are in the ROM. You do the Tablet UI stuff. But there are also some things that need attention on lower level (i.e. market problems, some FC's, showing wrong CPU info - A7 instead of A9). Hmm uname -a shows also that the kernel is for arm v71.. Is that correct ?? Should that be arm v9 or is the V71 the instruction set version of arm.. Nevermind A9 is ARM v7 instruction-set.

One more thing. Do you mind if i refer to this thread on the Modaco forum ???

Last edited:

mad-murdock

Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
That is OK. Looking good. Nice new graphics.
Just a question. What is the best thread to talk about some CM7 problems that are in the ROM. You do the Tablet UI stuff. But there are also some things that need attention on lower level (i.e. market problems, some FC's, showing wrong CPU info - A7 instead of A9). Hmm uname -a shows also that the kernel is for arm v71.. Is that correct ?? Should that be arm v9 or is the V71 the instruction set version of arm.. Nevermind A9 is ARM v7 instruction-set.

One more thing. Do you mind if i refer to this thread on the Modaco forum ???

get bumble bee (aka apache 14) to open a cm7 nightly thread here. and of course also add vega to nightly builds. but i guess, we have to small demand for this.

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Why on Earth would you dissable JIT?

JIT was the biggest feature built into android 2.2 and has remained since. Yes you vega on stock 2.2 has JIT. Disabling it will cause more problems than it solves, the only reason that feature was left in CM settings was for older phones that JIT didn't work well in, old phones like the G1...

Android is built now to run with JIT.

:rolleyes:Hmmm perhaps because the phone use is a G1 (running 2.3.3) upto a few days ago....
Will try to turn on JIT and see if the problems come back or not.

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Damn, this new build is smooth, runs real well. Some strange issue when i turn tab to portrait mode the lower half of the display dont respond. Some apps only work in portrait mode adfree, quadrant etc. I dont know i might be the only one. And personaly i liked the old buttons better or if we atleast could remove the gray square surronding the buttons

add.thebad

Apr 4, 2009
Lincoln UK
I like!!
Runs much smoother and i think the icons look nicer

Im having issues with wifi though i cant detect any networks. Any one else having issues?

turned it on and off a few times works fine now :)

Last edited:

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Its a shame that its so laggy on wake up. Also maps force close. these are the only issues for me. But the lag on wake up is beginnig to get to me. I also have a Toshiba Folio and its the same with Cm7 build there it runs smooth but on wake up its terrible. Maybe its just me that has this issue. Would be nice to know, but i doubt that i have always had it on Cm7 builds for Vega even on Apache builds.

iulipepe

Oct 19, 2010
Amsterdam
I have a problem watching HTML5 movies from web pages. When pressing on the movie windows the Loading appears and after 10 seconds I get the message Sorry this file cannot be played.

This also happens in other CM7-based roms.

Does anybody know a solution?

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
Really liking this one... Some observations so far:

* Some issues with softbuttons. After first install placing them at the top and bottom left caused issues with the keyboard (when on top, typing on the keyboard caused the notifications coming down and at the bottom left trying to hit the softbuttons made the notification bar pop up). Moving them to the bottom right and back to bottom left made things work again. No problems since that.

* Laggy at times. Somehow it just feels laggy. Especially noticable when typing on the keyboard but also when going through appdrawer, webbrowsers, etc. Just doesn't feel really optimized yet.

Trying to figure out if disabling surface dithering helps, seems to.

* No bluetooth? Also not when powering off and turning on again (as mentioned in the main thread). It tries to turn on but stays shut off...

* CPU governot settings in cyanogenmod settings not doing anything.

* Browser (at least dolphin HD and mini) sometimes locking and freezing the device. Not sure it it's the rom or the browser

All in all, very nice and battery leeft actually seems excelent as well! Cheers for all this!

Btw, can I use the touchscreen calibration tool in combination with CM7?

mad-murdock

Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
new build linked at first post. includes fullscreen override and disabling of lockscreen. also includes a new kernel by bumble-bee (not a mod, but just a merged cm7 patch)

dagrim1

Sep 1, 2008
new build linked at first post. includes fullscreen override and disabling of lockscreen. also includes a new kernel by bumble-bee (not a mod, but just a merged cm7 patch)

Cool, just flashed it and now rebooting...

Ight, booted fine in the end... Will give it a spin :)

Issues mentioned above (bluetooth, cpu governor) still not working but feels quite snappy at the moment...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What are nightly builds?
    Nightly builds are automated builds from latest cyanogenmod sources. they are not tested in deepth like RC's or stable versions. In most cases they work without any issues. Thats because all patches get reviewed before they are merged into sources - this way, merging of bad code doesnt happen very often.

Since vega does not have official nightly status yet, i do semi-official builds for you on a semi regular basis. We will get official nightlies, once bluetooth is working - but that is a pretty complicated issue.

Vendor vega
    The vendor vega is currently for Advent Vega and PoV Mobii devices. There might be more added later on.

Official nightly mirror
    http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=vega

Update 31.05.2011
    buildbot had a hdd crash, and it can take some more days until nightlies are back online. that long, i might post semi-official nightlies here.

mirror1: cm_vega_full_teamdesire-20110531-1412.zip size: 66M (68406215 bytes)
    mirror2: cm_vega_full_teamdesire-20110531-1412.zip md5sum: 3b8bb1c21cb7c992927566a609a8c21d

Nightly changelog
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=vega

Nightly install instruction
    Coming from another rom?
    • Do a full wipe in clockwork mod recovery
    • Install latest nightly build from here
    • Flash latest gapps from here
    • reboot
    • do the first-time-run-setup wizard
    • if you dont use gsm/phone, reboot to recovery and flash attached vega-phone-removal.zip - saves battery

Upgrading from older nightly?
    • Just flash latest rom from here in clockworkmod recovery
    • No need to wipe or flash gapps again, if you done on first install
    • In rare cases you will encounter bugs, noone else encounters - wipe then and do a fresh install
    • In at least 99% no wipe needed - there are known people not having wiped for at least half a year
    • Doing a nandroid backup before upgrading is always a wise idea, in case something goes wrong
    • if you dont use gsm/phone, flash attached vega-phone-removal.zip - saves battery
    • reboot to your updated rom and enjoy

Overclocking instructions
    use settings->cm settings->preformance->cpu settings to switch frequencies. optionally use setCPU and similar tools.

USB Host mode instruction
    to enable usb host mode for keyboard, mouse and other support, power device off. power it back on. once the screen gets lit, press and hold back key until device is booted (you see the homescreen or lockscreen). now you can connect various usb devices.

clockworkmod 3 for vega
    with nightly 61 and later, use rom manager to flash latest stable recovery.

List of known bugs
    This is a list of cm7 bugs specific to vega - i wont cover cm7 general bugs here, since they are covered on other places. Feel free to discuss them here, thats what this thread is for.

• no legacy a2sd yet - working on it
    • power->reboot->recovery doesnt work and power->reboot->bootloader should be removed

Removed Themes
    To save space, we had to remove the two cm included themes. If you want them, just download them here and install like any other app.
    mirror1: Cyanbread.apk size: 3.6M (3748359 bytes)
    mirror2: Cyanbread.apk md5sum: a6963767a063a888536bc470569dcb54

mirror1: Androidian.apk size: 4.0M (4192665 bytes)
    mirror2: Androidian.apk md5sum: 6657fa2e31c5a86ec5bdb03ac6e72a65

Removed Wallpapers
    To save space, we also removed CMWallpapers app. To reinstall them on data partition, download this app and install like any other app.

mirror1: CMWallpapers.apk size: 6.0M (6248124 bytes)
    mirror2: CMWallpapers.apk md5sum: b0d02c6eb75e39b7aa0b77e5cee20ace
    3g Testbuild for HUAWEI

Here it is: :)

CM7 Nightly Testbuild from 06. July 2011 with functional 3g and GPS for Tablets with the embedded HUAWEI EM770W card.
    mirror

This should also work with many Huawei USB-Dongles except GPS.

cu. Rebel1
    why no new nightly updates?
    well, for one, bumble-bee is still figuring out the bluetooth issue. i guess he has help from fun_... i myself got sick of it and remembered, why i prefer coding instead of hardware modifying... so i start to work on tablet tweaks again... doing this, i will post a test-build each day, which is also a nightly build. was busy the last days (busy weekend), but am looking forward to code the first part on monday - then i will build test-roms for all 3 tablet devices.

so its no use to build a new nightly today?

regards
    murdock
    In the last few updates in the My Apps section it shows no downloads. If I clear data for the market in settings - Applications then its ok for a short while but they eventually dissapear again. Does this happen for everyone?

sorry, I noticed when I fixed market purchase issue, I removed necessary line :(
    please try to add following line to /system/build.prop
    Code:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=161
    it should be fix asap...
    I hope you find some time to include the necessary code changes soon :)

I hope the same...

Sadly the link is down for the hacked nightly, can someone upload the 3g-test release somewhere please!?

Copy&Paste --> megaupload.com/?d=WOS1VK7I