Anki - Spaced Repetition Flashcards

Search This thread

bommor

Jun 18, 2009
Hey everyone,

I just got my fuze a couple months ago, started off with NATFs rom and am now flashing Genesis, but there was one thing that I thought was kinda odd: no one on this site has ever heard of Anki!

http://ichi2.net/anki/

Anki is awesome to learn stuff, but the biggest problem is that there is no WinMo developer. I don't know enough about it, but does anyone have any idea how hard/easy it would be to convert Anki to run on WinMo 6.1/6.5? Any suggestions? I know they have an online solution, but I dont want to pay for data :/

Thanks!
Bommor

bommor

Jun 18, 2009
Can someone point me in the right direction to start learning to program for Windows mobile? I do have C/Matlab experience, I think I can take a crack at it...

wadep389

Jun 13, 2008
ANki

The biggest problem you will face with WM development is the need for a professional version of visual studios. The express editions don't work for WM development...

Well the "Could" but its not worth the effort really.

Are you a student? you could check out dream spark to get a free copy of visual studio 2008.

If you are a business owner you could look into website spark.

-Paul

jjwoznia

Nov 15, 2008
Good news/bad news

So I know this thread hasn't been touched in a while. I plan on writing a winmo offline client for anki within the next few weeks because I need one for my classes. It will be dirty, crappy, slow, and crappy.....yeah......so if you are in need of a client, as soon as permission comes from the anki people, I will post a beta. Hopefully sooner than later. I am on break now, but my list of things I need to do is very long since I have two lab reports in my Mech.Eng. classes and 3 tests, it will take a while. Ok. Enjoy.

SweJap

Jan 13, 2010
So I know this thread hasn't been touched in a while. I plan on writing a winmo offline client for anki within the next few weeks because I need one for my classes. It will be dirty, crappy, slow, and crappy.....yeah......so if you are in need of a client, as soon as permission comes from the anki people, I will post a beta. Hopefully sooner than later. I am on break now, but my list of things I need to do is very long since I have two lab reports in my Mech.Eng. classes and 3 tests, it will take a while. Ok. Enjoy.

I would appreciate if you could release a beta version. I study Japanese so it will come in handy ;)

Hopefully more people could work on it. Maybe even can give you a hand in the future because gonna start study Java programming soon :)

jjwoznia

Nov 15, 2008
I already have permission from the Anki creator to make a winmo version based on the same code. For now it will be called WManki. I will start coding at the end of this coming week, so don't expect a beta until about march 13. I never written anything on this scale before, so it will be a long project. After the first beta I will start asking around for help. It will be opensource, but I won't release the source until after the first non beta release. I have a certain way of creating code, and if I let people change things before a full release, it will cause tons of problems. But until then, just be patient. Thanks for showing an interest.

uberkes

May 2, 2010
Progress

Hi, can I ask at what stage the programming of WManki is right now? WM support is something that Anki really needs :)

Thanks

_Owen_

Nov 29, 2009
If you're still working on this, I'd just like to say thanks now! I'd love to be able to use Anki on my mobile.