First short seeking goes to the beginning of the video

Search This thread

bennyhillthebest

Oct 17, 2015
Bug report: 1.9.3 on Shield TV has bugs when rewinding

Latest MX Player version has problems when rewinding on Shield tv with latest stock nougat image. After some playback time if i rewind back the video, the app rewinds 10 minutes instead of 10 seconds, and then if i try rewinding another time the app rewinds correctly 10 seconds. If i resume a video and try rewinding 10 seconds the app goes back to the beginning of the video. Here's the report: www97 zippyshare com/v/g3vHDNjh/file.html thanks for everything!

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Latest MX Player version has problems when rewinding on Shield tv with latest stock nougat image. After some playback time if i rewind back the video, the app rewinds 10 minutes instead of 10 seconds, and then if i try rewinding another time the app rewinds correctly 10 seconds. If i resume a video and try rewinding 10 seconds the app goes back to the beginning of the video. Here's the report: www97 zippyshare com/v/g3vHDNjh/file.html thanks for everything!

does it happen every time or only at a specific location? can you collect another bug report immediately after a 10min jump?
in the logs, all rewind operation has moved to by 10sec.

aelfwine88

Jul 1, 2016
I'm using MX Player Pro NEON 1.9.3 right now on Android 7 and have a strange issue with seeking:
Whenever I start to play a video (or resume one) the first hit to the left or right arrow (using keyboard or receiver) makes the player to jump to the beginning of the video. If I push and hold the arrows it doesn't do this, the player start to seek as it suppose to. If I once do a seeking this way the "one hit" seeking starts to working properly again and the player seeks 10sec for 1 hit backward or forward without a problem.

This could be really annoying if I start to watch something and I want to go backward 10sec for rewatch -> the video jumps to the beginning. :(

Any idea how to fix this would be appreciated.

Logfile:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwbwmw-h6jLOdm5uSjgzcFl1WnM

Last edited:

usn.ZeroGravity

Jan 3, 2013
This happens to me as well. It seems like when you seek the video it starts the seek by jumping to wherever you last seeked. So if you let the video play out and then seek it will jump to the beginning, or if you for example seek to 1 minute in and let the video play, then try to seek it will jump back to 1 minute in. This started happening after a recent update.

aelfwine88

Jul 1, 2016
This happens to me as well. It seems like when you seek the video it starts the seek by jumping to wherever you last seeked. So if you let the video play out and then seek it will jump to the beginning, or if you for example seek to 1 minute in and let the video play, then try to seek it will jump back to 1 minute in. This started happening after a recent update.

That's exactly the same problem I have.
If I don't seek into the video with continuous keypress the first short keypress seek to any direction will jump to 0:00, it doesn't matter if I resumed the video to any certain point or played from the beginning.
If I do seek into the video with continuous keypress then for a while the short seek keypresses are working (jumps 10 sec in the required direction). But after a few minutes of playing if I press a short seek again it jumps back to the last continuous keypress location.

csiman1

Jul 30, 2017
Same problem here too - very annoying

on my android box using my harmony remote, if I press SEEK forward using my NEXT button, it jumps back to the beginning of the video (or last resumed position). Only started a day ago with the new release (Android).

DimeDrl

Apr 19, 2012
Same here, but I think the problem is being misexplained.

I'm using MX player on a sony bravia xbr55x700d on nougat. It seemed like the current position is sticking to the last place the player hud was active. I'm getting the same jump to start everyone is mentioning when I attempt to seek, but ONLY if don't pop up the menus first. If I do, then I can sell from my current position normally. Every time I try to seek, it goes to the last position that occurred due to a menu interaction. For some reason, the player's tracking is stuck wherever the last place the menu was accessed was.

I can scroll just fine as long as I remember to bring up the menu first. I hope this helps narrow down what code to investigate.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011

I'm using MX player on a sony bravia xbr55x700d on nougat. It seemed like the current position is sticking to the last place the player hud was active. I'm getting the same jump to start everyone is mentioning when I attempt to seek, but ONLY if don't pop up the menus first. If I do, then I can sell from my current position normally. Every time I try to seek, it goes to the last position that occurred due to a menu interaction. For some reason, the player's tracking is stuck wherever the last place the menu was accessed was.

I can scroll just fine as long as I remember to bring up the menu first. I hope this helps narrow down what code to investigate.

Hi,

We have fixed it internally. It will be fixed in the next update.

Reactions: oroboros74

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @csiman1 @m0ck69 @aelfwine88 @usn.ZeroGravity @bennyhillthebest

We are aware of the issue & our developers are working on it. hope it will be fixed on the next version.

Hi,

We have fixed it internally. It will be fixed in the next update.