[TOOL/UTILITY][CASUAL][NIGHTLIES][INSTABUILDS] CASUAL- NO You Verizon

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Hi guys, I wanted to try this database system, so I'm expanding upon this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2272066

Introduction
CASUAL will guide you through the process.   Put your device into “Developer Mode>USB Debugging”. Click the do it button.  If you experience a problem, PLEASE USE THE PASTEBIN button to post a log.  Just press Ctrl+L then Pastebin and fill out the information. 

Overview
You are expected to be STOCK.... Stock anything, but stock.  If you are not stock and have a custom recovery, this will cause you to only be able to flash back to stock using Odin or Heimdall.   Be stock.   You will need to download and execute the CASUAL application below.  Then click the Do It! button.  You need Java.  Do you have Java?.  The exploit was developed by Elite Recognized Developer Ralekdev and packaged by AdamOutler.

note: if it fails, try turning everything off and back on, then run it again before posting for help.

Windows 32/64 Users: CASUAL will put your device into Download Mode. It will automatically flash everything.  If drivers are required, jrloper's CADI (CASUAL Automated Driver installer) will handle it. Make sure you're connected to the internet. 
Linux 32/64/raspberry pi Users There may be a permission escalation in order to install heimdall, either way sit back and relax.  CASUAL automates the entire process.  
Please run the following in a terminal first:
Code:
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk dpkg
Mac Users: Mac works easier than any other system at the time of this  systems.   Please report problems.

Download
CASUALnightly No You Verizon!  Always use the highest revision with the latest date.  To run CASUAL you need Java. Do you have Java?
For nightly builds click here: http://goo.im/devs/AdamOutler/VZWGalaxyNote2

Help and Troubleshooting
Are you having a problem? First check this post out for remedial troubleshooting. .  If that doesn't fix it, then press CTRL+L,  press the Pastebin button, come back here and press CTRL+V to paste your log.  Don't hit the donate button, that doesn't fix it.  Donate only if you feel it's worth donating to.  Use CTRL+L and then hit Pastebin and paste the log here if you need help. 

Jailbreak video for Windows users only!
This video desmonstrates CASUAL used with Odin to flash the Galaxy Note 2 firmware. Thanks to DroidModderX. While the video uses an old version the procedure is mostly the same. 

Jailbreak video for LINUX only!
This video demonstrates the one-click CASUAL Linux Unlock method...  at 2AM.. so don't expect me to be cheerful. While the video uses an old version, the procedure is mostly the same. 

27zgm1l.png

About CASUAL
CASUAL stands for Cross-platform ADB Scripting, Univeral Android Loader.  CASUAL jar files are a wrapper for the CASUAL scripting language.  CASUAL allows rapid and accurate deployment of hacks and exploits.  At any time, if a serious problem is detected with any script, the kill-switch will be flipped and you will be brought to a support page (most likely here) so you can download the latest version. Otherwise for minor corrections, new CASUAL scripts can be deployed remotely.  

Updates
CASUAL provides updates WAAAAY quicker than Verizon.  As soon as I push an update to the Subversion repo it appears automatically in EVERY casual.  See below for the change log.

31July13: initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
CASUAL- NO You Verizon, a Tool/Utility for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
AdamOutler, jrloper, loglud

Version Information
Current Beta Version: No You Veriz
Beta Release Date: 2013-07-31

Created 2013-07-31
Last Updated 2013-08-02

Attachments

• 27zgm1l.png
    27zgm1l.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 136

idkwhothatis123

Oct 16, 2010
couldnt get the latest nightly to fully load. recog device connection but the do it wouldnt work because the top of the app stayed on loading... please wait.

edit: diff build shows the top, but says disconnected on the bottom. fml

Last edited:

amoblox

Aug 16, 2012
Orange County
Last edited:

khfrekek

Dec 26, 2013
Hi,

I'm currently running Windows 8.1 64 bit and my phone is the Samsung Galaxy Note II android version 4.1.2 stock, model SCH-i605, and baseband version i605vramc3. After downloaded the latest nightly build, the .jar file opened and gave the following error in the application:

There was a problem while excuting the command.
C:\Users\Zack\AppData\Local\Temp\CASUALZack-2013-12-26-17.09.35\adbexe devices

Then it repeated this same error every second or so infinitely until the application was closed. It did this whether the phone was connected, disconnected, in USB debugging mode, in download mode, etc. I have tried everything and I continually get this same error with the "Do It' button greyed out and disabled.

Next I downloaded the previous two builds, and I found that the December 13 build did not get this error and actually found my phone. However, after I clicked "Do It" and confirmed the warning, It rebooted my phone into download mode like it is supposed to. My phone then went into download mode like usual. However, the CASUAL program then said:

looking for download mode devices..........................................................

And kept on looking without ever finding my phone, and every minute or so it came up with a prompt asking why it can't find my device. I also found that my phone would not exit this download mode without doing a battery pull.

Next I retried the entire process with both builds using (a) 3 different USB cords, (b) 3 different computers running windows 8.0 and 7, and (c)every possible USB port on each computer. These options all gave the same exact results.

I have tried everything I can think of but it is not working! :( Has anyone encountered this problem before or do you have any proposed solutions?

Thanks so much!
Zack

DaPitt84

Jan 8, 2008
Still can't figure it out.

http://pastebin.com/W3W1HwJi

I keep getting a libusb error -12 at the start and then it ends up failing.
Really need help here. Verizon was trying to force update me and I had to turn it off and go back to my old phone till I can get this done.

Spy26

Jan 29, 2009
BrickeD?

Hi guys.

I am certain I followed all instructions to the letter, but I have ended up rendering my Note 2 pretty much useless. CAUSAL informed that the device would be started in android but then the next thing my phone displayed was:

"System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help."

Can I restore my device to the previous state?

thanks

Spy26

Jan 29, 2009
Tried the second time around with CASUAL R570 and got error.

http://pastebin.com/Gpss6vtZ

UPDATE: Gave up hopes (for now) of rooting SCH-i605 running KitKat. Flashed stock rom and revived the device.

Last edited:

jheide44

Feb 3, 2013
mirror

Hosed my phone... infinite bootloop at sammy logo, couldn't get into recovery had to odin a stock image and start over... Had one hell of a time tracking down the casual jar file.

As of this moment the download link in this thread is bad.
the download link in THIS thread, now points to DevHost but the files are not the ~29MB jar file you expect. It is now a 3.5MB exe file that appears to be "shady as hell". All the other download decoy buttons at Dev-host take you to fake java update downloads and other seriously shady looking corners of the interweb.

Additionally goo.im is on holiday...

As such I have posted this temporary Mirror of the .jar file I had in my archives:
http://tweakedrom.com/Other_Files/Note_2.php
(The jar file MD5 appears to be the same as one the developer posted to Dev-Host.)

Outler, if you want me to take this mirror down just let me know.

Reactions: mutualexcrement

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I wanted to try this database system, so I'm expanding upon this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2272066

Introduction
    CASUAL will guide you through the process.   Put your device into “Developer Mode>USB Debugging”. Click the do it button.  If you experience a problem, PLEASE USE THE PASTEBIN button to post a log.  Just press Ctrl+L then Pastebin and fill out the information. 

Overview
    You are expected to be STOCK.... Stock anything, but stock.  If you are not stock and have a custom recovery, this will cause you to only be able to flash back to stock using Odin or Heimdall.   Be stock.   You will need to download and execute the CASUAL application below.  Then click the Do It! button.  You need Java.  Do you have Java?.  The exploit was developed by Elite Recognized Developer Ralekdev and packaged by AdamOutler.

note: if it fails, try turning everything off and back on, then run it again before posting for help.

Windows 32/64 Users: CASUAL will put your device into Download Mode. It will automatically flash everything.  If drivers are required, jrloper's CADI (CASUAL Automated Driver installer) will handle it. Make sure you're connected to the internet. 
    Linux 32/64/raspberry pi Users There may be a permission escalation in order to install heimdall, either way sit back and relax.  CASUAL automates the entire process.  
    Please run the following in a terminal first:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk dpkg
    Mac Users: Mac works easier than any other system at the time of this  systems.   Please report problems.

Download
    CASUALnightly No You Verizon!  Always use the highest revision with the latest date.  To run CASUAL you need Java. Do you have Java?
    For nightly builds click here: http://goo.im/devs/AdamOutler/VZWGalaxyNote2

Help and Troubleshooting
    Are you having a problem? First check this post out for remedial troubleshooting. .  If that doesn't fix it, then press CTRL+L,  press the Pastebin button, come back here and press CTRL+V to paste your log.  Don't hit the donate button, that doesn't fix it.  Donate only if you feel it's worth donating to.  Use CTRL+L and then hit Pastebin and paste the log here if you need help. 

Jailbreak video for Windows users only!
    This video desmonstrates CASUAL used with Odin to flash the Galaxy Note 2 firmware. Thanks to DroidModderX. While the video uses an old version the procedure is mostly the same. 

Jailbreak video for LINUX only!
    This video demonstrates the one-click CASUAL Linux Unlock method...  at 2AM.. so don't expect me to be cheerful. While the video uses an old version, the procedure is mostly the same. 

27zgm1l.png

About CASUAL
    CASUAL stands for Cross-platform ADB Scripting, Univeral Android Loader.  CASUAL jar files are a wrapper for the CASUAL scripting language.  CASUAL allows rapid and accurate deployment of hacks and exploits.  At any time, if a serious problem is detected with any script, the kill-switch will be flipped and you will be brought to a support page (most likely here) so you can download the latest version. Otherwise for minor corrections, new CASUAL scripts can be deployed remotely.  

Updates
    CASUAL provides updates WAAAAY quicker than Verizon.  As soon as I push an update to the Subversion repo it appears automatically in EVERY casual.  See below for the change log.

31July13: initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    CASUAL- NO You Verizon, a Tool/Utility for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    AdamOutler, jrloper, loglud

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: No You Veriz
    Beta Release Date: 2013-07-31

Created 2013-07-31
    Last Updated 2013-08-02
    mirror

Hosed my phone... infinite bootloop at sammy logo, couldn't get into recovery had to odin a stock image and start over... Had one hell of a time tracking down the casual jar file.

As of this moment the download link in this thread is bad.
    the download link in THIS thread, now points to DevHost but the files are not the ~29MB jar file you expect. It is now a 3.5MB exe file that appears to be "shady as hell". All the other download decoy buttons at Dev-host take you to fake java update downloads and other seriously shady looking corners of the interweb.

Additionally goo.im is on holiday...

As such I have posted this temporary Mirror of the .jar file I had in my archives:
    http://tweakedrom.com/Other_Files/Note_2.php
    (The jar file MD5 appears to be the same as one the developer posted to Dev-Host.)

Outler, if you want me to take this mirror down just let me know.