[COMP]Google N1 vs HTC Desire

Search This thread

DarkVasyaK

Dec 28, 2009
So, what do you think about this battle?) Who'll win?
The only things that I don't like in N1 are: display with strange colour rendition, camera which is pink maniak (hey, like pink panther) and silent ring.
Will these thing be removed in HTC Desire?

Or maybe it's better to wait for Samsung Wave (super AMOLED display:rolleyes:, but strange OS)

Ryanmo5

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 20, 2008
Goodyear
Honestly the Desire imo, fm radio, wm playback and ram/rom are just a few of the things that make it ahead of the N1 for me.

z3ntn3l

Oct 3, 2008
For me, the N1 is clearly the better Phone with the Noice Cancellation and way faster Software/Firmware-Support from Google.
I will never again use a Phone with Sense because of the lazy HTC-Support.

I believe the Community-Support will be much better for the N1, just look whats done so far. It was a nice Idea from Google to gave the N1 to many Android-Software-Developres for free.

And my personal Opinion: I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw a picture from the Desire at MWC. It looks much cheaper in real life than on the leaked Promo-Shots from last year. For me, the N1 looks better.

jeezus

Jul 19, 2006
Nokia
Currently have a N1, but "broke" it (still working, apart from few sensors),
with the insurance money, I will buy a Desire, since it will be available here.
No contenst unless theyll start also selling N1 straight to Finland.

HW buttons are better, going to miss notification led thou. And will cry if fastboot unlock is disabled.

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham
It's not a case of which one is better, the desire will sell more purely because it's avaliable in store and it's avaliable on all 5 UK Networks.

People can walk into a store not knowing who HTC are and walk out with a Desire, for the Nexus you have to be specifically wanting the Nexus and then go online and pay a lot of money to get one shipped over.

mbomberz1

Dec 21, 2008
Is it common for people to remove the sense UI from android phones and run a more stock style android interface? Is this easily done with a phone like the Desire in the near future? Im on WinMo now with my Raph/Fuze and just tired of dealing with the HTC interface, hate windows too. Been using the android port for the last few months and love it. Im just stuck trying to decide between getting a nexus or the Desire whenever it will be available in the states. Plus i dont want the Sense UI, thats my main concern with the Desire.

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham
Is it common for people to remove the sense UI from android phones and run a more stock style android interface? Is this easily done with a phone like the Desire in the near future? Im on WinMo now with my Raph/Fuze and just tired of dealing with the HTC interface, hate windows too. Been using the android port for the last few months and love it. Im just stuck trying to decide between getting a nexus or the Desire whenever it will be available in the states. Plus i dont want the Sense UI, thats my main concern with the Desire.

What are your reasons for not wanting Sense UI?

OnlinePredator

Feb 6, 2009
I'm thinking the desire may be better quality build (minus the dust prob and hardware buttons which some may view as a plus or minus, I having lived with capacitive buttons for a year, despise them). Although I would much prefer the option to have either sense or the standard android, and as I'm not familiar with android and their homescreens, is this possible on a stock desire rom?

From what I can tell, sense is mostly just a theme along with widgets, so change the theme and then don't use the widgets right?

mbomberz1

Dec 21, 2008
What are your reasons for not wanting Sense UI?

Well i have not actually used Sense, just some of the Roms on my Fuze that try to mimic it. It might just be the Windows Mobile underlying that makes me hate the HTC skin, im just annoyed with it all. Using the stock android on my phone, even with the odd glitches here and there due to the early port, leaves me feeling much more free and happier with my phone.

OnlinePredator

Feb 6, 2009
I'm thinking nexus, purely as I don't want to root my device (hehehe root my device.....)

Although I do prefer the optical trackpad and the hardware buttons.......grrr hard decisions...

BoostedSR20

For me, it will come down to which one I can get AT&T 3G on. The phones are almost identical, and I will surely root/flash it, so the stock ROM won't matter. I do think the Nexus looks better, and will probably get better support from Google.

OnlinePredator

Feb 6, 2009
Motoroi is looking better than both at the moment though......except of course looks lol. But with hdmi out, 720p recording and 8mp camera with xenon flash.....v.nice! Wonder if they seriously think a 550mhz chip will suffice though?

Last edited:

BoostedSR20

Top Liked Posts