FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] The Generic SD Issue (READ FIRST)

410 posts
Thanks Meter: 340

By KingAmir, Senior Member on 29th September 2012, 10:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2013, 08:58 AM |#21  
Flag Makassar
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Nice guide maby we need it to stickied.. im will try it
The Following User Says Thank You to boorhanns For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boorhanns Ad-Free
11th February 2013, 08:26 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cool guide!!

Prefeer to use originals! jajajaja
12th February 2013, 09:54 PM |#23  
Flag Samarinda
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Wow nice info. This very help for me. Thanks
14th February 2013, 02:58 PM |#24  
Neverland
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Re: [GUIDE] The Generic SD Issue (READ FIRST)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftone

5) The "Write Protected" Issue

i'm stuck with the issue above.. silly me, i never thought about file attribute under properties.. yet i just pressume the my microSD has physical damage..

it solved all my 7 microSD.. thanks

Sent from my XT530
1st March 2013, 11:49 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Smile
very useful information you provided mate...thanks a lot
4th April 2013, 09:04 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Database dodgy stuff
From my own experience, I've found card readers are the culprits. Multi card readers and cheap card readers.

I now only bother to access memory cards using either my Sony Nex 5 camera, or my Samsung phone.

Sure cheap bogus SD cards can be a nightmare, but I've found it's 99% of the time the card readers. Just my own experience of going through about ten cheap multi card readers.
6th April 2013, 08:50 PM |#27  
Flag PATI

More
Talking
nice Guide sir,, This is very helpful
8th April 2013, 02:45 AM |#28  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Angry No counterfeits?
IDK, but half the cards I buy are counterfeits. Maybe you could mention them in case some people still have a cold ear.

Like, where to get counterfeit cards, how to "repair them" (assigning them their right size), how to address the seller, etc

Laters!
9th April 2013, 01:25 AM |#29  

More
This very help for me. Thanks
14th April 2013, 05:18 PM |#30  
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Could problem be 4.2.2?
Hello, thank you for posting on this topic. I have a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II (rooted, CyanogenMod 10.1 4/13 Nightly t0ltetmo) and a Sandisk Ultra 64gb XC1 MicroSD Card. I am running TWRP 2.5 recovery. My SD Card worked fine until I did a clean flash of AOKP Build 6, t0lte. After that, my card was no longer recognized by my phone once booted. When I try to mount the card I get "SD Card Blank or Has Unsupported Filesystem" error. My PC still reads the card with the adapter and disk management in Windows 7 shows a healthy drive (exFAT). I have run check disk with no errors. I can read and write to card in Windows, no problem. Even TWRP reads card. Only problem is once I boot into 4.2.2, card is not read. I have backed up and reformatted card as well. I thought maybe it was the Rom so I switched to Cyanogen 4.2.2 but still have same problem.

Is this a problem with the new 4.2.2 Roms not playing nice with this type of card or is there something wrong with my card?

I am thinking of going back to 4.1 but I really, really like the new JB. I am hoping I can keep the Rom and get my card to work with it. Hope I did this right. Would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks

** I think my card is defective. Tried putting it in a couple of other phones and it doesn't work with them either. Tried different cards on my phone and they do work. Heading to Best Buy to see if they will honor warranty or I might have to contact Sandisk directly Thanks anyway, guys.
19th April 2013, 09:50 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
thanks.... this helped.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
guide

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)