[DEV][WIP] Jelly Bean / CM10.1 (4.2.2) Alpha 2 - 3.1 kernel - Last Update 30.05.2013

Search This thread

matthewharmon102

Dec 18, 2009
London
www.mattharmon.co.uk
I take no responsibility for this procedure to rollback to previous firmware - and give no warranty it will work: use it at own risk:
  1. Boot recovery-cwm-CM10-A3.img via fastboot boot command (don't flash)
  2. Use wipe/factory or whatever it is called from main menu [step could be possibly omitted]
  3. Adb sideload formatsd.zip to restore 4.1 partition layout [or to simply format those]
  4. Wipe/factory [as well as wipe everything in wipe menu - in case something survived]
  5. Adb sideload from 4.1 A2 to A5 (about 3 minutes per load) [possibly only A5 could be installed]
  6. Press Reboot
  7. Install everything (like gapps) after first start and configuring

2 problems here:
1. wipe/format in recovers gives 2 mount errors. 1 for /data, and 1 for /sdcard/android secure
2. when sideloading zip, i just get device offline error. if i look at the list of devices (adb devices) i can see my device, but it says offline. how do i get the device online?
how do i boot recovery via fastboot? not heard of this before! (i guess its something like 'fastboot boot recovery')

Last edited:

*Sami

Feb 3, 2013
2 problems here:
1. wipe/format in recovers gives 2 mount errors. 1 for /data, and 1 for /sdcard/android secure
2. when sideloading zip, i just get device offline error. if i look at the list of devices (adb devices) i can see my device, but it says offline. how do i get the device online?
how do i boot recovery via fastboot? not heard of this before! (i guess its something like 'fastboot boot recovery')
Sideload works with previous recovery that can be booted by command: fastboot boot <image.img>

Last edited:
Reactions: matthewharmon102

matthewharmon102

Dec 18, 2009
London
www.mattharmon.co.uk
As written previously I take no responsibility for this procedure to rollback to previous firmware - and give no warranty it will work: use it at own risk:
  1. Would ignore, besides You still haven't boot into recovery-cwm-CM10-A3.img recovery
  2. Sideload works with recovery-cwm-CM10-A3.img [it's 6.0.15?] - which You can boot (without flashing) by command: fastboot boot recovery-cwm-CM10-A3.img (as well as any other image)

ok, got the image to boot and have transferred formatsd.zip. now if i do a format it doesnt show the /data error (the /sdcard/android.secure error is still there, but I dont have an SD card inserted)

now just transferring alpha2 to alpha 5. I guess after transferring alpha 5 I can then transfer 4.2.2 alpha 1 in the same way?

*Sami

Feb 3, 2013
ok, got the image to boot and have transferred formatsd.zip. now if i do a format it doesnt show the /data error (the /sdcard/android.secure error is still there, but I dont have an SD card inserted)
There is external and internal SD card - I assume You mean internal one. Anyhow, I prefer sideload as not only using this method one don't have to have an SD card, but it takes overall less time to push those commands instead of selecting update file, copying etc.

now just transferring alpha2 to alpha 5. I guess after transferring alpha 5 I can then transfer 4.2.2 alpha 1 in the same way?

In terms of sideload - yes, although You will still have to follow installation steps (wiping etc.). Nevertheless, if You consider moving to 4.2 A1 - I personally suggest sticking to A5 (tablet UI, from my experience no SoD or keyboard spell-check issue).

Reactions: matthewharmon102

matthewharmon102

Dec 18, 2009
London
www.mattharmon.co.uk
There is external and internal SD card - I assume You mean internal one. Anyhow, I prefer sideload as not only using this method one don't have to have an SD card, but it takes overall less time to push those commands instead of selecting update file, copying etc.

In terms of sideload - yes, although You will still have to follow installation steps (wiping etc.). Nevertheless, if You consider moving to 4.2 A1 - I personally suggest sticking to A5 (tablet UI, from my experience no SoD or keyboard spell-check issue).

I don't have an external SD card inserted. I think I will stick to A5 for now, having read through some of the comments it seems a little unstable.

thanks for the help!

m32

Jul 10, 2007
Szczecin
after flashing this version fdisk shows missformatted partition table but it works :)
localhost / # cat /proc/partitions
179 0 15552512 mmcblk0
179 1 524288 mmcblk0p1
179 2 1048576 mmcblk0p2
179 3 2048 mmcblk0p3
179 4 8192 mmcblk0p4
179 5 12644864 mmcblk0p5
179 6 5120 mmcblk0p6
179 16 1024 mmcblk0boot1
179 8 1024 mmcblk0boot0

localhost / # df
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 516040 364136 151904 71% /system
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 1032088 87736 944352 9% /cache
/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 4128448 1356096 2772352 33% /data

localhost / # fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0

Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 15.9 GB, 15925772288 bytes
4 heads, 16 sectors/track, 486016 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 64 * 512 = 32768 bytes

Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0 doesn't contain a valid partition table

And biggest problem, at last at my device - 384MB ram - curious, this device has more ram
localhost / # free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 354864 344284 10580 0 52252
-/+ buffers: 292032 62832
Swap: 0 0 0

derartem - compilling isn't as easy as configure + make, can u provide simple instruction, howto rebuild this version from source ?

leolias

Apr 28, 2011
Sevilla
Re: [DEV][WIP] Jelly Bean / CM10.1 (4.2.2) Alpha 1 - 3.1 kernel - Last Update 17.02.2

First thanks again for your work, all I can say is WOW:eek: smooth and fast.
Installed and internal sdcard didn't work, but reboot recovery, format it and works again.
Sometimes hangs in reboot or power down.
No wifi issues by the moment.

daveheart14

Jan 19, 2011
foliowiki.dafun.com
Hello,

I guess it should not be impossible to install the Folio. The data part of Ubuntu touch is installed on a based CyanogenMod.
But for now, this is not so, this is just a demonstration and not a rom for daily use.
It is installed in multiboot on the n7, 30 minutes to go around, can not wait to see the result because it is really promising.
Maybe in a few months.....

swimmer 4

May 29, 2011
pc-hardware.be
Re: [DEV][WIP] Jelly Bean / CM10.1 (4.2.2) Alpha 1 - 3.1 kernel - Last Update 17.02.2

Is Ubuntu Touch possible on our Folio 100 ?¿

Normally is it not so dificult to port ubuntu touch from android. Here is the guide how to port it. They say it also on xda
Maybee DerArtem will port it. Or someone else.

Sent from my LT15i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

miazza

Apr 5, 2009
What to say.... Simply favolous.:)
Thanks for existing

miazza

Last edited:

matthewharmon102

Dec 18, 2009
London
www.mattharmon.co.uk
Avoided poor internet connection

I have an issue with this build. At home it connects to the WiFi fine, but i took it to a friends house and tried to connect it to the WiFi there and it says 'avoided poor internet connection. I have tried unticking the box in settings, turning the wifi on and off, resetting the router, disconnecting all other wifi devices, factory reset the tablet and tried some apps on play store that claim to fix it. I didnt have this issue on previous builds

uc370

Sep 16, 2008
For reducing SOD i use an apk called WAKE LOCK thst gives u several option for mantaining the folio alive... works perfect!!

miazza

Apr 5, 2009
I have an issue with this build. At home it connects to the WiFi fine, but i took it to a friends house and tried to connect it to the WiFi there and it says 'avoided poor internet connection. I have tried unticking the box in settings, turning the wifi on and off, resetting the router, disconnecting all other wifi devices, factory reset the tablet and tried some apps on play store that claim to fix it. I didnt have this issue on previous builds

The Wi-fi issue is the same also in 4.1.2. I don't know why but it is sufficient to reboot and it starts.
I have another issue on my folio, the keybord is closing even if I'm still typing. Am I alone ?

miazza

stefannsv

Mar 29, 2006
Egglkofen
Hello together,

I only wish a rom thats work 100% on the folio...

When I want that my folio going sleep, it going sleep. Not only for a while, but rather so long that I want!
When I want to connect with my WLAN, it connect me with my WLAN. Not so long as the Folio want, but rather so long that I want!

What Advance we have with all the new features, when nothing works for 100%??

Sorry for my worst english, but I only want say what bothers me...

for example, my akku shows 80%, I press the Power Button. I think the Folio goes sleep...but when I turn the Folio on after 5 hours the akku is empty!! that sucks..

next example, i connect me with my WLan. Press the Power-Button, the Folio go in "Half-Sleep" and after push Pwoerbutton aigan, the Folio don't wake up or left the WLan-Connection and I can't connect to it, unless a reboot...

Please make a Rom, that W O R K S..thats my only Wish :) :angel:

miazza

Apr 5, 2009
Hello together,

When I want that my folio going sleep, it going sleep. Not only for a while, but rather so long that I want!
When I want to connect with my WLAN, it connect me with my WLAN. Not so long as the Folio want, but rather so long that I want!

for example, my akku shows 80%, I press the Power Button. I think the Folio goes sleep...but when I turn the Folio on after 5 hours the akku is empty!! that sucks..

next example, i connect me with my WLan. Press the Power-Button, the Folio go in "Half-Sleep" and after push Pwoerbutton aigan, the Folio don't wake up or left the WLan-Connection and I can't connect to it, unless a reboot...

Hello stefannsv,

I just say that this is a developer forum and everithing is done for hobby and nothing is due.
I like the job of people that is maintaining in life our folio.
Please note that with original ROM there are severall App that could not be used because requesting ICS ...

Of course there are several bugs but it is an Alpha 1 (not even a Beta) ... if you use it you will need to accept bugs...

Most of the unofficial ROM on this forum have bugs that are never solved 100 %, this is some times because developers are not doing this for job but only as a Hobby ... just for fun...

Ciao

miazza

leolias

Apr 28, 2011
Sevilla

Hello together,

It is easy, please stay at stock rom and complain Toshiba developers, they earn money and they let the stock rom with a lot of issues. Thanks to dartem and nopy we have an abandoned device working in 4.2.2, all apps for daily use works for me, better than in stock rom, and they share their work for free!! Some little bugs for me, and this one is an alpha release!!

roglio

Sep 29, 2006
Ok, so far so good! This new port is great! I did some test and found the same issues already notified: SOD, keyboard disappearing.
No other outstanding issues: wifi works rock solid.

Maybe in the next release I hope there will be the tablet mode by default (160 dpi instead of 120). Btw, I'll try to modify it by myself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.2.2 / Jelly Bean for Toshiba Folio 100

This is the current state of CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Toshiba Folio 100

READ THIS:

This version used a different partition layout from all previous ROMs. The /sdcard partitions is now emulated on the /data partition like on all current ROM's.
    All your data will be lost when updating to this ROM. You will also have to reformat the /data partition our you will have issues.

If your device should not boot after formating the partion and flashing everything then go to recovery and format the data and media partition again.

DOWNLOAD:

Alpha 2:

cm-10.1-20130530-UNOFFICIAL-betelgeuse.zip

MD5: c368ffb6330f469032c49b39ce78f233

Changes:
    * Fixed 3G connectivity
    * Upsteam CM fixes

Alpha 1:

cm-10.1-20130217-UNOFFICIAL-betelgeuse.zip

MD5: 0239505b69312c082b70404c2f839ca9

Recovery:

recovery-cwm-CM10.1.zip

MD5: 50ea4efaf05a2c5ba61cf92c406788a7

GOOGLE APPS:

Please download the last non-neon gapps from here:

http://goo.im/devs/tonyp/non-neon-gapps

SOURCE CODE:

The git tree is here:
    https://github.com/DerArtem/android_device_toshiba_betelgeuse
    https://github.com/nopy/android_device_toshiba_betelgeuse

Kernel sources:
    https://github.com/DerArtem/android_kernel_toshiba_betelgeuse

Things that work:
    • Kernel 3.1 - rel-15r7
    • HQ Video acceleration
    • Audio over Speaker
    • Audio over Headset
    • Audio over HDMI
    • HDMI Video
    • Camera - reported as front and back camera
    • 3D acceleration
    • LP0 Suspend
    • Wakeup from LP0 Suspend
    • Internal USB
    • USB Host Port
    • Acceleration Sensor
    • Power Button
    • Volume Keys
    • Touch Screen
    • Wifi
    • Brighness regulation
    • Internal and external SD
    • Vibrator
    • miniUSB Hotplug
    • Docking station
    • Audio jack switch
    • Internal microphone (sound is little quite yet)
    • Touch Buttons
    • Voice and Data connections using Huawei 3G dongles (UMTS only)

Things that don't work yet:
    • Bluetooth
    • A2DP Audio over Bluetooth
    • SCO Audio over Bluetooth
    • Digital Compass (Android lib not finished yet - Kernel part finished)
    • Remote control - initial support added - need more inventigation
    • Power cable plug detection can take up to 10 seconds
    • Device may hang during reboot / shutdown - long press the power button to shut it down

Installation:
    Install the correct recovery using fastboot or zip file.
    Copy everything on the the SD card and install the ROM using the recovery.

You must do a full wipe and format the data and media partition (/sdcard) before installing the ROM using CWM recovery.

Do a full wipe before installing this ROM the first time.

Credits:
    DerArtem
    Nopy
    The Cyanogenmod Team
    The other Tegra Dev Teams where we have borrowed code (Adam, GTab, Vega, AC100)
    And everybody else who I might have forgotten.

If you like this ROM please don't hesitate to hit the donate and thanks button.

The build target for Folio 100 was submitted upstream to Cyanogenmod:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/22586/
    The Toshiba Folio 100 was merged into upstream Cyanogenmod. Official builds will be available soon.
    New version up

Hello,

I have uploaded a new version with a 3G fix and upsterem CM fixes.
    Have fun :)
    fix recent used app's button only for CM10.1 (4.2.2) alpha 2

Hello folio owners

I did manage to make a tablet ui update.zip only for CM10.1 (4.2.2) alpha 2 and this also solves the problem with the recent app's button
    It places the soft buttons in the under left corner
    You can download it here
    Here is a screenshot
    If you do not like the change you can remove it whit this restore.zip
    Use recovery to add the update
    Hit the thanks button if you like my update.zip

Have Fun

Highpoiss