[q] android 4.4.2 rooted with superboot, but without recovery installation :(

Search This thread

Ravin89

Jun 12, 2014
]I have unlocked bootloader in my Moto G. then through superboot i have rooted the device. So iam basically on stock, no recovery was installed. I would like to install CWM recovery and then cyanogenmod 11. Please guide me on it

Last edited:

ToastnButter

Sep 23, 2011
Rybnik/Kraków
]I have unlocked bootloader in my Moto G. then through superboot i have rooted the device. So iam basically on stock, no recovery was installed. I would like to install CWM recovery and then cyanogenmod 11. Please guide me on it

Reboot your device into bootloader mode.
Download a recovery of your choice, and a tool called fastboot.
Put the *.img file of your recovery (preferably TWRP 2.7.1.0) in the same folder as fastboot.
Open cmd.exe in the folder, enter: fastboot flash recovery [filename].img
You're set.

Ravin89

Jun 12, 2014
Reboot your device into bootloader mode.
Download a recovery of your choice, and a tool called fastboot.
Put the *.img file of your recovery (preferably TWRP 2.7.1.0) in the same folder as fastboot.
Open cmd.exe in the folder, enter: fastboot flash recovery [filename].img
You're set.

so the root doesnt matter at all, right? then i can continue with cyanogenmod installation right?

so the root doesnt matter at all, right? then i can continue with cyanogenmod installation right?

If you'd like to use any custom ROM, device rooting becomes important!

Do as above, personally I prefer ClockWork Mod 6.0.4.7-falcon, but that's merely a particular that is not important.

Once in bootloader,

Hold left shift, right click on folder (or empty space inside the folder) were recovery.img (XXXX.img) is and create a .bat (batch file)

COPY COPY COPY COPY COPY COPY below

::Set our default parameters
@ECHO off

echo. This is a Full Restore and will completely
echo. wipe your phone to stock you will lose
echo. all files on the device
echo. ---------------------------------------------
pause
SET fastboot=fastboot.exe
%fastboot% flash recovery 6047falcon.img - RENAME
pause

COPY COPY COPY COPY COPY COPY above

copy this (ensure you have installed everything else ADB Driver & have fastboot.exe, AdbWinUsbApi.dll, AdbWinApi.dll in the folder)

Rename the above recovery to whatever yours is called,

Run batch file, mine always complains that partition size is a mismatch, nonetheless it works fluidly.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Ignore full restore text, this bat / script file will not wipe anything

Last edited:

Ravin89

Jun 12, 2014
CWM works great. flashed with falcon image. then installed cyanogenmod snapshot for moto g. its not good, crashes and battery drain. switched to vanilla android with root.