[ROM] [Samsung SGH-i600] WM 6.5.3 (Build 23137) by PsyClip-R

Search This thread

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
Hey guys !
Recently i have built a newer build of 6.5.3.23137 for Samsung i600. It's not tested now cause i've a 64bit Windows 7, and where's no driver available for 64bit 7. So i'm asking you to test and report for problems !

The main change is Titanium experience ! Also as many asked me i have installed YouTube and Ateksoft CoolCamera (unfortunelly only russian language interface) Need good english and polish translations

Also pay atentions that phncan.dll aka PhoneCanvas where deleted due to graphical problems
Adobe Flash Light didn't word at all so i've deleted it to.

PDA_i600_ChristmasEdition.zip

Thanx for all and waitin for quick reports !

Last edited:

thorn_pl

Jul 29, 2009
Lubin
HTC Desire
HTC One (m7)
screens

sshot000b.png
sshot001o.png
sshot002ow.png

Last edited:

hakakou

Jun 5, 2011
Camera?

UPDATE: The camera did not work, but now its ok with a hard reset. But I have the following issues:

1) Changing the ring tone from the start menu, after clicking save I get error "cannot save setting".

2) When in english language, in the start menu instead of the word "Settings" i see "Nastroiki"

Last edited:

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
build problems

The camera will not work with other language than En-Us because of there's no mui files in this build.
Desided not to add in a reason of:
  • there's no Polish mui (0415)
  • There's no Ukrainian mui (0422)

But i promise to add all of them when i will done the translation mui files.

Also i need help with creation of changing keyboard layout menu.
FE like PY8 did with boot animation, sms other settings etc.

What's about "Nastroiki". I will correct this bug.
It's an old bug (from Shabudabu builds). There were no possibility to translate that card, that's why he overwritten xml file. This problem does not resolves with choosing another MUI language.

Transparent bar is real for BJ. But it's a huge work. Currently i have:
  • no time
  • no will
  • too little knowledge

Another problem with modifin' titanium/slidin' panels. Thorn_Pl reports 'bout the disability of modifin' panels order.

Last edited:

thorn_pl

Jul 29, 2009
Lubin
HTC Desire
HTC One (m7)
Also i need help with creation of changing keyboard layout menu.
Hi.
Maybe add Folder "Keyboard" in Start menu with 2* .reg files, eg: European_layout.reg and Ukrainian_layout.reg ?
Simple and easy ;)
Code:
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\e0010409\
European: MappingID 1040
Ukrainian: MappingID 1049

edit:
Desided not to add in a reason of:
  • there's no Polish mui (0415)
  • There's no Ukrainian mui (0422)
Polish MUI here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=943602
Best regards :)

Last edited:

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
I've done keyboard layout menu during the first start.

in a few days will release newer build. fixed problems with chome settings tab disp as "nastroiki", fixed some translation (still not full)

Last edited:

Tipika

Jan 5, 2008
It's possible to revert to the previous version after installing your rom?
Something like backup?

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
It's possible to revert to the previous version after installing your rom?
Something like backup?

What do you mean to a prev. ver. ?
All the files, settings etc ?
Or maybe you mean prev. OS build ?
In this case you can - all you need - just to reflesh your device with an older build that you have used before update

Tipika

Jan 5, 2008
both, restore the files and revert to the stock 6.0 ROM

and, how to flash this .bin?

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
Noticed that you fell back to the generic D3D driver (super slow). It took my some time to find a working D3D from TI as a file (not modules) - if you want to try, get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mkpquqq46xmij

yes tobbbie, i did that. you can find ti driver in windows folder
i haven't delete it in any of my builds.

as for me, generic driver is much more energy efficient. also it can be slow because it's not a module, just like it was with r2vs_wm6 driver 'til i've converted it to a module.
i can do menu to choose a driver.

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
How can you judge energy efficiency?
  • The driver does nothing until the time you ask for D3D actions. This hardly ever happens!
  • The performance of the TI driver is much(!) better than the generic MS driver (SW only). So I expect the MS driver to eat 100% CPU for a low performance while the TI driver lets the TI HW work that is designed to do that. Just pick the performance tests in the folder I listed.
  • You should not confuse "slow performance" (TI driver vs. generic driver) with "slow loading" (module vs. file). I would not care for the latter as you will hardly ever notice a difference.
Did you measure power consumption of the device while rendering D3D - with generic and with TI driver?

Have you any applications that actually USE the D3D interface and profit from the drivers? I have not seen any. I use that stuff on my old HTC devices (Tornado mostly) so they just have an OMAP 850) - so maybe it is different for the SGH-i600.

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
  • The driver does nothing until the time you ask for D3D actions. This hardly ever happens!
  • The performance of the TI driver is much(!) better than the generic MS driver (SW only). So I expect the MS driver to eat 100% CPU for a low performance while the TI driver lets the TI HW work that is designed to do that. Just pick the performance tests in the folder I listed.
  • You should not confuse "slow performance" (TI driver vs. generic driver) with "slow loading" (module vs. file). I would not care for the latter as you will hardly ever notice a difference.
Did you measure power consumption of the device while rendering D3D - with generic and with TI driver?

Have you any applications that actually USE the D3D interface and profit from the drivers? I have not seen any. I use that stuff on my old HTC devices (Tornado mostly) so they just have an OMAP 850) - so maybe it is different for the SGH-i600.

So you're a master of Samsung i600 development process ?

Maybe in your country it's a normal to talk in such way with ppl. but remember -- there's mental difference between you country and mine.

This make me confused !

Last edited by a moderator:

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
Hm, did not intend to be offensive, sorry if you feel pissed.

I wanted to evaluate your statement of energy efficiency regarding the TI driver - that is all. There is no reason to pull the work you have done and stop to share it with other SGH-i600 users. I don't have this device - so you punish the others and not me...

If you feel the need to discuss - let us do it via PM.

nickleby

Sep 28, 2008
Caracas

Actualy, I don't know which's the processor of the Samsung i600, and I don't know how much it differ from Omap1030, and of course I don't know how much they differ from Omap850 (besides frecuency), but the MS Driver really improve the FPS over D3DM. The MS Driver even let you to run some things on D3DM that the TI driver doesn't, and in my opinion the system doesn't lags or anything.

Here's 2 pictures of the D3DMDemo app (developed by TI), showing the performance of MS Driver and their driver (TI driver)....Of course the picture with the low FPS is using TI and the high FPS picture is using MS...

PsyClip-R, continue with your work! Glad to see you cooked a rom for your device using that build, mine is "taking dust" on the hard drive, I have no time for such things now! :D

Attachments

• TI.png
    TI.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 64
  • MS.png
    MS.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys !
    Recently i have built a newer build of 6.5.3.23137 for Samsung i600. It's not tested now cause i've a 64bit Windows 7, and where's no driver available for 64bit 7. So i'm asking you to test and report for problems !

The main change is Titanium experience ! Also as many asked me i have installed YouTube and Ateksoft CoolCamera (unfortunelly only russian language interface) Need good english and polish translations

Also pay atentions that phncan.dll aka PhoneCanvas where deleted due to graphical problems
    Adobe Flash Light didn't word at all so i've deleted it to.

PDA_i600_ChristmasEdition.zip

Thanx for all and waitin for quick reports !
    Screen Shot

please include Screen Shot
    use MTTY.exe to flash bin file, while the guide How to flash bin file can you look at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=1438320&postcount=3
    Basic cooking manual released !!! more in the first post