Android [GEARS] Boot Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gammaRascal

Apr 21, 2011
SoCal
*Important*

This thread is for discussion of the boot animations linked below - questions, complaints, comments, feedback etc.

If you have an idea for a boot animation or request? > Post it in this other thread only please <

Android [GEARS] *NO TAGS*

Preview Video <v.2>

Android [GEARS] is a replacement mod for the stock ANDROID loading logo animation with a touch of Honeycomb colors and flavor.

• Android Recovery animation - but flashy!
  • Animated Gears and eye candy! *heart pounding android luv (v.2)*
  • Tinted HC blue to be different than "recovery green"
  • Loops until tab is fully loaded

Should work on any cousins of the a500 running HC @1280x800: eg Eee Pad etc. Use at your own risk, however.

Android [GEARS] v.1>video by HarshReality<
Starting at the smallest size @4.2mb :
>Preview a single Android [GEARS] v.1 frame here<
>Download the Android [GEARS] v.1 boot animation attached below<

Android [GEARS] v.2 *with added snazzification*>video here<
A little fatter @4.7mb :
>Preview a single Android [GEARS] v.2 frame here<
>Download the Android [GEARS] v.2 boot animation attached below<

Want something different!? You have another option here: Acer a500 Boot Animation [CombBar v.1]

And three more here: Acer a500 Boot Animation [v.Clean, v.ACER & v.Full]

I hope you enjoy these (or at least the one you use) - I welcome any feedback. And if you have a moment, tell me which one you're using and why. If you're not an XDA member, sign-up already!

If you like my work, consider a donation. More to come - wallpapers, icons, boot animations - themes.

Android [GEARS] v.1 / v.2
bootanimation
by gammaRascal
for xda members & guests

Please do not redistribute without permission. Point your friends to this XDA thread to download :)
Want a custom Boot Animation for your ROM? Contact me!

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 4,399
  • 00000.jpg
    00000.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 5,774
  • bootanimation_v2.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 10,997
Last edited:

Johnny0906

May 30, 2011
Just tried it, it's very nice it lags a bit in the first second or two but then it's fine.

Very nice work bro!

jodiac

May 30, 2011
Dhaka
Can any one please provide me with simple step by step guide to apply these bootamination for my unrooted HC 3.1 Iconia A500?

gammaRascal

Apr 21, 2011
SoCal
Updated OP:

removed dropbox link and added Android [GEARS] v.2 as an attachment.

I dropped the bit depth down to 256k which cut out almost half the file size (from 9+mb down to 4+mb) Result = a much faster load with little noticeable difference in quality - (some might notice it but it's barely perceptible for the rest of us)

Johnny0906

May 30, 2011
Updated OP:

removed dropbox link and added Android [GEARS] v.2 as an attachment.

I dropped the bit depth down to 256k which cut out almost half the file size (from 9+mb down to 4+mb) Result = a much faster load with little noticeable difference in quality - (some might notice it but it's barely perceptible for the rest of us)

Im sure ill notice it ;)

Cheers mate!

karlkarloff

Jan 2, 2011
Boone, North Carolina
I was using one of your other boot animations (the Acer A500 Clean) but after seeing the gears, I had to go for it. Completely awesome, and a very easy way to give the old tablet a bit of a personalized touch. Thanks, you rock!

P.S. the extra snazziness scared me, I didn't know if I could handle that much awesomitude at one go, so I went for the V1.

Reactions: gammaRascal

gammaRascal

Apr 21, 2011
SoCal
Your V1 for those who are fond of 'try before you buy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xznysnalp2w

Cant get the hang of posting an actual video here (yet)

Awesome! Thanks for the video - I'll add the link to the OP :)

v2 is essentially the same but has a more of a double-pump /heart beat effect with a touch more zip and *does jazz-hands* Pizzazz!

v1 is definitely the 'toned' down version.

Thanks for all the kind words everybody - I'm happy to hear you're digging it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Important*

This thread is for discussion of the boot animations linked below - questions, complaints, comments, feedback etc.

If you have an idea for a boot animation or request? > Post it in this other thread only please <

Android [GEARS] *NO TAGS*

Preview Video <v.2>

Android [GEARS] is a replacement mod for the stock ANDROID loading logo animation with a touch of Honeycomb colors and flavor.

• Android Recovery animation - but flashy!
    • Animated Gears and eye candy! *heart pounding android luv (v.2)*
    • Tinted HC blue to be different than "recovery green"
    • Loops until tab is fully loaded

Should work on any cousins of the a500 running HC @1280x800: eg Eee Pad etc. Use at your own risk, however.

Android [GEARS] v.1>video by HarshReality<
    Starting at the smallest size @4.2mb :
    >Preview a single Android [GEARS] v.1 frame here<
    >Download the Android [GEARS] v.1 boot animation attached below<

Android [GEARS] v.2 *with added snazzification*>video here<
    A little fatter @4.7mb :
    >Preview a single Android [GEARS] v.2 frame here<
    >Download the Android [GEARS] v.2 boot animation attached below<

Want something different!? You have another option here: Acer a500 Boot Animation [CombBar v.1]

And three more here: Acer a500 Boot Animation [v.Clean, v.ACER & v.Full]

I hope you enjoy these (or at least the one you use) - I welcome any feedback. And if you have a moment, tell me which one you're using and why. If you're not an XDA member, sign-up already!

If you like my work, consider a donation. More to come - wallpapers, icons, boot animations - themes.

Android [GEARS] v.1 / v.2
    bootanimation
    by gammaRascal
    for xda members & guests

Please do not redistribute without permission. Point your friends to this XDA thread to download :)
    Want a custom Boot Animation for your ROM? Contact me!
    @gammaRascal - My apologies, on re-reading this complete thread I realise I was confusing it with one of your other threads"What Would You Like To See In A Boot Animation". In that thread you had given me some pointers to creating an animation and I now realise that it was most improper to dump an amateur animation in this thread of yours. I am going to delete it and possibly start a new thread where posters can submit their bootanimation efforts. Once more my apologies.
    Updated OP with v2.
    woooooooooohoooooooooo lush v2! Thanks for the new one, will be waiting for a new one from you with baited breath! You little legend ;)
    Thread closed - it's way past its sell-by date!