[HOW TO] Return to 100% stock 1.13.651.7 / ROM - Recovery - S-ON!

Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
This method will only work for people that have hboot 1.4. If you are on hboot 1.5, which is the Sprints latest OTA as of 8/18/2011 then this will not work for you! Warning, never accept OTA's!

I am writing this because I had to do it. I hosed my phone and could not get it to boot into OS. I did get it to boot into hboot, and fast boot. This will work if you can get that far.

1. Download the stock ROM ZIP image from here: Sprint Stock ROM Image v 1.1.3.651.7

2. Copy it to SD Card

3. Reboot phone into hboot mode by holding volume down and then press power. Keep volume down held until you boot into hboot mode.

4. In hboot mode the phone will scan the SD card with the image. Once it finds it will ask you if you want to update. Press "Power" to update.

5. Wait.... For a while. When it gets to "system" it will loop a few times. Its quite nerve wracking actually but after about 5 or 6 times it will complete.

6. Once the entire flash is complete it will prompt you to "press power to reboot." Press power and your phone will reboot to 100% stock ROM.

7. Once the phone has been flashed you will need to set the secure flag on the radio for S-ON to do this use "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" Make sure you are in fastboot menu. To do this power down and hold power down while powering up and select fastboot. I have attached the fast boot and adb files to the post.

**This has only been tested on with TeamWin recovery and phone was already at the v 1.13.651.7

Hit the THANKS button if I just helped you get back to square one! lol

Last edited:

Scott

Does this turn s on? Unroot?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

Does this method provides s-on

It unroots because you are returning to 100% stock image and recovery.

It does retain s-off. I thought it would turn s-on but it didint...

I am also not sure if you would need to rerun the S-off "fix" or if you could just flash teamwin recovery. Be cautious until I find out. I will pop in the revx chan and ask to see if what they think.

Reactions: andyniri

housry23

Sep 23, 2009
Springfield, OH
Just a FYI, the mode you boot into and let it scan the card for the PG86IMG is not recovery mode, but hboot. Not bashing because I appreciate the effort here scrosler, I am just trying to keep this as unconfusing(is that a word?) as possible, because recovery is actually Clockwork or TWRP.

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Just a FYI, the mode you boot into and let it scan the card for the PG86IMG is not recovery mode, but hboot. Not bashing because I appreciate the effort here scrosler, I am just trying to keep this as unconfusing(is that a word?) as possible, because recovery is actually Clockwork or TWRP.

^^^ This

An easy way to get into the bootloader is to download quick boot from the market.

Scott

Some phones shipped s-off so I imagine you could use that as an argument. I doubt they will fight you too hard.

Yep, they did. Thats why I am not worried.

Point taken. Post updated. If I have used the wrong word again please let me know. Very tired. havent slept since the release of s-off and twrp ;) Im sure you can understand that...

And no.. unconfusing is not a word... well it is because you just posted it but its not a recognized word. You could say "least confusing" in replace of your "unconfusing" lol

But either way, that was good catch. Thanks!

Last edited:

chlehqls

Jun 18, 2011
Toledo, OH
So with this, would I be able to send in my unit for repairs? I have camera freezing issues, so I may just bite the bullet and send it in soon.

Thanks for this!

Scoop003

Sep 6, 2010
Coos Bay, OR
Just a heads up for those looking to return, the AlphaRevX/Unrevoked method puts "revolutionary" above the S-off notation in hboot, so that might be a dead giveaway to Sprint that your phone didn't ship S-off. Best to get back to S-on to be safe.

will survive

Feb 28, 2010
Bellflower, CA (LBC)
getting this error:

(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.008s]
finished. total time: 0.008s

i'm pretty sure everything is installed correctly as far as drivers and sdk goes. just for good measure i uninstalled and reinstalled fastboot drivers from the revo wiki and the sdk. so when i go into the directory where the adb and fastboot files are, i enter "fastboot devices" and it sees my device... don't really know whats going on, not that i need to return phone, yet, but just want to learn to get it back to s-on just in case. a little frustrating right know. its gonna b a long night...

edit: i tried to run the revol s-off tool again and when i enter the beta key it says that my device software is not supported at this time... another road block.

Last edited:

chlehqls

Jun 18, 2011
Toledo, OH
Just a heads up for those looking to return, the AlphaRevX/Unrevoked method puts "revolutionary" above the S-off notation in hboot, so that might be a dead giveaway to Sprint that your phone didn't ship S-off. Best to get back to S-on to be safe.
I did this method and the Revolutionary logo up top went away. It does say S-OFF though, so we may be able to fool HTC in telling them that it was shipped that way.

I don't know. I rather just revert back to normal since I want to send this unit in for repairs soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method will only work for people that have hboot 1.4. If you are on hboot 1.5, which is the Sprints latest OTA as of 8/18/2011 then this will not work for you! Warning, never accept OTA's!

I am writing this because I had to do it. I hosed my phone and could not get it to boot into OS. I did get it to boot into hboot, and fast boot. This will work if you can get that far.

1. Download the stock ROM ZIP image from here: Sprint Stock ROM Image v 1.1.3.651.7

2. Copy it to SD Card

3. Reboot phone into hboot mode by holding volume down and then press power. Keep volume down held until you boot into hboot mode.

4. In hboot mode the phone will scan the SD card with the image. Once it finds it will ask you if you want to update. Press "Power" to update.

5. Wait.... For a while. When it gets to "system" it will loop a few times. Its quite nerve wracking actually but after about 5 or 6 times it will complete.

6. Once the entire flash is complete it will prompt you to "press power to reboot." Press power and your phone will reboot to 100% stock ROM.

7. Once the phone has been flashed you will need to set the secure flag on the radio for S-ON to do this use "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" Make sure you are in fastboot menu. To do this power down and hold power down while powering up and select fastboot. I have attached the fast boot and adb files to the post.

**This has only been tested on with TeamWin recovery and phone was already at the v 1.13.651.7

Hit the THANKS button if I just helped you get back to square one! lol
    This might sound like a ridiculous question, but can I simply run the ICS RUU-image instead of the older 1.13.651.7? I'm S-Off hboot 1.04, running CM 10.1 and having no ends of problems with the digitizer...was hoping to simply run the ICS RUU from bootloader then set S-On.

Thanks
    Yes. Here's a more up-to-date thread.

ramjet73
    Ok, I updated the op to include the S-ON command string. Big thanks to rtbluver for pointing that out!
    someone added a mirror to download 1.13.651.7 needed for Hboot 1.04 here.. just downloaded it now..

http://goo-inside.me/stock/shooter/ruu/1.13.651.7
    getting this error:

(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
    OKAY [ 0.008s]
    finished. total time: 0.008s

i'm pretty sure everything is installed correctly as far as drivers and sdk goes. just for good measure i uninstalled and reinstalled fastboot drivers from the revo wiki and the sdk. so when i go into the directory where the adb and fastboot files are, i enter "fastboot devices" and it sees my device... don't really know whats going on, not that i need to return phone, yet, but just want to learn to get it back to s-on just in case. a little frustrating right know. its gonna b a long night...

edit: i tried to run the revol s-off tool again and when i enter the beta key it says that my device software is not supported at this time... another road block.

What you need to do is run the RUU, then boot into fastboot, plug your phone into your pc, and then open a command prompt and direct it to your android-SDK/tools folder and type " fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" then hit enter. That should put you back on to S-ON.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App