Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

srinath2912

Jan 12, 2012
Tirupati, A.P
updater-script

hello guys:D
i too cooked well tuned stock rom using kitchen but the problem is with updater script:confused:
i tried to change parameters an make it a flashable zip.:)
but getting status 0 errors while flashing zip:eek:
and importantly the size of cooked rom is about 400mb
boot.img - 8 mb
system - 300 mb (approximate values)

ALL GUYS HELP ME AND HELP EACH OTHER TO MAKE SUCCESSFUL ROMS TO OUR DEVICES:angel:

Ygreck

Apr 9, 2012
Aachen
i think this is only to customise a stock-rom

this didn't help porting, for example, cm7 to new devices, or...?

irberserk

Jun 13, 2012
Palermo
i too cooked well tuned stock rom using kitchen but the problem is with updater script:confused:
boot.img - 8 mb

ALL GUYS HELP ME AND HELP EACH OTHER TO MAKE SUCCESSFUL ROMS TO OUR DEVICES:angel:

Same problem :(

Inviato dal mio LG-E400 con Tapatalk 2

edyscape

Apr 21, 2012
boot.img - 8 mb

I also get status 0, we have to fix the updater-script. To get 150mb rom size, use these files: http://www.mediafire.com/?tym9t2pdjwcwb2d
I also had problems with big files but by using these, the size is normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: irberserk

arthurbc

Apr 11, 2010
Guys, do our phone have native USB OTG functionality? If none, is it possible to enable it through kernel patches? TIA

Ygreck

Apr 9, 2012
Aachen
I also get status 0, we have to fix the updater-script. To get 150mb rom size, use these files: http://www.mediafire.com/?tym9t2pdjwcwb2d
I also had problems with big files but by using these, the size is normal.
I think every body here don't know how to build a stockrom^^ sorry

okay, quick guide:
1. you need linux and open terminal
2. download via repo miui source:
Code:
mkdir patchrom
cd patchrom
repo init -u https://github.com/MiCode/patchrom.git -b ics
repo sync
3. after this configurate
Code:
mkdir stock
. build/envsetup.sh
cd stock
4. install adb and do this
Code:
adb reboot recovery
../tools/releasetools/ota_target_from_phone -r
5. now in /patchrom/stock/ you finde stockrom.zip

Guys, do our phone have native USB OTG functionality? If none, is it possible to enable it through kernel patches? TIA
don't know, sorry

edyscape

Apr 21, 2012
I think every body here don't know how to build a stockrom^^ sorry

okay, quick guide:
1. you need linux and open terminal
2. download via repo miui source:
Code:
mkdir patchrom
cd patchrom
repo init -u https://github.com/MiCode/patchrom.git -b ics
repo sync
3. after this configurate
Code:
mkdir stock
. build/envsetup.sh
cd stock
4. install adb and do this
Code:
adb reboot recovery
../tools/releasetools/ota_target_from_phone -r
5. now in /patchrom/stock/ you finde stockrom.zip

don't know, sorry
How does this help compared to using the files CWM gives? And could you upload the stockrom?

Last edited:

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
status 0 is because you used an incorrect updater binary. this is why you shouldnt use kitchens ;) especially not ones that are old and no longer updated :p

for porting cm and the like youll need to build a device repo, not unlike what my sources are setup like

https://github.com/Shabbypenguin/android_device_samsung_blaze4g
https://github.com/Shabbypenguin/android_device_lge_ms840
https://github.com/Shabbypenguin/android_device_lge_vs840
https://github.com/Shabbypenguin/android_device_lge_ms695

the best place to start is the cwm files for your device, since i didnt make it idk where they are. once you got a device profile then you build cm7 using it and try to get it to boot, from there you edit the config files etc to make it work (it sounds easy but this is teh part that takes months :p ). once youive got cm7 you can do miui etc cm9 is a whole new ball of wax and would be a big project to undertake as the first aosp rom...

Cobmaster

Oct 18, 2011
Lecco
Samsung Galaxy S10+
OnePlus 7
boot.img - 8 mb

Probably we get this error because we have also the update-binary for another device. We can try to pick one from Samsung or another device that's similar to ours. When I try to make a kernel (from source I picked from LG) I get an error because something is missing.

hecatae

Jul 7, 2010
anyone built AOSP yet, I'm following this:

Code:
1. Android build

- Download original android source code GB 2.3.6 (android-cts-2.2_r2) from http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html                                  
  - Unzip opensource packages of E400_Optimus_L3_Android_GB_E400.tar.gz into downloaded android source directory 
  - And, merge the source into the android source code
  - Run following scripts to build android                                                
        (a) source build/envsetup.sh
        (B) lunch full-eng
        (c) make -j4              

-  When you compile the android source code, you have to add google original prebuilt source(toolchain) into the android folder 
  -  "-j4" : The number, 4, is the number of multiple jobs to be invoked simultaneously. 

2. Kernel Build

- Untar using following command at the android folder
                tar -zxvf E400_Optimus_L3_KERNEL_E400.tar.gz
  - cd kernel
  - make ARCH=arm e0eu-perf_defconfig
  - make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=../prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.3.1/bin/arm-eabi- zImage -j4

After Build, You Can find the build image at arch/arm/boot

using this: http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensource-detail.jsp?detailCustomerModelCode=LGE400

tony_secreto

Jul 1, 2012
Hi, no custom roms for E400?
I've rooted mi LG and I can't cook any rom because not have any soft for extract and zip "sistem.img.ext
any ideas?
Sorry for my bad english, but this night we're going to win to Italian Seleccion !
QUE VIVA ESPAÑA:good:

Cobmaster

Oct 18, 2011
Lecco
Samsung Galaxy S10+
OnePlus 7
Hi, no custom roms for E400?
I've rooted mi LG and I can't cook any rom because not have any soft for extract and zip "sistem.img.ext
any ideas?
Sorry for my bad english, but this night we're going to win to Italian Seleccion !
QUE VIVA ESPAÑA:good:

The kitchen can extract the system.img.ext but it can't build a rom due an incompatibility with the update-binary and the updater-script. We can use the update-binary from titanium backup ( I tried to install it via recovery an it works!) and we must modify the updater-script manually to fit our device. And then it should work.
EDIT: I'll make a try this evening. I'll report if it works!
If you have any issues for the update-binary use this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to keep you guys informed: The servers are on cooldown currently, so I am not working on the site right now. I am doing this from time to time to guarantee a good site performance. As for the download servers: I will upload the files to several hosting services and when one throws me out there will be only a couple of downloads unavailable for a few hours(there will be a page to show the server status so you can check that out too). I hope that this will solve all the issues I had before I left. Everything should be ready within two weeks from now(and this time I mean it :D)
    I had some sex with CM10 source and 3.4 kernel: :p
    2a80mc4.png
    I'm back!

Hi guys! It's been a long time since I banned myself from the internet because of school, but I'm back!
    The reason I left was because I had to focus on school if I wanted to make it this year, but this didn't work out as I wanted.

I have followed the blog that hecaex took over from me lately and I noticed that it has moved to another place several times.
    Well, those days will be over soon, because I'm 'rebooting' e400 ROMs and this time it will stay at the same place.

I'm working very hard to finish this new site, but I have some hosting issues(as usual:p), so I can't publish it right now.
    however, I can already give you some features of this new site that will be included:

- Pinboard style theme with featured images, It gives a grid effect which is very nice when browsing ROMs
    - Developers can submit their own ROMs!
    - you can become a member and have your own profile page(especially usefull for developers)
    - Direct messages to other members
    - ROM rating(so developers, you can now compete with eachother for the best rating:D)
    - A support chat at the bottom of the website, so you can ask me questions when I'm online through the chat

This is not everything yet, but it gives you a picture of what the new site will contain;)
    I will also work on the e400 ROMs app again and you will be redirected to a download page of it when you visit the site on mobile.
    I will post more info and the link soon and from now on I will be active in the facebook groups, this forum and the modaco forum again.

I hope you guys forgive me for leaving for nothing(since I screwed up this schoolyear anyway) and that you will like my new site!

Misterff1
    4shared.com/zip/gXvhV_JK/stock_recovery_restorer.html
    That was the zip that i used by the message ''stock recovery restored''

V10i i allready tried to.
    But im going to try it again after dinner :)

EDIT: This is where i downloaded the kdz file.

lg-phones.org/official-lg-optimus-l3-firmware-download.html

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

KDZ Settings

Type: 3GQCT
    Version: V10I_00
    Phonemode: DIAG

Result:
    L3 Reboots till LG logo, Like everytime
    Rebooting gets me back to CWM Recovery.

KDZ LOG FILE:
    http://www.4shared.com/office/qfvNu47T/KDZ_FW_UPD_log.html

You have to adb to bootloader from cmd line in windows
    adb reboot-bootloader
    and then fastboot stock recovery (see attachment)
    and use from cmd line

fastboot

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

at last u type fastboot reboot
    make sure u put adb / fastboot / recovery.img in preferably c:tools

Thanks Marvinzek for the files
    to be able to port bug-free cm10

i guess we have to upgrade our kernel first.

other devs hv been using this idea since then and successfully created good cm10 builds for other phones

wait for our cm maintainers (official and unofficial) because i know they are the only ones whos in capable of doing that or if u could release one, do it instead

Some really good devs are working on cm10 when they have the device...
    The team called TeamHackLG (2 guys are from pecancm team)
    Are working on cm10/.1/.2 for L5 and L7 and they will support our device too!
    They told me that they will get the l3 in some days and they will start instantly to build cm10 for us!