Samsung SM-G900A - from AT&T Unlock

Search This thread

Mttron

Dec 27, 2014
loxley, Alabama
I'm not getting answer of main question, can I flash custom rom or root Samsung SM-G900A and use it with any sim card even if it is blacklisted by AT&T
If your phone is locked you cannot use any other SIM card but the one that is for it! IE an ATT locked phone will only work CORRECTLY with an ATT SIM card or straight talk SIM card for ATT.
In order to FLASH a NEW ROM (Operating system) You have to Flash a new Bootloader IE ROOT your Phone. This will enable many things and give you more power IE delete bloatware, flash a new OS, etc. The Bootloader on the S5 is encrypted but many have found ways to replace it on the S5. If you find a good ROOT for the S5(ATT) use it at your own risk!
It is doable but may brick your phone if you do it incorrectly!
You can buy an unlock code from many places. Search for 'Unlock Galaxy S5'

Last edited:

PadsPCB

Feb 13, 2012
São Paulo
AT&T Unlock

My problem is worst,
I got an G900A from AT&T and received my unlock code from them.
Phone worked nicely but it crashed during an OTA. Hard bricked i must say.
Only solution was returning it to Samsung. They were nice, send me UPS sticker and all and in 4 days phone was back and working.
Troucble: they have changed the PBA or motherboard, the IMEI is the same but unlock code doent works. It is not rejected, simply does not work.
I have the called back Samsung and they said this AT&T problem.
I have spend hours on support and they only know to open a new unlock service that results in the SAME code always, because it is tied to the IMEI obviously.
Is there a way to solve this.
Thanks for any help

ezio.altair

Jan 26, 2015
had mine unlock here in the phillipines im on vaction and they were able to do it for under $20 and im using one of the sim card here and works fine besides the limited Lte towers here i suggest gettin another unlock code.. search for the cheapest one i know you could get one within 24 hrs but it cost a bit more

mram11

Jul 11, 2011
Cincinnati
IMEI incorrect

My problem is worst,
Only solution was returning it to Samsung. They were nice, send me UPS sticker and all and in 4 days phone was back and working.
Troucble: they have changed the PBA or motherboard, the IMEI is the same but unlock code doent works. It is not rejected, simply does not work.
I have spend hours on support and they only know to open a new unlock service that results in the SAME code always, because it is tied to the IMEI obviously.
Thanks for any help
Have you actually trying to get the IMEI dialing #06# or just getting the same from the back of the phone?
if they replaced the motherboard it won't match the IMEI on the back and you have to dial#06# to obtain it.

jack_p75

Dec 12, 2010
hi just one question i have S5 AT&T G900A in ecuador the devaice is unloked i use every sim card without problem but i like debrand with lillipop rom for G900F is possible do that ?
thanks

Last edited:

Jdub532476

Sep 3, 2017
If your phone is locked you cannot use any other SIM card but the one that is for it! IE an ATT locked phone will only work CORRECTLY with an ATT SIM card or straight talk SIM card for ATT.
In order to FLASH a NEW ROM (Operating system) You have to Flash a new Bootloader IE ROOT your Phone. This will enable many things and give you more power IE delete bloatware, flash a new OS, etc. The Bootloader on the S5 is encrypted but many have found ways to replace it on the S5. If you find a good ROOT for the S5(ATT) use it at your own risk!
It is doable but may brick your phone if you do it incorrectly!
You can buy an unlock code from many places. Search for 'Unlock Galaxy S5'

My problem is worst,
Thanks for any help

All you do is email at t and theyll give you a free network unlock code to use on any network or sim it just sucks the sm g900a has a locked bootloader double locked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Last Protocol

I think MobileTechVideos.com is the final solution.
    They are an affordable service with great solutions to mostly everything.

Press the thanks button if this helped you :):good:
    I purchased my phone outright And an AT&T agent gave me my unlock code right away with no questions asked. Was very simple. ..I might have gotten lucky though. Just saying
    Hello.i have a brand new SM G900A FROM AT&T.but i want to use another carriers sim.please help.i need this phone for work..so i could really use some good advise..thanks

click any of the links in my signature, then look for samsung galaxy s5 unlock, its the cheapest I think