cant root ee kestrel

Search This thread

scottmenz

May 7, 2014
Hey guys I'm new to the forum although I've used some of the softwear on here to root android devices.

I recently got an ee kestrel but I can't root it tryed most things also saferoot won't root the device. Any help would be appreciated

Regards scott

scottmenz

May 7, 2014
Totally agree even for the games it runs fantastic cand fault it at all just seems all root methods are patched

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using Tapatalk

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks
+1 ,Kestrel (huawei G535-L11) bought it 3 days ago, great 4g phone plus 10GB of data all £110 from EE, i've tried everything ,no chance of finding some tutorial of rooting it.

maybe one of the devs here @ XDA will, i'm sure they can root any phone, can't wait to root it .running on jellybean 4.3. you can get to factory recovery by holding power+volume up, bootloader is locked, from recovery screen,it says something about flashing updates and stuff ,thats pretty much about it..:confused:
i believe its an identical copy of huawei ascend P6

i wonder if its worth starting a thread on HUAWEI FORUM ( new phone ???? ) .:eek:

vulpy

Nov 6, 2010
Actually it is a near identical copy of Ascend G6 (lower spec cameras and no NFC).
I was dying to root it but now I'm rather happy with the stock ROM and the KK luncher...
GPS is stellar (better than Galaxy Note 3), battery lasts for ages (2 days with easy use), loving it!!!

Now just waiting for one brave dev to root it and build a slim ROM so we can enjoy the speed and coolness of this fella!

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks
Actually it is a near identical copy of Ascend G6 (lower spec cameras and no NFC).
I was dying to root it but now I'm rather happy with the stock ROM and the KK luncher...
GPS is stellar (better than Galaxy Note 3), battery lasts for ages (2 days with easy use), loving it!!!

Now just waiting for one brave dev to root it and build a slim ROM so we can enjoy the speed and coolness of this fella!

u said ,you got yours unlocked, where ? . i want to get mine unlocked too. link if possible !
cheers

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks

cheers just got mine unlocked £3.

i'm trying to root mine with this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52966585#post52966585

[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[*] Pushing exploit...
2238 KB/s (1283460 bytes in 0.560s)
[*] Pushing root tools...
1298 KB/s (113036 bytes in 0.085s)
1925 KB/s (493036 bytes in 0.250s)
2542 KB/s (2278361 bytes in 0.875s)
open: Permission denied
pkg: /data/local/tmp/SuperSu.apk
Success
[*] Rooting phone...
[+] This may take a few minutes.
[-] Failure.
[*] Cleaning up...
[*] This Tool Will Be Updated When New Binaries Relesed
[*] Finish. Press enter to reboot and exit.

shame didn't root it, but now towelroot did it .all credit to GEOHOT

Last edited:
Reactions: DANfour20

DANfour20

Jul 25, 2013
Thinking of getting one of these.

Hi guys I was thinking of getting one of these phone as an upgrade to my xperia u.

theres a few things im worried about.

If i dont root the phone will i be able to install apex launcher? (my xperia u is rooted i cant remember the restrictions unrooted phones imply, really not liking the look of the stock launcher)

If i do root the phone is it simple? (do i need to unlock the bootloader to root and how complicated is that if so)

I'm going to network unlock mine when the 10gb of data runs out i want it on the three network (from what i understand i insert a three sim boot the phone up and its going to ask me for an unlock code, which i will purchase from ebay and enter then thats it, it will work on any network?)

what do you get from antutu (both when its been used and after a fresh reboot)

how does it handle real racing 3? my xperia U will not play that game smoothly on high.

thanks for reading.

DANfour20

Jul 25, 2013

i'm trying to root mine with this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52966585#post52966585

[*]
[*] Device found.
[*] Pushing exploit...
Success
[*] Rooting phone...
[-] Failure.
[*] Cleaning up...

shame didn't root it, i guess we'll have to wait for a fix

Hi can you answer my previous question in regards to buying this phone please.

osstis

Oct 13, 2009
West Yorkshire / Silesia Poland
Hi guys I was thinking of getting one of these phone as an upgrade to my xperia u.

If i dont root the phone will i be able to install apex launcher? (my xperia u is rooted i cant remember the restrictions unrooted phones imply, really not liking the look of the stock launcher)

If i do root the phone is it simple? (do i need to unlock the bootloader to root and how complicated is that if so)

I'm going to network unlock mine when the 10gb of data runs out i want it on the three network (from what i understand i insert a three sim boot the phone up and its going to ask me for an unlock code, which i will purchase from ebay and enter then thats it, it will work on any network?)

how does it handle real racing 3? my xperia U will not play that game smoothly on high.

thanks for reading.

You don't need root to get any other launcher app installed. Root is good to uninstall branded apps and other bloatware also install Custom recovery Mode, custom rom ant few more tweaks. If you are normal user I suggest to stick with original ROM as it is very fast with great battery life. Just make some customization like Apex launcher, new icon packs and similar things without root permission.

Once you got code from ebay just type it when you are asked with new sim inserted, it will work with any other network.

AnTuTu - I got 18276 out of box (no root, tweaks etc)

Real Racing 3 works perfect without any lag (didn't checked if it was on high details)

Adobe Flash Player works on it! (No root required). Just copy attachment to your phone storage and install (make sure you have ticked "Unknown sources" under Settings => Security

Overall great smartphone for £99 and plastic body it is better then I've expected but would be great if I can find Ascend G6 battery door as I don't like EE logo.

Attachments

• install_flash_player_ics.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2014-07-16-17-03-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-16-17-03-07.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 91

DANfour20

Jul 25, 2013
You don't need root to get any other launcher app installed. Root is good to uninstall branded apps and other bloatware also install Custom recovery Mode, custom rom ant few more tweaks. If you are normal user I suggest to stick with original ROM as it is very fast with great battery life. Just make some customization like Apex launcher, new icon packs and similar things without root permission.

Once you got code from ebay just type it when you are asked with new sim inserted, it will work with any other network.

Real Racing 3 works perfect without any lag (didn't checked if it was on high details)

Adobe Flash Player works on it! (No root required). Just copy attachment to your phone storage and install (make sure you have ticked "Unknown sources" under Settings => Security

Overall great smartphone for £99 and plastic body it is better then I've expected but would be great if I can find Ascend G6 battery door as I don't like EE logo.

Sounds great. yeah the EE logo is a bit of an eye sore. (i read in a review that during testing the logo had started rubbing off, rub it more lol)

I dont think the G6 rear would fit due to the camera and flash placement (the kestrels 5mp lens looks like its much larger in circumference and the edge is very near to the top of the case where as the 8MP of the g6 is smaller and the edge looks further from the top of the case then the kestrel, also the flash appears to be closer to the central hole on the rear of the kestrel, the g6 flash appears to be more central between the hole in the middle aand the lens.) kestrel photo http://www.engadget.com/gallery/ee-kestrel-review/2620945/#!slide=2620945 g6 photo http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_g6-pictures-6136.php

hi, just go and grab one while it's on special offer, you won't regret it, it's exactly the same as the ascend G6 except from the low spec cameras, i'm happy with the cameras ,great phone almost the same as the G6 that's more than twice the price plus you topup with £10 and you get free 10GB of 4G data to burn out over 3 months ,speed that reaches up to 50mbps thats even faster than any fiber optic BB.

now its rootable, except from working custom recovery, from what i know and have been told, for a dev to make a cwm, they physicaly need to have the phone in order to make a cwm. so we'll have to wait for a dev to come up with it, or there is another option, is to find a dev ,who is willing to make a cwm then we all have to gather ( let's say if there is 100 kestrel users who want a cwm, then we can can donate £1 each total of £100 in order for him to buy the phone and make a cwm ). simple

the reason for us to have a cwm , is to be able to make a nand backup of the phone ( which is crucial ) so we can restore it to way it was just when we made the the nand backup. that if something goes wrong

i'm happy with the stock firmware and maybe in a near future someone will start making custom roms.

hope this helps everyones questions.:cool:

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

let me know if you find one, i'm not sure but i think the G6 might fit, can't find any on ebay[/QUOTE]

I'm not to bothered about CWM and custom roms. (although i do have jellybean on my xperia u, sony only released ICS as an update)

I read Huawei or EE should (and hopefully will) be updating the phone to KitKat so as long as it runs smoothly then thats all i need (until the next android version lol), i'll root and rip out the bloatware and just have apex instead for a more vanilla feel. (i would like to know what you can safely uninstall of the system apps) Thanks for your replies guys i should be getting this phone within the next 2 weeks (thats if i arent persuaded to get the moto g (4g model £150))

Last edited:

DANfour20

Jul 25, 2013
I'm not to bothered about CWM and custom roms. (although i do have jellybean on my xperia u, sony only released ICS as an update)

I read Huawei or EE should (and hopefully will) be updating the phone to KitKat so as long as it runs smoothly then thats all i need (until the next android version lol), i'll root and rip out the bloatware and just have apex instead for a more vanilla feel. (i would like to know what you can safely uninstall of the system apps) Thanks for your replies guys i should be getting this phone within the next 2 weeks (thats if i arent persuaded to get the moto g (4g model £150))

the choice is yours, they have almost the same specs[/QUOTE]

Moto g hd screen, but kestrel has micro sd slot. As long as the screen is fairly crisp then I'm more inclined to go with the kestrel. My Xperia u has 280poi on a 3.5 screen and to me that looks fine. I'm worried the larger screen coupled with lower ppi will leave me disappointed.

osstis

Oct 13, 2009
West Yorkshire / Silesia Poland
the choice is yours, they have almost the same specs

Moto g hd screen, but kestrel has micro sd slot. As long as the screen is fairly crisp then I'm more inclined to go with the kestrel. My Xperia u has 280poi on a 3.5 screen and to me that looks fine. I'm worried the larger screen coupled with lower ppi will leave me disappointed.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to be worried about screen PPI, I've had xperia S, moto g, RAZRI and more and to be honest Kestrel IPS it is pretty good, much better then Sony tft, it is good in sunny day as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I unlocked mine here:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

u said ,you got yours unlocked, where ? . i want to get mine unlocked too. link if possible !
    cheers

[*]
    [*] Device found.
    [*] Pushing exploit...
    Success
    [*] Rooting phone...
    [-] Failure.
    [*] Cleaning up...

shame didn't root it, but now towelroot did it .all credit to GEOHOT

Managed to get mine done today in less that one minute after trying for 2 days - seemples when you know a man that knows :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks to rafaq and http://towelroot.com/

thanks for reading.

the choice is yours, they have almost the same specs

Moto g hd screen, but kestrel has micro sd slot. As long as the screen is fairly crisp then I'm more inclined to go with the kestrel. My Xperia u has 280poi on a 3.5 screen and to me that looks fine. I'm worried the larger screen coupled with lower ppi will leave me disappointed.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to be worried about screen PPI, I've had xperia S, moto g, RAZRI and more and to be honest Kestrel IPS it is pretty good, much better then Sony tft, it is good in sunny day as well.