Battery meter sticking?

Search This thread

Nikolai2.1

May 16, 2010
Recently I've had a problem where my battery meter doesnt go down till I reboot. Sometimes it will, and then it'll drop like 15% or so. I've had 100% for like thirty minutes now and its kinda scaring me.

Das Bamf 1.3.2
Ziggys 4.6.11 CFS kernel

Edit: it just dropped to 97%... No 99 or 98

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

travishamockery

Nov 18, 2006
I had the same problem on Das Bamf....couldn't figure it out. I'm on Perfect Storm now and have no problem with it reading correctly now. I like Das Bamf but can't use it until that is working.

Nikolai2.1

May 16, 2010
I had the same problem on Das Bamf....couldn't figure it out. I'm on Perfect Storm now and have no problem with it reading correctly now. I like Das Bamf but can't use it until that is working.

I'm not so sure its a problem with the Rom. It didn't start happening till I wiped my battery stats a couple of times.

peddigree

Dec 15, 2010
i been having the same problem but only on my extended battery. if i put my stock one in it reads it just fine and it drops down. when i put my extended battery in it gets stuck forever and if i reboot the phone i lose like 30 percent later on in the day. i did all the methods i can find.

bump charge the phone wipe status let it discharge completely recharge it full and still nothing. i dont worry about my phone dying because its the extended battery but its just more annoying than anything

Nikolai2.1

May 16, 2010
i been having the same problem but only on my extended battery. if i put my stock one in it reads it just fine and it drops down. when i put my extended battery in it gets stuck forever and if i reboot the phone i lose like 30 percent later on in the day. i did all the methods i can find.

bump charge the phone wipe status let it discharge completely recharge it full and still nothing. i dont worry about my phone dying because its the extended battery but its just more annoying than anything

Are you also on Bamf?

peddigree

Dec 15, 2010
its not a rom issue for me I believe because I tried chingy rom also and had the same problems. I am now trying virus and will see. But as mention the stock battery works just fine for some reason.

are you using stock or extended battery

Nikolai2.1

May 16, 2010
its not a rom issue for me I believe because I tried chingy rom also and had the same problems. I am now trying virus and will see. But as mention the stock battery works just fine for some reason.

are you using stock or extended battery

Stock...that's partly why I'm confused. I think its wiping battery stats

toebee76

Nov 16, 2010
Well I am having the same problem, except I am on the stock rom, and have never wiped my battery data. I am however rooted, and removed some of the verizon bloat (e.g. blockbuster, ect). Stock battery as well. The indicator and widgets will show the correct percentage on boot, but will not update after that.

I noticed it last night when I was trying different battery widgets. I have tried removing them, rebooting, nothing seems to help.

***UPDATE***
I think I fixed my problem, i'm not sure if they are all related, but here is what I found. I noticed I was getting a force close by SuperUser. So I force stopped it and cleared its data. Did a reboot and now all seems well. No force closed and the indicator appears to be updating.

Last edited:

Droopie28

Aug 10, 2010
San Bruno, Ca
Ive been having this with every rom, well virus roms for sure, I just drain the battery all the way down until it dies, then after i fully charge it, it refreshes... goodluck